IGNORED

Kodjia was a Pardew recommendation?

cheshire_red

22 minutes ago, cheshire_red said:

Seems a strange thing to mention in brief conversation when he found out I supported City. Considering our lack of Scouts at the time and no scouting arrangements on the Continent it appears rather plausible.

Burt and his team of scouts were regularly scouting French football actually. As I understand it Kodjia came through Burt so we should be thanking him. SC wasn't all that keen.

38 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Burt and his team of scouts were regularly scouting French football actually. As I understand it Kodjia came through Burt so we should be thanking him. SC wasn't all that keen.

I seem to remember that SC was very much in favour of "11 Englishmen" but even he must have been able to see the talent that Jimi has.

Bottom line - Codger is our player and it doesn't really matter how that came about. If it was Burts scouting network then well done KB. If it was a Pardew reccomendation then thanks AP.

Codger has bagged 20 goals in his first season and done it in a struggling side. That feat won't have gone unnoticed by other clubs and the real issue this summer will be can City hang onto him? :dunno:

Lets hope so.......

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Wow, wasn't that keen? Wonder why? Good job we won him round then, great player and in my opinion his ceiling is very high and his potential is frightening. I feel he's improved under LJ.

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Bottom line - Codger is our player and it doesn't really matter how that came about. If it was Burts scouting network then well done KB. If it was a Pardew reccomendation then thanks AP.

Codger has bagged 20 goals in his first season and done it in a struggling side. That feat won't have gone unnoticed by other clubs and the real issue this summer will be can City hang onto him? :dunno:

Lets hope so.......

Mods, any chance of an automatic autocorrect for Robbored? He doesn't seem to be able to spell correctly.. Codger, Wilbrahams/Abrahams to be corrected to their actual spelling as he doesn't seem able to manage it for some reason.. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Mods, any chance of an automatic autocorrect for Robbored? He doesn't seem to be able to spell correctly.. Codger, Wilbrahams/Abrahams

Phil, we've had this discussion before but I explain it again.

Everyone around me in the Dolman calls Kodjia "Codger" probably because they're  Bristolians and have a distinct accent. 

If ever his name comes up in conversation it's always "Codger" and it's a good job that you're not overhearing because you'd obviously have no idea who they're talking about. 

Crystal Palace in trying to take credit for someone else's choices/history shocker.

• Shirts from Barcelona
  • Nickname and logo from Benfica

The first plastic club and all thanks to someone who went on to manage the Gas.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Everyone around me in the Dolman calls Kodjia "Codger" probably because they're  Bristolians and have a distinct accent. 

If ever his name comes up in conversation it's always "Codger" and it's a good job that you're not overhearing because you'd obviously have no idea who they're talking about. 

I get the ideal but enuff already.... Bristolian phonetics but it's not right :)

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Unless Cotterill told you that himself that can only be treated as hearsay Kid, for all we know something you heard you from someone who disliked SC and didn't want to give him credit for anything.

SC must have seen the potential for JK to succeed in his team in the Championship, after all he would have had the final say on signing him.

36 minutes ago, Olé said:

Crystal Palace in trying to take credit for someone else's choices/history shocker.

• Shirts from Barcelona
  • Nickname and logo from Benfica

The first plastic club and all thanks to someone who went on to manage the Gas.

Why on earth are Palace a 'plastic' club??!!!

And I wouldn't believe all you read on Wiki re kits and nicknames etc....

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I don't think it was because of his skill that cotts wasn't keen, it was prob more to do with moving to another country and speaking little english that would of put him off, which is understandable

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Just because that's how you perceive some people to pronounce it doesn't mean it should be spelt like that, repeatedly. To me it seems juvenile and stupid.

Why Abraham/Wilbrahams then? They're both just incorrect.

12 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Just because that's how you perceive some people to pronounce it doesn't mean it should be spelt like that, repeatedly. To me it seems juvenile and stupid.

Why Abraham/Wilbrahams then? They're both just incorrect.

Guess what? Phil, I don't care that it's spelt incorrectly. So.....either ignore my posts or put up with it.

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Guess what? Phil, I don't care that it's spelt incorrectly. So.....either ignore my posts or put up with it.

With my Evil Twin, here. It's a nickname based on an unfamiliar foreign name. I expect the rare Englishman who plays abroad might have similar. Dariusz Dzieckanowski's name wasn't Jaki, so what's the problem?

If we're talking perfect pronounciation, the club and supporters regularly get it wrong. It should be Jon-atan Kod-eea.

End of the day, Jimmy is easier. ;)

28 minutes ago, Robbored said:

RR at your finest here :yes::clap:

In the same sentence in which you state your lack of care over spelling you take the time to put the apostrophe in "it's".

If that was the benefit of auto-correct please, don't tell!

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

RR at your finest here :yes::clap:

In the same sentence in which you state your lack of care over spelling you take the time to put the apostrophe in "it's".

If that was the benefit of auto-correct please, don't tell!

To me, grammar is important and (strangely) so is spelling but when it comes to names especially foreign names I like to spell them phonetically as with Codger. 

Now, that spelling pisses off Phil but hey ho  :dunno:

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

To me, grammar is important and (strangely) so is spelling but when it comes to names especially foreign names I like to spell them phonetically as with Codger. 

Now, that spelling pisses off Phil but hey ho  :dunno:

You still haven't answered about Wilbrahams/Abraham - you don't even have the excuse that it's a foreign name! What's that about?

Archived