IGNORED

FGR

slartibartfast

5 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Just been on their site. Only sold under 5k for Sunday. I think that is quite sad (and I mean that in the "original" sense, not disparaging) .:sad26:

That's sad. If the community don't want it then they probably don't deserve it. 

5 hours ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Definitely rooting for Grimsby on Sunday. Never had much time for veggie Rovers since the Dale Vince takeover.

Interestingly, that's what they're saying on their site. Apparently he's alienated a lot of their fans, To prove their point, they took over 10k for the Vase in the early 2000's !

15 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Interestingly, that's what they're saying on their site. Apparently he's alienated a lot of their fans, To prove their point, they took over 10k for the Vase in the early 2000's !

One person mentioned it...and he has an agenda against Dale.

To take 5000, with a hardcore support of 1500, from a town the size of Nailsworth is good imo.

Especially as it's just a weeks notice and, to expect 'casual' support to find the best part of £150 to get there and back and watch, plus cancel any previous plans, is rather hard wouldn't you agree?

The fact a local cricket side has cancelled it's fixture so they can all go, shows there is support...just not the numbers people think should be going.

It's Nailsworth.

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

To take 5000, with a hardcore support of 1500, from a town the size of Nailsworth is good imo.

Especially as it's just a weeks notice and, to expect 'casual' support to find the best part of £150 to get there and back and watch, plus cancel any previous plans, is rather hard wouldn't you agree?

The fact a local cricket side has cancelled it's fixture so they can all go, shows there is support...just not the numbers people think should be going.

It's Nailsworth.

Agreed, it's a tiny town and most football fans there would be supporters of other teams.

Will be interesting to see if the FGR support can grow if they make it to the league.

6 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Agreed, it's a tiny town and most football fans there would be supporters of other teams.

Will be interesting to see if the FGR support can grow if they make it to the league.

Imo, it's impossible for it to grow where it is now. FGR really does need it's new ground built fast if it is to move forward.

Anyone who has been there on a normal match day, will know there isn't enough parking and that the roads to the ground are not conducive to parking or traffic.

For selfish personal reasons, I actually want FGR's to stay where they are at this standard.

For football reasons...it has to move to grow.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

It's Nailsworth.

!0000 for the Vase ? This is infinitely more important, I would have thought.

7 hours ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Definitely rooting for Grimsby on Sunday. Never had much time for veggie Rovers since the Dale Vince takeover.

Why? I'm not quite sure what people have against Dale Vince, unless they are against hippy types in principle.

Apart from being a vegan and enforcing that in the club, he's just another successful local entrepreneur who's bringing success to his local club by investing in it. That should ring bells on OTIB.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Imo, it's impossible for it to grow where it is now. FGR really does need it's new ground built fast if it is to move forward.

Anyone who has been there on a normal match day, will know there isn't enough parking and that the roads to the ground are not conducive to parking or traffic.

For selfish personal reasons, I actually want FGR's to stay where they are at this standard.

For football reasons...it has to move to grow.

Thought you're talking about Ashton Gate for a minute :whistle:

4 hours ago, spudski said:

It's Nailsworth.

Another thing making it difficult is the timing of the match, 4pm on a Sunday. If Braintree had made it I was going with the Brother in Law, but it was depending if I could get Monday off , I guess it's later due to the all powerful Prem playing Sunday , selfish !

6 hours ago, Chris_Brown said:

Nailsworth is tiny and despite relative success on the pitch, FGR have done nothing to attract locals. 

Prices are too high to attract the casual fan or to begin building a larger local fanbase. In addition, I never see any FGR advertising in Stroud. No-one seems particularly aware of them at all here.

That is very true,even in nailsworth  there is only one poxy sign pointing to the ground 

8 hours ago, spudski said:

It's Nailsworth.

Er... just to point out, its just not Nailsworth... its the surrounding areas to Nailsworth.

Stroud, Stonehouse, Dursley, Ciren, Tetbury etc. Enough of a populus to get some kind of interest. 

Like Chris Brown says, FGR are not advertised enough if at all in the local area... prices are indeed too high in general at the level of football to the more casual football fan or the kids to persuade them to go on a regular basis. They need to have incentives to attract new fans 

It's Nailsworth.

Ere ere.

8 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

Where is the support coming from? If they move to the new location by the edge of the M5 they might pinch a few disenfranchised gas fans i suppose.

The final shouldn't even be at Wembley anyway except last season of course where there were about 750,000 Rovers fans locked out. They should play it at a ground like Villa Park where the FA Cup Semi Final would often take place.

Is there land available for them at say, the UWE? :shifty:

3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Ere ere.

Where is the support coming from? If they move to the new location by the edge of the M5 they might pinch a few disenfranchised gas fans i suppose.

The final shouldn't even be at Wembley anyway except last season of course where there were about 750,000 Rovers fans locked out. They should play it at a ground like Villa Park where the FA Cup Semi Final would often take place.

I remember seeing a final played at Sjoke a few seasons back.

11 hours ago, Chris_Brown said:

Nailsworth is tiny and despite relative success on the pitch, FGR have done nothing to attract locals. 

Prices are too high to attract the casual fan or to begin building a larger local fanbase. In addition, I never see any FGR advertising in Stroud. No-one seems particularly aware of them at all here.

TBF: No one's particularly aware of Stroud either.

Just saying like.

3 hours ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Er... just to point out, its just not Nailsworth... its the surrounding areas to Nailsworth.

Stroud, Stonehouse, Dursley, Ciren, Tetbury etc. Enough of a populus to get some kind of interest. 

Like Chris Brown says, FGR are not advertised enough if at all in the local area... prices are indeed too high in general at the level of football to the more casual football fan or the kids to persuade them to go on a regular basis. They need to have incentives to attract new fans 

I live in Tetbury but wouldn't cross the road to watch FGR the standard of football is totally shite.

But to say they don't have incentives is utter rubbish. Quite often they do kids go free and for any home game if you show a season ticket of another club you get in for half price.

When were not watching city my 15yr old often goes down to Nailsworth to watch and only has to pay £4 to get in.

4 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Ere ere.

Now if the final was at Villa Park I would go but Wembley is so much of a trek it's a total farce from this part of the country. Can understand the apathy from FGR fans. Nip down the local pub and watch it.

1 hour ago, Between heaven and hell said:

I live in Tetbury but wouldn't cross the road to watch FGR the standard of football is totally shite.

But to say they don't have incentives is utter rubbish. Quite often they do kids go free and for any home game if you show a season ticket of another club you get in for half price.

When were not watching city my 15yr old often goes down to Nailsworth to watch and only has to pay £4 to get in.

The standard is on par with L2...

Clearly something isn't right when their average is 1700 (capacity is just over 5000), for a club at the top end of the Conference (on a regular basis these days) so no, there is no incentive or advertising.. just a couple of tiny posters on the ecotricty building and Batemans Sport shop... Considering the district of Stroud has a population of around 115,000, you would've thought a club on the cusp of playing in the Football League could attract more fans through the gates so I stand by my comments

Archived