IGNORED

Interesting Attendance Stats

brad blit

2 minutes ago, cynic said:

Cardiff weren't playing well earlier in the season but their fair weather supporters came back as soon they started making a run for the playoffs - 16k between their highest and lowest attendance tells the story.

Didn't they give loads of free tickets away towards the end of the season, to boost attendances ?

6 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Didn't they give loads of free tickets away towards the end of the season, to boost attendances ?

Yes, thousands of them. Every renewing season tick holder got free tickets for friends for the Derby game and they were handing out free tickets in the city centre that week. And they have been massaging their crowds most of the season, giving out 2k freebies to schoolkids each game. We have averaged more paying supporters than them this season. 

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

We are top of the league on percentage full, 92% That's pretty good going considering the season we had....

And only 13 behind Crapduff's average (we would have been above them had they not given all those free tickets away).

Amazing really when you consider how differently their season has gone to ours.

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

We are top of the league on percentage full, 92% That's pretty good going considering the season we had....

But also due to only having 3 stands. Let's not over do it, we're not Rovers!

3 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

But also due to only having 3 stands. Let's not over do it, we're not Rovers!

I realise that but it still indicates that we sold the majority of what was available which is all you can do. I know our percentage will fall next year.

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

We are also in a very respectable position when you look at our lowest attendance

16,600 hasn't really been the capacity this season anyway. Will be nice to move in to the top half of this next season hopefully then we can finally start establish ourselves as a proven championship club.

MK's crowds will drop next season, I would think. Not as many away fans (although their away end might not be big enough for you-know-who should they you-know-what)in L1, generally. Forest taking about 5k there Saturday!

4 minutes ago, #roe said:

16,600 hasn't really been the capacity this season anyway. Will be nice to move in to the top half of this next season hopefully then we can finally start establish ourselves as a proven championship club.

15,700 seems to have been the capacity, after the first two or three home games when it was lower than this.

2 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Wow Hulls attendances have massively declined. Their lowest a 10k crowd.. shocking.

With an out of touch owner potentially destroying their club it's not all that surprising unfortunately.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

15,700 seems to have been the capacity, after the first two or three home games when it was lower than this.

True the away end was swapped around then, so probably had an affect on it

3 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Wow Hulls attendances have massively declined. Their lowest a 10k crowd.. shocking.

Not entirely surprising though, given their historic levels of support and being an economically deprived outpost. And as Roe says, disillusioned fans hacked off with idiot owner.

18 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

And we had the third lowest capacity this season, with only Brentford and Rotherham below us...

And the smallest away end too I would have thought (1400)? Not full every time either. So for average number of home supporters I reckon we're above Cardiff, Charlton and maybe QPR on that list. Will be very disappointing not to be higher next season (given better on the pitch)

34 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Wouldn't be so sure...don't see us averaging 18,000 next season to be fair..

I don't either.  Lets say the away teams bring average 1,500 next season.  We need to find 16,500 every other week.  Current STs in the 13,000 range.  Lets say that reaches 14,000.  Still require at least 2,500-3,000 walk ups.  Don't see it myself. 

11 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

yes I was wondering who are lowest attendance was against. I would suggest it was due to a lower away support

Preston was 14k something. 300 of them but we didn't sell all of ours that night either

47 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Apart from a couple years in the Premier League, they've done absolutely nothing. I'd even say we're bigger than Hull, even the gas would give them a run for their money!

Hull City are tinpot.

26 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

I don't either.  Lets say the away teams bring average 1,500 next season.  We need to find 16,500 every other week.  Current STs in the 13,000 range.  Lets say that reaches 14,000.  Still require at least 2,500-3,000 walk ups.  Don't see it myself. 

You're missing out the 1,200 corporate seats already sold. Add that to 14k season tickets, plus let's say 1,500 walk-up (which has been the average this season) and that's already over 16,500 in the home ends...

Archived