IGNORED

Tammy Abraham (Confirmed Loan Signing)

Bs4Red

On 7/24/2016 at 17:09, EmersonsRed said:

Hi Dave, thanks for your sarcastic response. Let me address that for you, I did not say he was terrible. I said he wasn't great, as somebody who can say they've watched Tammy Abraham at least 15 times I can tell you he would not improve us, we are playing in arguably the toughest league to get out of in world football. We should only be looking at players who will improve us. If he was signing permanently, I'd be all for it. This season he wouldn't compete in this league, touch not good enough etc - also have a look into his goals. 11 in 24 last season at U21 level and I believe 3/4 were penalties. 

One for the future, not for now.

Thankfully you're not a scout. 

By my reckoning, Mr Abraham's 23 League goals have earned us 14 points thus far; assuming the other strikers could not make up the shortfall, we would be have been consigned to the drop a week or so after Rotherham!

How will we fare without him next season? Place your bets now...

2 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

By my reckoning, Mr Abraham's 23 League goals have earned us 14 points thus far; assuming the other strikers could not make up the shortfall, we would be have been consigned to the drop a week or so after Rotherham!

How will we fare without him next season? Place your bets now...

No - somebody else would have scored those goals - according to some on here

Theres a couple who think we will just pluck another 25 goal striker from the shelves !!!?? 

Easy 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No - somebody else would have scored those goals - according to some on here

Theres a couple who think we will just pluck another 25 goal striker from the shelves !!!?? 

Easy 

There's no chance we'll replace Tammy with just one striker. What we need is a midfielder that can add 10 goals over a season, and then a striker that is capable of 15.

That makes it sound much easier and cheaper

On 09/06/2016 at 22:31, exAtyeoMax said:

Link doesn't work, must be bollocks then :shifty:

On 10/06/2016 at 09:25, ciderbeans said:

Bollocks to Abraham. What about shawn mccoulsky? Shouldn't he be given a chance if we're going to give youth a go? 

55 goals or so combined. Plenty of potential between the two of them. 

Heard during TV commentary (in Aus) last night (WH vs Everton) that Tammy is being considered as part of the Lukaku to Chelsea deal. Sorry if this has been mentioned in another thread somewhere.

On July 24, 2016 at 11:09, EmersonsRed said:

Hi Dave, thanks for your sarcastic response. Let me address that for you, I did not say he was terrible. I said he wasn't great, as somebody who can say they've watched Tammy Abraham at least 15 times I can tell you he would not improve us, we are playing in arguably the toughest league to get out of in world football. We should only be looking at players who will improve us. If he was signing permanently, I'd be all for it. This season he wouldn't compete in this league, touch not good enough etc - also have a look into his goals. 11 in 24 last season at U21 level and I believe 3/4 were penalties. 

One for the future, not for now.

OH Dear!

:thumbsup:

48 minutes ago, ozpaul said:

Heard during TV commentary (in Aus) last night (WH vs Everton) that Tammy is being considered as part of the Lukaku to Chelsea deal. Sorry if this has been mentioned in another thread somewhere.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/23/chelsea-could-use-tammy-abraham-in-exchange-deal-with-everton-for-romelu-lukaku-6591698/

Although Lukaku is playing it down and if you believe the press Everton would prefer Lukaku going to Man U:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/20/romelu-lukaku-posts-cryptic-twitter-update-amid-latest-chelsea-rumours-6585642/

57 minutes ago, jambodinho said:

The blokes clueless. He'd rather we'd given Wes Burns the chance instead. 

That's a bit harsh. I don't think anybody could have predicted how this season would go or how reliant we would be on Tammy goals. Remember that at the time he said it we still had Kodjia. I only highlighted the comment because it looks a bit daft in hindsight.

9 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

That's a bit harsh. I don't think anybody could have predicted how this season would go or how reliant we would be on Tammy goals. Remember that at the time he said it we still had Kodjia. I only highlighted the comment because it looks a bit daft in hindsight.

Absolutely. Nobody could have predicted how Tammy would do. But Major decided to have a go and write him off and state that didn't need him. 

34 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Ha! I said on RB that we should offer £3million, plus all the Clarke's Pies he can eat. :cool:

One tiny little edit and it's what we offered for Lee Tomlin last year. 

Magic 

Archived