IGNORED

Bristol City Artwork.

spudski

19 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

That is amazing, thank you!

#6 - not a name that rings a bell, anyone remember him?

Gary Hamson , I remembered the name but I had to Google him. Only played 12 games for us , scoring once. Found this piece on him, yes @handsofclay he came from Leeds.  http://alchetron.com/Gary-Hamson-596532-W

33 minutes ago, spudski said:

He's the only one in that team I can't remember either.

It's a funny one. The name rang a bell , then I was surprised he only played a few games and didn't really recognise his photo. Free transfer in, and £5,000 when he went. The way the club was that was probably a lot of money :P

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

It's a funny one. The name rang a bell , then I was surprised he only played a few games and didn't really recognise his photo. Free transfer in, and £5,000 when he went. The way the club was that was probably a lot of money :P

Funny how you forget players...I couldn't remember David Harle when painting up the 86 Freight Rover Team...real head scratching moment haha

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Funny how you forget players...I couldn't remember David Harle when painting up the 86 Freight Rover Team...real head scratching moment haha

I know what you mean, the number of conversations on here when I've thought WHO? 

I was a fan of Harle, bit of bite and could play a bit.

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I know what you mean, the number of conversations on here when I've thought WHO? 

I was a fan of Harle, bit of bite and could play a bit.

I really can't remember him mate haha...and I was there and at games that season.

After doing some research...I really want to paint up the 'Benny Lennartson' side that got relegated. One of my favourite seasons, even though we got relegated...and some cracking players in that team too.

Remember these...? Heaney...Howells? I remember all the others though...

- England GK Keith Welch
- England DF Adam Locke
- England DF Louis Carey
- England DF Michael Bell
- Canada DF Jim Brennan
- England MF Brian Tinnion
- Scotland MF Scott Murray
- Nigeria FW Ade Akinbiyi
- Barbados FW Gregory Goodridge
- Northern Ireland MF Tommy Doherty
- Denmark FW Søren Andersen
- Sweden DF Mark Shail (captain)
- England GK Steve Phillips
- Wales DF Robert Edwards
- England FW Steve Torpey
- England MF Carl Hutchings
- England DF Julian Watts
- England DF Aaron Brown
- Hungary DF Vilmos Sebők

No.   Position Player
- England FW Tony Thorpe
- England MF Matthew Hewlett
- Moldova DF Ion Testemitanu
- England MF David Howells (on loan from Southampton)
- England DF Shaun Taylor
- Scotland FW Colin Cramb
- England DF Sean Dyche
- Wales DF Christian Edwards (on loan from Nottingham Forest)
- England MF Neil Heaney (on loan from Manchester City)
- Denmark GK Bo Andersen
- Netherlands DF Clemens Zwijnenberg
- England DF Kevin Langan
- Italy FW Lorenzo Pinamonte
- Scotland DF Andy Jordan
- England DF Matt Hill
- England FW Alex Meechan
- England MF Joe Burnell
- England GK Stuart Naylor

What a season :facepalm::facepalm:  What was it, Bradford away then Wolves at home conceding 11 goals . I was at Bradford not something I'd like to repeat, I think if you look up capitulation in the OED , there is a picture of the team from that day !

Oh, and who is Clemens Zwijnenberg :clapping:

10 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

What a season :facepalm::facepalm:  What was it, Bradford away then Wolves at home conceding 11 goals . I was at Bradford not something I'd like to repeat, I think if you look up capitulation in the OED , there is a picture of the team from that day !

Oh, and who is Clemens Zwijnenberg :clapping:

I know...but I loved that team,,,and Benny...we had a real spirit that season. Shame it went pear shaped.

My fav game was away at WBA...so many incidents, on and off the pitch. Car broke down...dropped my pork and apple roll, that was a major incident...walked into a bunch of their heavies...two broken legs....ridiculous amount of stoppage time...pure theatre.

5 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Good stuff. Glad your still off the fags. I'm still awaiting biopsy results any day now. And I've decided to go the whole hog and get the GP to give my Zyban or Champix. Seems the best way for me.

Will dig out the book and let you know if I find owt. And I hope the programme helps too.

Hi Septic, apologies to crash your conversation and good luck with everything.  Speaking as one with experience of zyban (and other pharmaceuticals *cough* in the dim distant past). If the Zyban is the same stuff as ten years ago just keep an eye on your moods, it effects people in different ways and if the active ingredient is not 'your thing' chemistry wise you may feel down, if it's for you then happy days!

Good luck!

These Double Winners Sets are proving very popular...got another done this afternoon for a forum member...Sir Steve proudly holding the Champions Cup, SC looking very smug and relaxed, and JET's still got cold hands in that boxed frame, so gave him some gloves ;-) Hopefully a happy recipient :-)

BCFC201415.jpg

On 19/05/2016 at 22:23, RumRed said:

Hi Septic, apologies to crash your conversation and good luck with everything.  Speaking as one with experience of zyban (and other pharmaceuticals *cough* in the dim distant past). If the Zyban is the same stuff as ten years ago just keep an eye on your moods, it effects people in different ways and if the active ingredient is not 'your thing' chemistry wise you may feel down, if it's for you then happy days!

Good luck!

