IGNORED

International striker

Shtanley

9 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Will/have Ivory Coast qualify though? I know they usually do but have no idea what the situation is this time.

Just had a look, they`re second in their group of four after four games, one point behind Gabon who they play at home on June 3rd. They`ve got one more game on 2nd September at home to Sierra Leone. Presumably only the group winners and the three best losers qualify as there are 13 groups. I suppose if he does make the squad, we`re likely to lose him for a week or so in September at the very least.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Just had a look, they`re second in their group of four after four games, one point behind Gabon who they play at home on June 3rd. They`ve got one more game on 2nd September at home to Sierra Leone. Presumably only the group winners and the three best losers qualify as there are 13 groups. I suppose if he does make the squad, we`re likely to lose him for a week or so in September at the very least.

it's the 3 weeks In Jan that bothers me the most. You see many players come back from that tournament and struggle.

8 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Gabon are hosts, so only the group winners will go through as a result and not a best runner up. Gabon games essentially count as friendlies

just had a search to see if the game was on tv (would watch if kodjia plays) and it looks like Jimmy has taken Gervinhos place in the squad. While Gervinho had a mixed (at best) time in the premier league, Kodjia is replacing someone who had a lot of experience in the top divisions around Europe.

From what I read Gervinho, Yaya Toure and Serge Aurier are effectelive being left out so they can rest, but a good performance from Jimmy and perhaps he can put his name in the hat for more regular call ups

Archived