IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

13 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Ahh Yes. But that was before we added @Woodsy into the deal! Things will move quickly now!

Bless Him!

No offer made mate. On saying that, I've been fishing on the Wye and walking the Malverns today. Turns out there IS a world outside the sodding office window. Who knew...... 

16 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

We're a small club with zero pull or poke in the transfer market.... No balls or ambition and streets behind clubs like bournemouth :S and even clubs like cardiff... 

Nothing will ever change.... !!! again i so hope I'm wrong..

People will say your jumping the gun, and being negative but it's not far from the truth. 

As a club we never look like we have a plan to move forward. Look at all the clubs that seem to pass us by. Similar sized clubs and even smaller clubs pass us by regularly. 

It's a shame but I guess we are used to it.

52 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

People will say your jumping the gun, and being negative but it's not far from the truth. 

As a club we never look like we have a plan to move forward. Look at all the clubs that seem to pass us by. Similar sized clubs and even smaller clubs pass us by regularly. 

It's a shame but I guess we are used to it.

There is research that claims a person's name can have a considerable influence over their life. A name can even exert considerable influences over a person's own choices. 

So, if you changed your name from "BCFC Grim" to "BCFC Joyful" City might prosper and be successful. Of, even better, if you changed it to "BCFC Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" it would be Champions League football in no time at all. 

4 hours ago, pongo88 said:

There is research that claims a person's name can have a considerable influence over their life. A name can even exert considerable influences over a person's own choices. 

So, if you changed your name from "BCFC Grim" to "BCFC Joyful" City might prosper and be successful. Of, even better, if you changed it to "BCFC Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" it would be Champions League football in no time at all. 

:laugh:

Again, what I've said I'm sure you can't argue with?

My Mrs calls me miserable all the time, can't think why.............

15 hours ago, 'keepuplino' said:

We're a small club with zero pull or poke in the transfer market.... No balls or ambition and streets behind clubs like bournemouth :S and even clubs like cardiff... 

:blink:

16 hours ago, 'keepuplino' said:

However badly it turned out last summer, we did make bids for Gray and Gayle that were accepted by the selling club. This summer we have been credibly linked with some good players. BCFC has put in place a new Manager, structure and have a very good stadium. SL has also got part of his jigsaw with the promotion of the Rugby club.

Which part of no balls or ambition are you referring to?

Last season you predicted our relegation and with a fair degree of vitriol.The only thing that bears an element of truth is that we are not a particularly big club and that makes things a bit harder but the transfer season hasn't ended yet so let's just see. Meanwhile there was a recent Relegation thread....

16 hours ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Do you support City ?

18 hours ago, Woodsy said:

No offer made mate. On saying that, I've been fishing on the Wye and walking the Malverns today. Turns out there IS a world outside the sodding office window. Who knew...... 

Was @NeilS there too? Bournemouth is nice this time of year! 

19 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Today I fished the Amazon & climbed kilamanjaro. So in your face. 

I wonder how much that will speed things along? From what I can piece together, the club and Tomlin have been speaking for several months. Ultimately if we can't get the contract over the line, the accepted bid is meaningless. On the other hand, maybe the club are close to agreeing terms but were essentially waiting for the Bournemouth to give it the go ahead?

5 minutes ago, Alex#40 said:

Now it's time to put up or shut up. Bid accepted now will we pay the wages?!?

I think this is why it's taken so long to get the bid in for him, Ashton said something along the lines of there's no point in bidding unless we know we are on the same page as the player in terms of wages demands. Now the bid is in then I'd imagine/hope this gets done quickly

bit slow sorry

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think we would have only made an offer if we had reached an unofficial agreement on wages with his agent

You'd have thought so. Many of us been thinking all along this would be the last piece in the jigsaw. Everything crossed...

Archived