IGNORED

Peaky Blinders

Robbored

Started on BBC2 last night.

The first two series were jaw droppingly brilliant as anyone that's seen them would know. Last nights was a tad slow compared to previous episodes but is obviously going to quicken up in upcoming episodes. 

Brummie gangsters set in post WW1. 

The short back and sides was the fashion of the day ( how fashions return ) along with the baggy cap where thier name originated from.

Great show if you haven't seen it yet.

• Admin

Was talking to someone on the train home last night and they were telling me it was a must see - started to watch last night but admit I couldn't get into it.

As so many people seem to be in agreement, perhaps I should start from episode 1

34 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Started on BBC2 last night.

The first two series were jaw droppingly brilliant as anyone that's seen them would know. Last nights was a tad slow compared to previous episodes but is obviously going to quicken up in upcoming episodes. 

Brummie gangsters set in post WW1. 

The short back and sides was the fashion of the day ( how fashions return ) along with the baggy cap where thier name originated from.

Great show if you haven't seen it yet.

I second your opinion on the first 2 series. Yet to see the new one

39 minutes ago, phantom said:

Was talking to someone on the train home last night and they were telling me it was a must see - started to watch last night but admit I couldn't get into it.

As so many people seem to be in agreement, perhaps I should start from episode 1

If you can get the first two series you'll be in agreement. They might be on Iplayer. 

Last nights would have be difficult to get into if you missed the previous series. it was a follow on storyline. Watch next weeks episode to give it another chance.

Imo the Peaky Blinders is one of the best BBC productions of them all. It's on a par with the other brilliant BBC production The Night Manager based on John Le Carre book.

Say what you like about the BBC but they certainly know how to make top TV programmes.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

If you can get the first two series you'll be in agreement. They might be on Iplayer. 

Last nights would have be difficult to get into if you missed the previous series. it was a follow on storyline. Watch next weeks episode to give it another chance.

Imo the Peaky Blinders is one of the best BBC productions of them all. It's on a par with the other brilliant BBC production The Night Manager based on John Le Carre book.

Say what you like about the BBC but they certainly know how to make top TV programmes.

They also know how to make utter dogshit too.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Season 1 is on Netflix and season 2 might be as well now when been flicking through to find something to watch.

I live not too far from the black country museum where they filmed quite a bit of the show. They don't half plug it but then again, I'd do exactly the same.the gift shop has peaky blinders beer which by all accounts is very nice.

I love the show.

The wife has a thing for Mr Murphy and Mr Hardy. I don't see what the fascinating is. 

Right, I need to catch up on this, Mrs Woodsy loved it then slowly began to not enjoy it, so I stopped watching at some point

Series 3 on bbc is the new series, is that right? If so I stopped a few into series 2 - think they'd had a massive battle with another 'firm' in a club.....does that ring a bell with anyone as being series 2??

Great show

35 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Right, I need to catch up on this, Mrs Woodsy loved it then slowly began to not enjoy it, so I stopped watching at some point

Series 3 on bbc is the new series, is that right? If so I stopped a few into series 2 - think they'd had a massive battle with another 'firm' in a club.....does that ring a bell with anyone as being series 2??

Great show

Yep, an Italian based group.

For once I agree with @Robbored - brilliant show and well worth starting from the beginning with @phantom. Great music in there too - everything from 20s stuff to Royal Blood and Arctic Monkeys.

23 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yep, an Italian based group.

For once I agree with @Robbored - brilliant show and well worth starting from the beginning with @phantom. Great music in there too - everything from 20s stuff to Royal Blood and Arctic Monkeys.

Yeah, that sounds about right. Think I'll start from the beginning of s2 then. Cheers Foggy

The producer of the series gave an interview on the radio. They took facts and made a TV series out of it.

The real Peaky Blinders gang operated in the 1890s, not the 1920s.

The real Peaky Blinders would have had nothing to do with the Garrison Lane gang. (The Garrison pub is the main pub for the PBs).

The real Peaky Blinders were far more violent than their TV counterparts. In fact, TV is not allowed to portray the violence of te real PBs.

For anyone that couldn't get into it, try again. I did the same with Breaking bad and this. Me and the good lady watched the first episode, not impressed and she thought PB was too violent. I tried again on my own and loved them. I'm ignoring the current series until I get them all in one go and if I need to, binge watch.

One question for you fans, what do you think of the music? I'm a big Nick Cave fan, but saw some forum comments saying the modern music shouldn't be on there. Now I think the music fits well and adds atmosphere, what do you guys think?

40 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

For anyone that couldn't get into it, try again. I did the same with Breaking bad and this. Me and the good lady watched the first episode, not impressed and she thought PB was too violent. I tried again on my own and loved them. I'm ignoring the current series until I get them all in one go and if I need to, binge watch.

One question for you fans, what do you think of the music? I'm a big Nick Cave fan, but saw some forum comments saying the modern music shouldn't be on there. Now I think the music fits well and adds atmosphere, what do you guys think?

I watched the first few episodes and a while ago and couldn't get into it too , but now I love it. The new season has been good so far and the music has been very fitting and sounds older style , if that makes sense.

In last week's episode the family were asked if they want to end the war between themselves as they have bigger enemies outside of the family. Most decided "peace", but one woman decided not peace, but simply "truce".

How many real life families would you hear that in? Quite a few i reckon.

On 28/11/2017 at 11:53, tommytank1985 said:

Surprised no chat about this? A superb couple of episodes this series. This has some of the best dialog ever written and the acting is top notch! Undoubtably will go down as masterpiece. Pure class this show, up there with GOT for me. 

PB the absolute best . Brilliantly written , music totally appropriate and loads of good stuff about corruption in government and the secret service , backdrop of Russian Revolution and ghost working class war heroes fighting to make a living having been led to slaughter by upper class “ playing fields of Eton” generals . Tommy Shelby potential hero for the less well off . Have watched all 4 series many times . Nothing better . 

4 minutes ago, Redstreet said:

PB the absolute best . Brilliantly written , music totally appropriate and loads of good stuff about corruption in government and the secret service , backdrop of Russian Revolution and ghost working class war heroes fighting to make a living having been led to slaughter by upper class “ playing fields of Eton” generals . Tommy Shelby potential hero for the less well off . Have watched all 4 series many times . Nothing better . 

Indeed - another brilliant drama from the BBC. Peaky Blinders and Game of Thrones both don't miss tv.

Indeed - another brilliant drama from the BBC. Peaky Blinders and Game of Thrones both don't miss tv.

I believe a 5 th series is being made next year . For me , the best encounter was T Shelby and Alfie Solomons towards the end of series (3) . Tom Hardy absolutely brilliant . IMHO acting does not get better than that.

have you seen the 4 series of Line of Duty . That came a close second for me . The BBC really has nailed drama . 

Archived