IGNORED

Season 2016/2017

Jacs

From what others have posted, the Balloon Fiesta seems to have little relevance to fixtures.

I would prefer we are away first game, as my holiday is 23/7 to 6/8....although I'm sure I can persuade Mrs Fevs that travelling home on a Saturday is a bad idea, and that traffic will be light on a Friday night. :whistle:

46 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

From what others have posted, the Balloon Fiesta seems to have little relevance to fixtures.

I would prefer we are away first game, as my holiday is 23/7 to 6/8....although I'm sure I can persuade Mrs Fevs that travelling home on a Saturday is a bad idea, and that traffic will be light on a Friday night. :whistle:

We will not have a home fixture on the balloon fiesta weekend. Common sense really.

13 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

We will not have a home fixture on the balloon fiesta weekend. Common sense really.

Common sense.....rarely seen attribute in either local council or fixture planning departments :P 

25 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

We have done several times before, this comes up every pre season. Either last year or the year before someone gave a fair old list of times we were at home when the balloon fiesta was on

12 minutes ago, City169 said:

We have done several times before, this comes up every pre season. Either last year or the year before someone gave a fair old list of times we were at home when the balloon fiesta was on

When the balloon fiesta wasn't as big as it is now. Hundreds of thousands visit Ashton court to witness the balloon fiesta. 

1 minute ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

When the balloon fiesta wasn't as big as it is now. Hundreds of thousands visit Ashton court to witness the balloon fiesta. 

Some of the examples cited were in the last 10 years, possibly less. I know its grown a lot, but not in that short of a time

12 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

I may be dreaming but I'm sure I read somewhere that the club were requesting the  first two games to be away fixtures so any delay in finshing the west stand could be accommodated?

Off we go to Preston and S****horpe then with an away trip to Gillingham in the league cup in between.

1 hour ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

Not true, sixteen years ago 150,000 people attended the fiesta on the Saturday bringing the total attendance to a new record high of nearly half a million over that weekend. And we've been at home on fiesta Saturday since then....eg vs QPR in 2007

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not true, sixteen years ago 150,000 people attended the fiesta on the Saturday bringing the total attendance to a new record high of nearly half a million over that weekend. 

So similar numbers to those that follow Rovers?

No way can they have the balloon fiesta and a Rovers game in Bristol the same weekend. Something has to give so we may well end up the home fixture that weekend afterall.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Funnily enough my summer holiday is 23/7 to 6/8 too!

Please can I follow you to wherever you are going? (I promise not to do anything inappropriate in front of you or your wife :) )

• Admin
14 hours ago, Charliesboots said:

I may be dreaming but I'm sure I read somewhere that the club were requesting the  first two games to be away fixtures so any delay in finshing the west stand could be accommodated?

No that is Liverpool that have put in that request - I did post a question weeks back wondering as our new stand won't be 100% complete by August whether we would put in a similar request?

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

No that is Liverpool that have put in that request - I did post a question weeks back wondering as our new stand won't be 100% complete by August whether we would put in a similar request?

Last season we had a friendly against someone (who I can't remember) and were given free tickets to test out the stadium before it could be used for a match. I would think we will have to have similar again before it will get its licence/safety certificate. This surely will have to be done before opening day. Whether we are home or away. I expect if we thought we were going to be a bit behind we would have had to have asked by now for consideration re fixtures.

• Admin
1 hour ago, RedM said:

Last season we had a friendly against someone (who I can't remember) and were given free tickets to test out the stadium before it could be used for a match. I would think we will have to have similar again before it will get its licence/safety certificate. This surely will have to be done before opening day. Whether we are home or away. I expect if we thought we were going to be a bit behind we would have had to have asked by now for consideration re fixtures.

Can't remember that, I thought we played away for all the friendlies, but do remember there was a day when people were invited to "test out" the facilities

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Thought I read something similar, somewhere at sometime.

59 minutes ago, phantom said:

Can't remember that, I thought we played away for all the friendlies, but do remember there was a day when people were invited to "test out" the facilities

Son reckons it was Ipswich under 19's, he's probably right as he remembers useless info like that. I know it was midweek and they gave us tickets as we went it. They had one turnstile open, then more and were simulating a queue of people all arriving at once etc.

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Son reckons it was Ipswich under 19's, he's probably right as he remembers useless info like that. I know it was midweek and they gave us tickets as we went it. They had one turnstile open, then more and were simulating a queue of people all arriving at once etc.

'twas Sheffield Wednesday. http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/try-out-the-south-stand-2568132.aspx

• Admin
1 hour ago, RedM said:

Ahh I was thinking along the lines of the first team

I remember going to Wembley to watch the U21's V Italy U21's as a kind of "tester" before it was fully opened

Archived