IGNORED

Sieb Dijkstra

Claverham_Red

A name from some of the first years watching City, also remember Starbuck who was mentioned earlier and thinking they were good or at least my Dad thought they were. Tommy Black and Clayton Blackmore stand out as good loans from back then. I agree though Mercer was one of the best 'keepers we had. A shame he couldn't get free of injuries.

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 08:28, awbb said:

Clemens Zwijnenberg!

I could be totally wrong but I am pretty sure Dykstra made his debut away at Burnden Park and we beat Bolton. After 5 minutes I couldn't believe how much better it was to have a keeper who dealt with stuff in the air, Elvis & Leaning hadn't ever taught me it could be done like that!

Wasn't he Danish?? Probably completely wrong there and muddling him up with someone else (Zwijnenberg I mean, not SD)

I remember Dysktra always having a smile on his face, fans loved him during his short time here and he looked like he was having a ball too

Never saw him, Micky Quinn & Bob Carolgees in the same room at the same time.....

2 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Wasn't he Danish?? Probably completely wrong there and muddling him up with someone else (Zwijnenberg I mean, not SD)

I remember Dysktra always having a smile on his face, fans loved him during his short time here and he looked like he was having a ball too

Never saw him, Micky Quinn & Bob Carolgees in the same room at the same time.....

Nah, I'm sure he was Dutch. Wiki (that bastion of truth, even in der Nederlander) suggests we might have got him from Aalborg though. But he started at Twente and played for Feyenoord. I remember being excited when we signed him... and being quickly disabused of that notion.

Vilmos Sebok on the other hand... 

Proving Wiki tells lies - it claims Pulis signed Testimitanu... which must, must, surely be wrong.

2 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Probably thinking of Bo Andersen.

15 minutes ago, awbb said:

Nah, I'm sure he was Dutch. Wiki (that bastion of truth, even in der Nederlander) suggests we might have got him from Aalborg though. But he started at Twente and played for Feyenoord. I remember being excited when we signed him... and being quickly disabused of that notion.

Vilmos Sebok on the other hand... 

Proving Wiki tells lies - it claims Pulis signed Testimitanu... which must, must, surely be wrong.

Ah, must be the Aalborg connection. Seem to remember Denmark being involved somewhere

Sebok was a good player, wasn't he?

Ivan....not sure, could be correct. Someone here will know for sure

11 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Probably thinking of Bo Andersen.

I think you could be right there, Gaz

Archived