Hi @RumRed. I've heard it can make you feel a bit poo but I'm not bothered really. I'm a glass half full kinda gal so as long as I'm off the fags, I can deal with being a grump. Thanks for the advice tho. I appreciate it.

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 17:04, 1960maaan said:

@Woodsy , I've got the complete record from 1894-1987 which says ....

11th October 1986, York 3-0 , Walsh 2, Neville.  att: 7,951

1) Waugh

2) Llewellyn

3) Brian Williams

4) Curle

5) Newman

6) Hamson

7) Owen

8) Hutchinson  

9) Harle

10) Walsh

11) Neville

sub ) Marshall .... * subbed.

Hope that helps.

Right - the programme has just landed on my desk.....we have a difference of opinion here!

6 - Glyn Riley (legend)

The changes to the York team, score, scorers and crowd have all been added, but nothing about Riley / Hamson switching

How do we know for sure? @1960maaan - I'm more inclined to go with your book if I'm honest.....but I'd be gutted if the great man played and wasn't immortalised in Spudutteo (I claim any trademarks made against this name @spudski!) for eternity

@Woodsy I will double check tomorrow and see if I have any other books to back either the book or program up. I may have the clip of the game somewhere but that will take a little longer to find. 

ll will get on the case tomorrow 

9 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

@Woodsy I will double check tomorrow and see if I have any other books to back either the book or program up. I may have the clip of the game somewhere but that will take a little longer to find. 

ll will get on the case tomorrow 

Thank you!

@Woodsy  the search continues .....

Right, I have nothing else to go by but in the book it might give a clue.  Two games before the York game Riley was subbed, he doesn't appear in the 12 for two games and then is sub for two. The programs are printed a few days early and I can only guess it was a late change . I can't find video evidence yet but will keep looking.

27 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

@Woodsy  the search continues .....

Right, I have nothing else to go by but in the book it might give a clue.  Two games before the York game Riley was subbed, he doesn't appear in the 12 for two games and then is sub for two. The programs are printed a few days early and I can only guess it was a late change . I can't find video evidence yet but will keep looking.

Thank you mate - I'm pretty sure Hamson was the man, I'd believe a book that has gone to press more than the person who scribbled on the programme. Just a shame GRs beautiful mullet won't be replicated in my artwork!

Thanks again for your help, appreciated!

Apologies for adding another pic...it seems you can't add pics to pm's without a URL...for a forum member.

On to the next one... Purple and Lime team that beat Liverpool, even with a pint size Junior Bent :-) All good stuff :-)

bcfcmartin.jpg

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Apologies for adding another pic...it seems you can't add pics to pm's without a URL...for a forum member.

On to the next one... Purple and Lime team that beat Liverpool, even with a pint size Junior Bent :-) All good stuff :-)

bcfcmartin.jpg

Can't believe anyone would order that unless they got a floral carriage clock introductory gift.....

P.s Thanks Spud- my boys are gonna love it!

On 19/05/2016 at 22:03, spudski said:

I know...but I loved that team,,,and Benny...we had a real spirit that season. Shame it went pear shaped.

My fav game was away at WBA...so many incidents, on and off the pitch. Car broke down...dropped my pork and apple roll, that was a major incident...walked into a bunch of their heavies...two broken legs....ridiculous amount of stoppage time...pure theatre.

My favourite season supporting City as well!

Was it Norwich away where we finally went down? Can't remember the opponents exactly, but the atmosphere and support given to the team that day was amazing considering the position we were in.

I also remember arriving at Grimsby for an evening game, and being asked by a young City fan (14 years old maybe, on a good day) if he could get a lift home as he had bunked off school, got the train up and just discovered there were no trains back to Bristol! Unfortunately there were two of us and we were in a two seater car so couldn't help.

2 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

Mark Shall was Swedish? :huh:

Apparently so... 

IMG_20160525_125648.jpg

I'm more shocked that he's 50 this year.....jeez

@spudski - I've just sent a PM on here to someone who I'm sure can sort out the Riley / Hamson conundrum for sure, if you want to give me details for money then I think I need to get my commission in before you become too busy!

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

I'm more shocked that he's 50 this year.....jeez

@spudski - I've just sent a PM on here to someone who I'm sure can sort out the Riley / Hamson conundrum for sure, if you want to give me details for money then I think I need to get my commission in before you become too busy!

Busy is not the word mate...doing as many as I can fit in, during any spare time...don't want to let anyone down.

As for Riley...I wouldn't discount the idea that Riley played from the programme.

Books often take information from the internet etc. It can be wrong.

Someone who was at the game, and made the alteration in the programme that day, could be more accurate, if you get my drift.

Have been at it again...a Commission for the Team that beat Liverpool at Anfield in 1994.

I've had a go at Recreating Brian Tinnion scoring the winner...didn't come out too bad...I'm really happy with it.

Even Junior is shorter than the rest...And Big Wayne 'Chief' Allison looks stunning in the flesh...even gave him some extra long tongues on his boots ;-)

All good fun...to be mounted and framed for a forum member :-)

What a night...Tinman in a Legend.

tin.jpg

tin1.jpg

tin2.jpg

tin3.jpg

tin4.jpg

tin5.jpg

tin6.jpg

tin7.jpg

tin9.jpg

Archived