IGNORED

Jimmy's post match interview! His first LIVE City interview?

Norn Iron

Even if Mr Kodjia had been given an advance warning of the questions or a script to learn for the interview, he did really well. It's just a pity that whoever is teaching him English, isn't Bristolian! There wasn't a slightest hint of a briz accent. What's more there were no expressions apart from 'Gaffer'.

If his tutor is reading this thread, could you  please get Jimmy to learn some important phrases? For instance, when the interviewer says 'Hello', Jimmy should respond with 'Ere, alright me babby? ' Jimmy must know that any word ending with a vowel must have an L added to it. For instance, when the game of Footba came to Bristol, it became Footbal....it only has 2 Ls now because the Welsh players living in Bristo added an additional letter.

I'm sure there are other examples but well done Jimmy for your first (?) City interview. It was gert brill! 

47 minutes ago, Stoke_Gifford_Red said:

Technically not the first.

Nothing like a "technically"!

If I was a pedant, I'd ask the mods to change the title to His Second Interview?

Mods, please change the title! 

il est l'un des nôtres Jimmy Kodjial

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Nothing like a "technically"!

If I was a pedant, I'd ask the mods to change the title to His Second Interview?

Mods, please change the title! 

il est l'un des nôtres Jimmy Kodjial

@Norn Iron now amended for the pedantic people on here :thumbsup:

The interviewer needs to ask some easier questions though, "was that always in the back of your mind" come on just ask him if it was a target. Good to see he's happy and smiling as always though. He'll be a massive part of our season next year

43 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Obviously Codgers English is still very basic but I do wish his tutor would expand his vocabulary by teaching him other adjectives for the word "happy" like pleased or delighted. 

Perhaps you might learn to spell his name before lecturing him about his English and his vocabulary??!!

52 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Who was the infant Jimmy was holding?  He was very aware of where the goal was! Sign him up for the Academy Under Two's.

Not sure but I'll say this before Jack Dawe does...

He needs to bulk up a bit/send him out on loan to Plymouth/he's not good enough/Everton are interested in signing him.

Archived