IGNORED

Championship Clubs' Forums

Leveller

Was on there a lot in the 14/15 season, left due to the fact we were severely disliked by pretty much everyone. To be fair we were pretty arrogant considering we were winning every week.

Was a good way to interact with Swindle fans to tell them that they were a dirty shithouse cheating disgusting football club.

4 hours ago, James_DCFC said:

Those behind 1FF bought the domain a few months later once it had expired.

I never saw what actually happened that day, as I was at Derby v Forest whilst it all kicked off (which we lost :sad26:). Had all been quite civilised and understanding before then, I thought.

It was pretty upsetting for the likes of me, Craig and Kerry who'd put our heart and soul into running it for many years and i think the remarks are what did it for Craig. Although the place had perhaps had its day it was sad that we couldn't go out as planned. I've not been on a general football forum since to this day. It feels odd in a way

2 hours ago, BarmyArmy said:

Owlstalk, the Sheffield Wednesday one, is the best IMO. Most of the fans are a bit thick, but other than that...

OwlsTalk is ok, as is North Stand Chat for Brighton. Also HobNob anyone? for Reading and Waccoe for Leeds are long standing ones. HNA is about 22-23 years old, perhaps the oldest club one going.

On 23/05/2016 at 23:49, Tomarse said:

It was pretty upsetting for the likes of me, Craig and Kerry who'd put our heart and soul into running it for many years and i think the remarks are what did it for Craig. Although the place had perhaps had its day it was sad that we couldn't go out as planned. I've not been on a general football forum since to this day. It feels odd in a way

It definitely wasn't as busy as it was when I first signed up in 2007, which is why I'd kinda been expecting it for a while with the combination of that and Craig not being bothered/not having time to go on himself. Why should he fund something, he had very little to do with?

I'd welcome you on 1FF with open arms, but I'm not sure everyone would sadly.

On 23/05/2016 at 21:49, BarmyArmy said:

Owlstalk, the Sheffield Wednesday one, is the best IMO. Most of the fans are a bit thick, but other than that...

Owlstalk is the best but most of the fans are a bit thick? 

I think the awards criteria need amending. 

16 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Owlstalk is the best but most of the fans are a bit thick? 

I think the awards criteria need amending. 

But what is the criteria? Because I went on owlstalk and got bombarded with cheap adverts flashing all over the place! That immediately relegates it below OTIB for me.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

But what is the criteria? Because I went on owlstalk and got bombarded with cheap adverts flashing all over the place! That immediately relegates it below OTIB for me.

Agreed. 

18 hours ago, James_DCFC said:

I'd welcome you on 1FF with open arms, but I'm not sure everyone would sadly.

It's ok, I'm happy having a long long break away from forums bar this. My Daugher is far more important to occupy my free time. It's good that the community has lived on though.

On 23 mai 2016 at 11:31, City169 said:

ah, the hilarity of repeating tired jokes, sorry yeah, that just went right over my head.

or, perhaps, I do get it, but stopped finding it funny a long time ago

It worked for The Fast Show ! 

I expect you have a highly sophisticated sense of humour that is in every way superior to our pathetic efforts here on OTIB .

Anyone who thinks " Halibut " is a source of amusement should be corrected immediately , probably banned from OTIB for life .

We wait with baited breath for you to amuse and enlighten us with your brilliant mind .

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

It worked for The Fast Show ! 

I expect you have a highly sophisticated sense of humour that is in every way superior to our pathetic efforts here on OTIB .

Anyone who thinks " Halibut " is a source of amusement should be corrected immediately , probably banned from OTIB for life .

We wait with baited breath for you to amuse and enlighten us with your brilliant mind .

Not suggesting for a second that I have a more "sophisticated sense of humour", what I'm suggesting (and pretty bloody clearly, given its been typed and posted already) is that trawling* through 30 pages of puns, Avon Gorge sighting 'jokes' and more of that ilk, and then to find another 4 pages of the same have been added when you've got through all that, on a thread about transfer rumours, is tedious and frustrating. 

Have your jokes, add a joke or two into a thread, I do sometimes, but I do stay on the topic and I don't derail the threads when making the jokes. This thread has ultimately been taken off to a tangent now, so this is the last I'll post in this thread on the matter

* yes, that was deliberate, 

Archived