IGNORED

Don't forget to vote!

4 minutes ago, Super said:

Traffic caused by them hogging the road.

That's a bit of a silly comment - why would they want to do that?

I accept that some cyclists can annoy drivers but when commuting, they are generally just trying to get where they are going and missing the traffic. Those that are dicks are most likely that way due to numerous close calls with inconsiderate motorists.

16 minutes ago, Scare_Man said:

That's a bit of a silly comment - why would they want to do that?

I accept that some cyclists can annoy drivers but when commuting, they are generally just trying to get where they are going and missing the traffic. Those that are dicks are most likely that way due to numerous close calls with inconsiderate motorists.

Plenty of cycle paths around, they should try using them.

16 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

How any City fan can bring themselves to vote for that man, when he did all he did to stop us getting AV is beyond me. Some people have short memories.

Throwing his toys out the pram and self funding the nimbys campaign to stop the stadium when he wasn't going to get the AG land says it all.

Remember that people. He needs to go. 

I agree, Ferguson is dreadful but anyone linked with the Labour party is even worse.

They will be occupying the last two slots on my ballot paper.

6 minutes ago, JM91 said:

I agree, Ferguson is dreadful but anyone linked with the Labour party is even worse.

They will be occupying the last two slots on my ballot paper.

You only get to vote first choice and second choice. There isn't a ranking system.

image.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

You only get to vote first choice and second choice. There isn't a ranking system.

image.jpeg

I wasn't aware of this, so thanks for that.  Although it does mean my vote will be irrelevant as I won't be voting Labour or Ferguson.

42 minutes ago, Super said:

Plenty of cycle paths around, they should try using them.

Not enough really, the traffic and parking is now so bad that most cycle lanes are used by cars anyway. They aren't particularly well thought out or utilised.

I love our fair city but the one thing about it that I just cant bare is that absolute cock of a mayor. Cronyism, 20mph zones, AV and hypocrisy to name but a few of the things that make me rage. 

He seems to be in it only for himself and his business colleagues. The fact there are multiple road signs pointing out directions to the Tobacco Factory says everything to me. Is his home/business that important that it needs road signs or is he using tax payers money to line his own pockets? 

Unfortunately, as a Downend resident I come under the South Gloucs banner so can't vote and have to sit and suffer his ridiculous ideas. 

It's difficult to think of a more smug or conceited man than George Ferguson.

Every time I hear him talk his standard reaction is a patronising laugh to anyone who has an apposing view to his.

incredible to think that the main plank of his term in office, RPZ'S wasn't even in his manifesto when standing for election last time. I wonder why ?

5 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

You can always mark the no vote box. That way you don't necessarily have to vote GF but still exercise your right to vote.

in which case I might as well stay home and not bother

Bristol News

7 mins · 

The Cable story explained the Bristol Port was not allowed to frack but that this did not prevent a third party company from doing so - the owners of the port have dozens of 'subsidiary companies' so it would take them five minutes to do so. In addition, Council Cabinet documents revealed City Council officers trying to establish an agreement on what % of profits/cash the council would get if fracking went ahead. Now why did they do this if fracking was banned?

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/…/story-29225337-d…/story.html…

3 hours ago, Bowie said:

in which case I might as well stay home and not bother

And this is why people who can't be bothered get on my wick. Emmeline Pankhurst was a martyr who chained herself to Westminster so people like myself can choose to vote. Even if every single candidate on the sheet was a complete pillock in my book, I'd still make my mark on the paper. I've had a say. Something very powerful even if most people think it makes no difference or it means nothing.

I will make a X on the paper. Whether it is for Marv, George or a bloody gert X through all the names. I won't and I refuse to waste my right.

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

And this is why people who can't be bothered get on my wick. Emmeline Pankhurst was a martyr who chained herself to Westminster so people like myself can choose to vote. Even if every single candidate on the sheet was a complete pillock in my book, I'd still make my mark on the paper. I've had a say. Something very powerful even if most people think it makes no difference or it means nothing.

I will make a X on the paper. Whether it is for Marv, George or a bloody gert X through all the names. I won't and I refuse to waste my right.

In Australia voting is compulsory and you are fined for not voting; possibly escalating to a criminal conviction. I think there's something admirable in that. Especially as the Electoral Commission keeps records of spoiled ballot papers, at least if people turned up and wrote 'colin' next to each candidate they'd be exercising a protest, failing to vote, even if in protest, is just implied as apathy.

7 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

His web of lies really has no end. He's out for himself and his Freemason mates. 

6 hours ago, RED4LIFE said:

I love our fair city but the one thing about it that I just cant bare is that absolute cock of a mayor. Cronyism, 20mph zones, AV and hypocrisy to name but a few of the things that make me rage. 

He seems to be in it only for himself and his business colleagues. The fact there are multiple road signs pointing out directions to the Tobacco Factory says everything to me. Is his home/business that important that it needs road signs or is he using tax payers money to line his own pockets? 

Unfortunately, as a Downend resident I come under the South Gloucs banner so can't vote and have to sit and suffer his ridiculous ideas. 

6 hours ago, Hillzider said:

It's difficult to think of a more smug or conceited man than George Ferguson.

Every time I hear him talk his standard reaction is a patronising laugh to anyone who has an apposing view to his.

incredible to think that the main plank of his term in office, RPZ'S wasn't even in his manifesto when standing for election last time. I wonder why ?

Think we're getting somewhere near the truth here guys...

8 hours ago, RED4LIFE said:

So basically (like many on this thread who don't actually live in Bristol) it is nothing to do with you then..

Archived