IGNORED

Kodjia for Tomlin.....

FNQ

Hypothetically what do you think LJ would do.... Eddie Howe agrees to let us have Tomlin, but in return wants Kodjia.... Would we swap? and to make it more interesting if we did trade, should it be LT + a million for JK or JK plus a million for LT?

While we're at it... Villa agree to let us keep Baker but in return want Flint... Probably a bit easier to walk away from this one..

What do you think?

Couldn't answer the first question, but the second one I can.

Personally, and I know I'd be in the minority, I would keep Flint. Reasons being his goals, Baker having to be subbed at halftime on multiple occasions because of his rash tackles, and wages.

2 minutes ago, City169 said:

Personally, and I know I'd be in the minority, I would keep Flint. Reasons being his goals, Baker having to be subbed at halftime on multiple occasions because of his rash tackles, and wages.

I think you'd be in the majority, not the minority

5 hours ago, City169 said:

subbed at half time because of his wages?...:innocent06:

If it is Tomlin and 5-6m then I'd consider. Tomlin was 3.5m last year as a hotter commodity. This season you could imagine he's lost 1.5m in value. So say 2m for him. So you'd be getting essentially 7-8m for Kodjia. Only tricky part is Angers profit clause. Do they get any part of Tomlin value? 

In the end I still don't think I'd do it. As good as Tomlin is, Kodjia is the one with the value and to replace him would cost so much that he'd be a bit more irreplaceable. 

7 hours ago, FNQ said:

Hypothetically what do you think LJ would do.... Eddie Howe agrees to let us have Tomlin, but in return wants Kodjia.... Would we swap? and to make it more interesting if we did trade, should it be LT + a million for JK or JK plus a million for LT?

While we're at it... Villa agree to let us keep Baker but in return want Flint... Probably a bit easier to walk away from this one..

What do you think?

NO. 

Kodjia and Tomlin are a double act that help each other's game. I think, from the past few months, possibly Kodjia could withstand losing Tomlin with the benefit of Reid's vision better than Tomlin would without Kodjia. 

7 hours ago, City169 said:

I had rash tackle once. Doctor said it clears itself up after a few days.

8 hours ago, FNQ said:

What do you think?

you're not having him…:protest::no:

8 hours ago, FNQ said:

What do you think?

We should be keeping Kodjia and signing Tomlin or that should be the aim. If we want to start competing at a higher level we have to start signing players of a better quality. Time will tell but I fear the "value for money" mantra that SL and the Board kept on about might still scupper our performance in the transfer market. And I don't mean spend like Man City I mean if you have identified a quality player then don't offer peanuts to sign him. Support the Manager and sign him.

52 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

Had a dream last night Flint joined Swansea. I apologise in advance if this comes true.

I had a dream last night that I met my best friend from primary school (not seen him in ******* years) and he had a chimpanzee who played the drums

I'd rather my dream came true, that sounds pretty cool

17 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I had a dream last night that I met my best friend from primary school (not seen him in ******* years) and he had a chimpanzee who played the drums

I'd rather my dream came true, that sounds pretty cool

I have dreams like this when I take LSD as well :banana:

9 hours ago, FNQ said:

What do you think?

No thank you. Let's have at least another season before we cash in on Jimmy.

9 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

Like asking me which one of my kids I love the most!!!

Just out of interest, which one of your kids do you love the most?

The slightly chubby one who is a bit cheeky?  Or the serious one who is likely to go on to become a doctor?

And how does the wife explain that they both look completely different? :) 

1 minute ago, Chivs said:

Just out of interest, which one of your kids do you love the most?

The slightly chubby one who is a bit cheeky?  Or the serious one who is likely to go on to become a doctor?

And how does the wife explain that they both look completely different? :) 

A bit hard nosed but the one that can generate the most income going forward.  (I think they all have the right DNA!  :blink:)  

Archived