IGNORED

Congrats to LCFC

Tomo

47 minutes ago, glastonred said:

What a season for Leicester. Though I do feel sorry for Spurs. They have their best season for over 50 years and they end up getting pipped at the post.

Spurs weren't "pipped at the post"

Leicester have been top of the league all season and are 7 points clear with 2 games to spare. 

However incedible and unlikely their achievement is, they are fully deserving of the title this season. 

1 hour ago, bcfcfinker said:

Congrats LCFC.

Now what's the odds for them being relegated next season? :whistle:

I actually think that it's a decent bet! 

Chapuons league will stretch and distract their squad to the max although of course they are in a very strong position now to strengthen with players who would have been beyond their wildest dreams, will that interfere with the very thing that has seen them defy all the odds this season, core strength and togetherness..? 

Will be interesting to see but I fancy a tenner on an outside bet that they get relegated. 

Can't remember where in which paper I read it but there was an interesting article that suggested the new TV deal should help all clubs become competitive in respect that we've reached a tipping point for incomes and that whilst United's income may way outstrip Leicester, you only need Leicester's income to be competitive.

Obviously there will be market forces but simply the pool of talent is such that most teams, if mamaged right, will have a chance.

7 hours ago, Olé said:

Fantastic and life affirming achievement, can't add much to what others have said. 

Two observations on a couple of photos being used everywhere:

#1 Front of BBC News website tonight and one of papers tomorrow has Leicesfer fans celebrating Chelsea equaliser... wearing Champions t-shirts. Really? I don't know many who would wear shirts like that before it was confirmed.

#2 Vardy's party and photo on front page of Sun (see newspaper front covers on BBC News website, wouldn't buy it) has about 8 or 9 players in shot (no Mahrez) but there's Liam Moore loving it. Did nothing for us, has he played for them?

Mahrez is there, the whole team was. Moore came from Leciester on loan.

Fantastic achievement by a team, not individuals.

I guess that the bookies will have a bumper closed season now.  Likely to see a large increase of (normally non-punting) footy fans schlepping 20 quid on their own team of no-hopers to win a league title.  

With 92 clubs competing in the English set up and only 4 titles up for grabs, I believe that there's a good amount of free money heading the way of Honest John and his mates.  

If an equal number of fans from each club were to lump 20 on their own side, 4.34782608696% would have a winning slip in their hot and stickies at the end of next season.  However, of the money punted 95.652173913% would never see the outside of the bookies sack again.

With odds like that, it'd be a mugs game to back ones own team to win a title outright.  So............ I'll be kissing a purple one goodbye and lumping on City anyway  :dancing6:

50 minutes ago, Selred said:

Mahrez is there, the whole team was. Moore came from Leciester on loan.

Fantastic achievement by a team, not individuals.

Pretty sure I saw Ben Hamer partying there as well on the tv shots. Fair play to them all. Incredible achievement as everyone has already said. Fairytale stuff indeed. 

Special shout out should go to the St John's Ambulance who lost £5,000 when Leicester put themselves into administration in 2002 to pay for a stadium they knew they couldn't afford when they starts building it. In fact, we can all share in their special victory because they never paid £6million of tax outstanding at the time of that administration. More so, as we competed (stretching the meaning a little) in the Championship the year they got promoted despite debts of over £100million in 2013. Perhaps the biggest shout in that respect should go to their billionaire Thai owner who wiped out said debt and underwrote the subsequent losses of £34million and £21million

Fantastic achievement on the pitch no doubt, but it ain't been no fairytale off it

• Admin
7 hours ago, Cunnyfunt said:

5000-1 

Enough said. 

At the same time these were GENUINE odds being offered:

Prime Minister Simon Cowell - 500/1

Piers Morgan as Arsenal manager - 2,500/1

Sir Alex Ferguson to win Strictly Come Dancing - 1,000/1

The Queen for Christmas number one - 1,000/1

Loch Ness monster to be discovered - 500/1

Triplets for Kate and William - 1,000/1

Dean Gaffney to win a best actor Oscar - 1,000/1

Kim Kardashian for US president - 2,000/1

Is Elvis alive? - 2,000/1

19 minutes ago, phantom said:

At the same time these were GENUINE odds being offered:

Prime Minister Simon Cowell - 500/1

Piers Morgan as Arsenal manager - 2,500/1

Sir Alex Ferguson to win Strictly Come Dancing - 1,000/1

The Queen for Christmas number one - 1,000/1

Loch Ness monster to be discovered - 500/1

Triplets for Kate and William - 1,000/1

Dean Gaffney to win a best actor Oscar - 1,000/1

Kim Kardashian for US president - 2,000/1

Is Elvis alive? - 2,000/1

Have you been looking at my accumulator slip?

