IGNORED

Tammy Abraham (Confirmed Loan Signing)

Bs4Red

1 hour ago, Griffin said:

Any updates? On TA, not the past 50 posts..

If this happens I think we may have to wait until August. I understand he's on Chelsea tour at the moment. I guess they want him there as they are waiting for their internationals to come back from the Euro's. I also guess Chelsea want him around their first team as they see him as one for the future and unless JK gets injured between now and the start of the season I don't think there is too much urgency in getting this completed. We just need to wait for him to come back. I know a  lot of thinking and guessing in my comments and these are my just my thoughts as I'm not ITK :yawn:

Like I said in another topic, I was ecstatic with this link earlier in the summer but seeing the calibre player being brought in on loan from European clubs, I'd be a little underwhelmed. Only for the fact he is unproven at any level of men's football. I'm sure he's got loads of talent and has an amazing scoring record in development football but will he make the step? It's a gamble for what would be our second striker. 

Personally I am excited by this possibility.

Yes he is unproven in men's football but so was every other player before they weren't - and one or two turned out quite well quite quickly !!

Chelsea took him on tour following decent involvement for England under 19s. Chelsea believe he could be a first team player for them - that would mean a few million pound striker in the making, maybe a full cap England striker in the future and Chelsea appear, albeit from rumour, to have faith to place his raw talents in our control.

Let's try a glass half full approach - he is good and pops in a few for us, Chelsea see this development in his time here and say thanks very much. We have the next Tammy coming through but he needs "man games" - any chance you could take him and teach him. Also we got a couple more coming through etc etc

This could be a great opportunity for all - could lead nowhere and we lose nothing or it could lead somewhere and everybody gains - just a thought !!

2 hours ago, Lew-T said:

This is a big, big gamble as like many have said, he's unproven at any men's level. I have a feeling LJ will bring in another experienced striker though behind him though!

Not for me, he'll do. January perhaps could be the time to add, and if FC is available and a deal could be done now of course that'd be great.

However I really find with the likelihood we will have one up top with Agard, Wilbraham, this lad and perhaps LT pressed higher in reserve is totally acceptable in light of the business we have done and the stature of the club we have.

Indeed if we have a good first half of the season we might be able to attract an even greater calibre. I don't think we need to 'fire' our gun just yet. 

We can't really need, nor expect, more than 3 reserves for one role can we? In my shoes if we had Burns still I wouldn't think we would need any further additions. 

9 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

By 'some' you mean ours and by 'others' you mean every other club in history? :) 

I am consistently amazed at how well some of our posters know how long transfer processes at other club's take. I assume they follow every transfer from initial rumour to fruition. I don't even have the time or patience to do that with ours, so I would struggle to make a comparison.

21 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I am consistently amazed at how well some of our posters know how long transfer processes at other club's take. I assume they follow every transfer from initial rumour to fruition. I don't even have the time or patience to do that with ours, so I would struggle to make a comparison.

It was just a little light relief, chill! :) 

I like to think I'm amongst the more patient and understanding of us!

9 hours ago, Neo said:

Personally I am excited by this possibility.

Yes he is unproven in men's football but so was every other player before they weren't - and one or two turned out quite well quite quickly !!

Chelsea took him on tour following decent involvement for England under 19s. Chelsea believe he could be a first team player for them - that would mean a few million pound striker in the making, maybe a full cap England striker in the future and Chelsea appear, albeit from rumour, to have faith to place his raw talents in our control.

Let's try a glass half full approach - he is good and pops in a few for us, Chelsea see this development in his time here and say thanks very much. We have the next Tammy coming through but he needs "man games" - any chance you could take him and teach him. Also we got a couple more coming through etc etc

This could be a great opportunity for all - could lead nowhere and we lose nothing or it could lead somewhere and everybody gains - just a thought !!

I agree with you about being excited if this happens, however it is naive to think we lose nothing if he doesn't do well for us. There is sure to be a hefty loan fee plus we will be paying some/all of his wages.

Archived