IGNORED

Bristol City Artwork.

spudski

11 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm still struggling with the Benny Lennartsson years. It's like I've wiped them from my memory, or got the alcohol to do it for me. When talking about that time all I can think of is leaving the ground after Bradford humped us and that was before Wolves did similar the next game !!  

@spudski I'd love to see your take on a post Freight Rover Terry Cooper, I love that interview no false tears there.

I was at both games...both a nightmare result wise...but for some reason we still had a fight in us.

I think most fans came to realise that JW had left us in a mess, and got behind Benny and the team, as they knew it wasn't their fault and they were trying their hardest.

Always remember the passion and joy benny showed when things did go right.

As for creating Terry Coopers tears of joy in 00 scale...that could be a step too far...but who knows...I'll have to think about that one mate :-)

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 05:33, Olé said:

@spudski if you can do the Anfield team and a) nail the lime green and b) chop and glue Junior to make him obviously shorter I will buy one (seriously)

Well I've just finished the Anfiled team for you Ole...just the Double Winners to do now for you.

Have met some really nice forum members since doing this...lovely people, great to put faces to names...and everyone is completely different to how you imagine them :-)

Had a lovely idea to tie in some season tickets with the Double Winners Artwork...will look great hanging together...and bring back fond memories.

Thanks again for the commissions, have enjoyed doing them and will continue to do so...always a bonus meeting fellow City fans too :-)

tin.jpg

tin1.jpg

tin2.jpg

tin3.jpg

tin4.jpg

The Legend...Johann Cruyff...just had to be done. Remember practicing this 'move' in the playground as a kid, and eventually pulling it off in a school game against Bromley Heath...put their LB on his backside and lobbed the keeper...can remember it like it was yesterday...a wonderful feeling...one of those 'moments' in life ;-)

Can you think of any iconic 'moves' that are ingrained on your mind, that were done by City players?

Tinnion's goal at Anfield, Nobles against Palace as examples...

13413496_10153764692103175_8003132125964870732_n.jpg

13445330_10153764692573175_1839514189133697445_n.jpg

• Admin
2 hours ago, spudski said:

Can you think of any iconic 'moves' that are ingrained on your mind, that were done by City players?

How about Tinnions volley from the flicked up free kick against Cambridge

Bob Taylor overhead kick against Birmingham

Ray Cashley scoring

Tony Thorpe headed goal against Rovers

Testimatanu away at Chesterfield 

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 14:58, handsofclay1909 said:

They're very impressive, Spudski and I am tempted to go for one of the 1976 ones. Not only because of City getting to the top flight that year but because I actually played a fair bit of subutteo at that time. I fear they will be expensive because of the work involved, but that isn't a criticism it is actually a compliment to how good, and unique, it is.

Apologies for putting this back up again, but I didn't take any contact details and you can't attach pics to pm's.

Give me a pm fella.

Probably my favourite ever City kit as well ;-)

How good were we that day :-)

DSC06178.jpg

DSC06180.jpg

On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 09:56, spudski said:

The Legend...Johann Cruyff...just had to be done. Remember practicing this 'move' in the playground as a kid, and eventually pulling it off in a school game against Bromley Heath...put their LB on his backside and lobbed the keeper...can remember it like it was yesterday...a wonderful feeling...one of those 'moments' in life ;-)

13413496_10153764692103175_8003132125964870732_n.jpg

13445330_10153764692573175_1839514189133697445_n.jpg

Walsh step over!

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

@Bristol Rob That could be one for the future mate...good idea.

Commission's for full teams in box's like the one above have taken over my life atm though :-)

Be amazed if you managed to reproduce it.

It was only ever of those moves that looked straight forward yet got 'em everytime!

How did he do it? What, exactly, did he do? It's up there with the great mysteries in life!

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Be amazed if you managed to reproduce it.

It was only ever of those moves that looked straight forward yet got 'em everytime!

How did he do it? What, exactly, did he do? It's up there with the great mysteries in life!

You'd have to do a series of them I think mate...maybe three...showing the action and the defender going the wrong way...

Similar to these illustrations...

4_matthews.png

dribbling-1.jpg

Archived