2 hours ago, chipdawg said:

Special shout out should go to the St John's Ambulance who lost £5,000 when Leicester put themselves into administration in 2002 to pay for a stadium they knew they couldn't afford when they starts building it. In fact, we can all share in their special victory because they never paid £6million of tax outstanding at the time of that administration. More so, as we competed (stretching the meaning a little) in the Championship the year they got promoted despite debts of over £100million in 2013. Perhaps the biggest shout in that respect should go to their billionaire Thai owner who wiped out said debt and underwrote the subsequent losses of £34million and £21million

Fantastic achievement on the pitch no doubt, but it ain't been no fairytale off it

Ooh you cynic, Chip.

Next you'll be suggesting that their multi-billionaire owner acquired his lucrative duty free concessions as a front for the faceless military junta who really run Thailand! 

The very thought....

12 hours ago, glastonred said:

What a season for Leicester. Though I do feel sorry for Spurs. They have their best season for over 50 years and they end up getting pipped at the post.

They got 72 points a few seasons ago, so they could still not break their own record. The fact is everyone else has been awful this season. Leicester are deserved champions clearly but if Arsenal, Man C, Man U, Chelsea or even Liverpool got the amount of points they usually get they would've won the title by now.

13 hours ago, Pezo said:

The only way i can describe this to people that dont like football is imagine a druggy cleaning up his life and becoming primeminister in the space of 3 years.

serious congratulations to Leicester and everyone connected to the club.

Has Osborne replaced Cameron? 

Next season should be quite interesting again - I thought this season would be a bit boring with the usual lot dominating.

Now we potentially have Leicester and West Ham who could do well again next season plus Spurs who can win it if they sign a couple more class players (in fact just get Bale back...). Great to see teams like Man U and Chelsea not assured of top four - hope they continue to decline. Man City should be strong with Pep in though. Even Liverpool may finally get their act together. Arsenal with Wenger won't win it - due a managerial change now surely.

Don't rule out Burnley either...

8 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Next season should be quite interesting again - I thought this season would be a bit boring with the usual lot dominating.

Now we potentially have Leicester and West Ham who could do well again next season plus Spurs who can win it if they sign a couple more class players (in fact just get Bale back...). Great to see teams like Man U and Chelsea not assured of top four - hope they continue to decline. Man City should be strong with Pep in though. Even Liverpool may finally get their act together. Arsenal with Wenger won't win it - due a managerial change now surely.

Don't rule out Burnley either...

I can see AFC Bournemouth coming on leaps and bounds too.  Don't get me wrong - I'm not suggesting a Leicester mark II but I don't reckon a Euro League place is beyond them...

Throw in Southampton, Everton (with new investment and maybe a new manager), Palace if they can replicate their early form over a season, Stoke if they stay injury-free and Swansea if they can have a season more like last year than this year and there's potentially 11 or 12 teams that'll have an eye on a top 6 finish...

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Ooh you cynic, Chip.

Next you'll be suggesting that their multi-billionaire owner acquired his lucrative duty free concessions as a front for the faceless military junta who really run Thailand! 

The very thought....

How very dare you! That's almost as ridiculous as implying that King Power had been complicit in extorting money from tourists in Thai regional airports

An utterly scandalous accusation!

15 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

How very dare you! That's almost as ridiculous as implying that King Power had been complicit in extorting money from tourists in Thai regional airports

An utterly scandalous accusation!

Indeed. God forbid!

I always think that to become a billionaire in a developing country you are either a crook or a c*** and probably both.

Happy for the Leicester fans though.

It's a city I know well.  Bit of a pig to look at, apart from the tiny historic centre, but the populace are very friendly albeit they always seem a bit simple to me. And personally,  I think Leicester's Indian restaurants trample all over Brick Lane or the "Curry mile". None better.

6 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Indeed. God forbid!

I always think that to become a billionaire in a developing country you are either a crook or a c*** and probably both.

It's a city I know well.  Bit of a pig to look at, apart from the tiny historic centre, but the populace are very friendly albeit they always seem a bit simple to me. And personally,  I think Leicester's Indian restaurants trample all over Brick Lane or the "Curry mile". None better.

Studied at Uni in Leicester for 3 years, in fact I was up there when they got relegated to League 1 under Holloway and we made the playoff final.

They're a decent bunch up there and I know one or two from the city who are lifelong fans and I'm delighted for them. They were going home and away in League One and it's great to see a club without millions of plastic gloryhunter followers winning the league. 

44 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Indeed. God forbid!

Yeah, I certainly don't begrudge the fans the win, it must be awesome. Just don't like the 'fairy tale' angle which- surprise, surprise- seems to be primarily being propagated by Sky to advertise their product. It's good for English football though, shakes things up a bit

I've always eaten West Indian food in Leicester bizarrely, can't beat Bradford for a good curry though and I'd imagine Leicester to be similar quality

Archived