IGNORED

New Contracts For Academy Lads (Merged)

Super

Zak Vyner & Max O'Leary have today penned new two year deals with City. Ashley Harper, Joe Morrell & Connor Lemonheigh-Evans all extend by a year.

Good news for the youth players that LJ see's them having a future at the club, for the time being at least. Hope they can all kick on and be involved in some way, shape or form in the coming season. Would be great to see Joe Morrell involved more next season, seems his progress has stalled a little in the past 12 - 18 months...

Fingers crossed our first team signings are done and dusted as quickly as they have managed to tie down the deals for the youngsters too!

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Let's hope they all kick on, I saw someone who watches the youth games say that Morrell had gone back a little, but I think all players have up's and downs in their development, look at Joe at the start of this season. This suggests that LJ and the coaching staff believe he can come again.

On a side note, does anyone know how the first part of Connors surname is pronounced " Lemonheigh-Evans " is it one of the names like Mainwaring that is not pronounced the way it is spelt? 

3 minutes ago, HLR said:

Zak Vyner & Max O'Leary have today penned new two year deals with City. Ashley Harper, Joe Morrell & Connor Lemonheigh-Evans all extend by a year.

Good news for the youth layers that LJ see's them having a future at the club, for the time being at least. Hope they can all kick on and be involved in some way, shape or form in the coming season. Would be great to see Joe Morrell involved more next season, seems his progress has stalled a little in the past 12 - 18 months...

Fingers crossed our first team signings are done and dusted as quickly as they have managed to tie down the deals for the youngsters too!

' Good news for the youth layers '        Are we in Adam Johnson territory here ?

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Let's hope they all kick on, I saw someone who watches the youth games say that Morrell had gone back a little, but I think all players have up's and downs in their development, look at Joe at the start of this season. This suggests that LJ and the coaching staff believe he can come again.

On a side note, does anyone know how the first part of Connors surname is pronounced " Lemonheigh-Evans " is it one of the names like Mainwaring that is not pronounced the way it is spelt? 

The 'K ' is silent .

5 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Does dowling and Lloyd Kelly not need a new contract? They are clearly promising but I can't recall reading them having signed professional terms?

I assume as they are younger they are on youth contracts for at least another year anyway?

32 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Owasisname

6 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Guessing "Lemmon-High Evans"

6 minutes ago, Bristolcityyatton said:

No mention of Billy Murphy, Tom Fry, Ben Last or JoJo Wollacott. Have they been released?

Also, Harper is the only 2nd year scholar given a contract. Does that mean Andrews, Harris at al have gone ? Seem to remember Andrews was talked about as a promising player at one point.

I'm not 100% certain but I think you can keep youth players around with offering them a pro contract. Only basing this on football manager where I didn't realise Untill I saw that I had 100+ city youngsters in my youth team some of whom were 25+

3 hours ago, richwwtk said:

My guess was Lemmony-Evans

That's how I always think it when I read it too. Lovely name, but the poor kid will be forever having to spell it out to people. 

I always thought it to be pronounced Lemon hay Evans. Who knows? Him presumably.

Sounds like a big year for the last 3 particularly Morrell and L-Evans. Will need to prove themselves this year.

Exciting having a few young uns who may genuinely push the first teamers.

2 hours ago, BarnzFM said:

Saw he'd been loaned there, never a good sign when players are loaned out and the club doesn't mention it. 

Yep, don't quite understand why somethings are seemingly "not for publication".

He had his loan spell there then joined them in March "following his release by Bristol City". They announced this week that he's amongst the group of players to commit themselves to Bath for next season (more City faces in Frankie Artus, Dan Ball, Billy Murphy and Steve Phillips also signing up). Ashley Kington is leaving Bath.

Archived