IGNORED

Premier League Champions 2018/19

What I can see is us recruiting Tomlin, keeping Kodjia, boosting our midfield and defence, and continuing our form from the second half of this season into next season. That's what happened for Leicester from last season into this, and for us under both Cotterill & Johnson in League 1. 

So there is the challenge. How high it gets us up this division I have no idea but we should be aiming top half, with at least a hope of getting around the playoffs. After that who knows!

8 hours ago, Just Red said:

The ultimate goal for any football club is to one day do exactly what Leicester have done, every time City play I hope we win, every season I hope it's our season, otherwise what is the point?

Spot on. Can't understand fans when say they wouldn't want to get into the Premier League.

10 hours ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

Could it be us? 

Well, let's take a look at Leicester City. 110 years of league football, 47 in the top division, 62 in the second tier. One solitary season at tier 3. So already, we see that Leicester are and have been, worlds apart/ahead of us. How many years have we spent toiling in Div 3? Then there's the cups, LC have four FA Cup final appearances to our one (but like us, no win); LC have won the League Cup three times. LC have played in the UEFA cup. 

There was already an enormous gulf between ourselves and LC before we got to this season.

Then we can look at Leicester, the town. Their rugby club is one of the most successful in the country, multiple league and cup wins, and the best supported, compared to perennial losers Cmon Bris, who are not in the same league as LRFC (literally and metaphorically). Leicester CCC have won the cricket county championship three times, neither Glos or Somerset have ever won it.

Mark Selby wins the snooker world championship, again, while Judd Trump flatters to deceive, again.

As sporting cities, one is already pretty successful, and Bristol is a pile of sh1te.

BristolSport #workingtomakeBristolaworldclasssportingcity - good luck with that!

Have a nice, optimistic, day (at least the sun is shining here).

17 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Well, let's take a look at Leicester City. 110 years of league football, 47 in the top division, 62 in the second tier. One solitary season at tier 3. So already, we see that Leicester are and have been, worlds apart/ahead of us. How many years have we spent toiling in Div 3? Then there's the cups, LC have four FA Cup final appearances to our one (but like us, no win); LC have won the League Cup three times. LC have played in the UEFA cup. 

There was already an enormous gulf between ourselves and LC before we got to this season.

Then we can look at Leicester, the town. Their rugby club is one of the most successful in the country, multiple league and cup wins, and the best supported, compared to perennial losers Cmon Bris, who are not in the same league as LRFC (literally and metaphorically). Leicester CCC have won the cricket county championship three times, neither Glos or Somerset have ever won it.

Mark Selby wins the snooker world championship, again, while Judd Trump flatters to deceive, again.

As sporting cities, one is already pretty successful, and Bristol is a pile of sh1te.

BristolSport #workingtomakeBristolaworldclasssportingcity - good luck with that!

All true...but I know which city I'd rather live in.

19 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Hey, but at least we have one of the top suicide venues in the Clifton Suspension Bridge. I take it we'll see you there?

6 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Hey, but at least we have one of the top suicide venues in the Clifton Suspension Bridge. I take it we'll see you there?

Happiness = Expectation ÷ reality.

Blimey, this sorta thread will go down a storm on gaschat... Remember their past threads where it came back to bite them on the backside?

Whilst within the next 10 years or so, I can see us doing a Bournemouth and reaching the PL one day (realistically for one season I feel) and whilst there are examples like Leicester who didn't have a hope in hell of winning the PL last August and doing the unthinkable, there is always a chance.

However, there are also examples like Villa. It all goes to pot and you sink lower than a whore's knickers.

Will we get promoted? One day probably but certainly not anytime in the foreseeable.

Will we win the PL? I highly doubt it.

Archived