IGNORED

what great new words/phrases have you ....

WhistleHappy

3 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

...discovered lately?

I'm currently watching some random late night film on TV.......

& have heard a great new (to me) word, its QUIDNUNC - go on look it up you nosey sods! :)

I don't mean to be a busybody but I see what you did there

10 hours ago, Woodsy said:

That is simply beautiful. I'm guessing a wankpuffin is similar to a ****-knuckle?

So good I copied it twice, it would seem

My wife nailed it perfectly. It's the sort of insult Shakespeare would have coined.

Thou art nothing but a poxy knave and a wankpuffin, sir!

Discovered ****nubbin a while ago... That's f**knubbin as I bet it doesn't pass the swear filter.

Apparently it means idiot, pillock etc.

Edit: Actually, it means to be oblivious to upset caused to others by your choice of words, thanks to an egotistical nature...

9 hours ago, Aizoon said:

My wife nailed it perfectly. It's the sort of insult Shakespeare would have coined.

Thou art nothing but a poxy knave and a wankpuffin, sir!

Wankpuffin and Juliet would have made me pay more attention when we had to read it at school, that's for sure!

27 minutes ago, Red Bill said:

It would appear that teenagers are unable to complete a sentence without the word "like" in it (at least once).  Plus..... the adjective "amazing" is so over used.

True. But do they overuse "wankpuffin"? I think we should be told.

On Monday, May 23, 2016 at 11:20, Red-Robbo said:

I was delighted to learn (from the OED) that you can be gruntled, as well as disgruntled.

Fantastic news. Good to know that a PG Wodehouse joke has made the OED.

That's the great thing about English - a fast developing language and new words added all the time (unlike French). If enough people use the word wankpuffin it will make the OED in a year or three. Keep it going......

On 24 May 2016 at 20:12, Red Bill said:

It would appear that teenagers are unable to complete a sentence without the word "like" in it (at least once).  Plus..... the adjective "amazing" is so over used.

And it's not just that. The word 'said' has been universally replaced with the phrase 'was like'...

"I was like, What are you doing here?' And she was like, 'I came to do some shopping'." 

On 24/05/2016 at 22:27, Calculus said:

That's the great thing about English - a fast developing language and new words added all the time (unlike French). If enough people use the word wankpuffin it will make the OED in a year or three. Keep it going......

You wankpuffin! That'll never happen :(

On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 22:27, Calculus said:

Wankpuffin translated into French is actually Wankpuffin but said with an accent

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Wankpuffin translated into French is actually Wankpuffin but said with an accent

You're not really trying are you? 

I believe the literal translation is: branleur des macareux. There's probably a suitable idiom but I don't know it. If only I knew an actual French person to ask.

3 hours ago, BigTone said:

That's very acute, Tone. It would have been a grave mistake to get that wrong.

Buggère moi! I can't think of a circumflex joke :(

On 24 mai 2016 at 23:27, Calculus said:

You sir are an ignoramus of the highest order believing the French language to be moribund .

Archived