IGNORED

GOOD LUCK FONTS!!

grebes

2 minutes ago, harrys said:

No, it's just a truly embarrassing piece unfortunately typical of Rangers FC

Why is it? Some rangers players were attacked by fans that is a disgrace.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Why is it? Some rangers players were attacked by fans that is a disgrace.

The vast majority of Hibs fans on the pitch were fine, a small minority were without doubt in the wrong by attacking opposition players and hopefully will be identified and dealt with, Rangers fans on the pitch was also wrong, Rangers fans singing their usual sectarian nonsense was also wrong and the embarrassing and bitter statement from the club was also wrong, fair play to Hibs, they were excellent on the day in a thoroughly enjoyable game to watch and far more entertaining than the English version later in the day

3 minutes ago, harrys said:

The vast majority of Hibs fans on the pitch were fine, a small minority were without doubt in the wrong by attacking opposition players and hopefully will be identified and dealt with, Rangers fans on the pitch was also wrong, Rangers fans singing their usual sectarian nonsense was also wrong and the embarrassing and bitter statement from the club was also wrong, fair play to Hibs, they were excellent on the day in a thoroughly enjoyable game to watch and far more entertaining than the English version later in the day

They should be bloody bitter if players are attacked!

8 minutes ago, harrys said:

Good to see an ex player lift the cup though, wasn't it?

It was and Hibs deserved the win but that doesn't mean that the disgraceful action of some fans should be forgotten about.

49 minutes ago, harrys said:

of course that never happens anywhere else in Scotland does it, like let's say another team that plays in green and white?.

It's all sectarian stuff up there, though isn't it? If it was Rangers v Hearts it would never have kicked off.

Thank f we got all that nonsense out the way by the 18th century.

"Welcome to Scotland. Please put your clocks back 200 years."

21 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

It's all sectarian stuff up there, though isn't it? If it was Rangers v Hearts it would never have kicked off.

Thank f we got all that nonsense out the way by the 18th century.

"Welcome to Scotland. Please put your clocks back 200 years."

A Scottish friend of mine, Mr McDowall , told me this story of an American who rolls up to a pub in Scotland looking for refreshment and a room .

The publican is very welcoming and chats with the American as he drinks his beer.

After a little while the guy asks to see his room and the publican passes him the guests book to sign in .

On reading the guest's name he threw the man out if the pub .

The reason, over 600 years ago the clan , whose name the American bore , betrayed his clan to the English !

15 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

A Scottish friend of mine, Mr McDowall , told me this story of an American who rolls up to a pub in Scotland looking for refreshment and a room .

The publican is very welcoming and chats with the American as he drinks his beer.

After a little while the guy asks to see his room and the publican passes him the guests book to sign in .

On reading the guest's name he threw the man out if the pub .

The reason, over 600 years ago the clan , whose name the American bore , betrayed his clan to the English !

And a lot of their understanding of their "oppressed" history comes from a complete ignorance of said history.

For example, there was a higher percentage of Scots fighting on the "English" side at Culloden than were in the Jacobite Army. The German Duke of Cumberland's forces were almost exclusively Scottish (predominantly Highland clans too) with a small number of English and Hanoverian officers. The Jacobite army contained Irish, French and Italian troops as well as Scots,

If you go to the Culloden battlefield monument and visitor centre this fact is conveniently ignored and the battle is represented as "English versus Scots". Maybe Alex Salmond or Nicola Sturgeon wrote the text.

If Bristol City ever released a statement similar to the one Rangers released yesterday I would hang my head in shame. Truly baffling that they thought it was good idea.

Ultimately, those Hibs fans should never have entered the playing area and it was extremely disappointing. But from everything I've seen it looks like there was about an equal number on both side that were more interested in fighting then anything else.

That sanctimonious rubbish from Rangers has just reaffirmed why so many in Scotland cannot stand them (or Celtic).

1 hour ago, ballwinningcentrehalf said:

If Bristol City ever released a statement similar to the one Rangers released yesterday I would hang my head in shame. Truly baffling that they thought it was good idea.

Ultimately, those Hibs fans should never have entered the playing area and it was extremely disappointing. But from everything I've seen it looks like there was about an equal number on both side that were more interested in fighting then anything else.

That sanctimonious rubbish from Rangers has just reaffirmed why so many in Scotland cannot stand them (or Celtic).

Nothing wrong with that statement, their players and staff were attacked - is that acceptable? Of course not...Rangers have every right to complain about how badly it has been handled....

17 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Nothing wrong with that statement, their players and staff were attacked - is that acceptable? Of course not...Rangers have every right to complain about how badly it has been handled....

Why are you so upset about Rangers losing on Saturday?

11 hours ago, Super said:

It was and Hibs deserved the win but that doesn't mean that the disgraceful action of some fans should be forgotten about.

I'm sure it won't by some,1690 and all that.  

Any Hibs or Rangers fans involved in violence should be dealt with, but the Rangers statement is embarrassing.  When some of our fans attempted to lynch Holloway and chased Rovers players off the pitch I can't recall anything as sanctimonious coming them.  Persecution complex or what?

3 minutes ago, harrys said:

Why are you so upset about Rangers losing on Saturday?

I'm not - click on my avatar, look at the flag and you'll see where my Scottish loyalties lie - it's a long story.

i just disagreed with your post saying 'why were Rangers fans on the pitch?' etc etc - ignoring the fact that thousands of Hibs fans were already on the pitch, goading and inciting them, attacking their players and staff.

Then you posted about Rangers singing sectarian songs at the final (which songs were those?) and when someone replied saying Celtic are just as guilty your response was 'zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.'

So, in summary, i'm not upset that the Gers lost - just can't believe how you've jumped on their fans and ignored everything that the Hibs fans did to cause the situation in the first place.

To be fair, saying 'it happens the other side of Glasgow' as a defence should no longer be acceptable. What happened at Hampden, including the pitch invasion and sectarian singing, had nothing to do with Celtic and is nothing but an attempt to disguise or excuse what they've done. And for the record, I will never accept 'But Rangers have done worse' when it comes to incidents involving Celtic.

I understand that the trouble was instigated by the Hibernian fans on a massive scale, and the conduct of their fans that were intent on trouble was an absolute disgrace, but this attempt by Rangers to paint their fans as heroes defending their players, the 'women and children' (and officials, apparently) by brawling on the field is total rubbish. The statement is nothing but inflammatory. The conduct of their fans was also a disgrace, albeit after provocation and on a lesser scale, but disgraceful nonetheless. Releasing a statement and attempting to fling mud in multiple directions might work with a lot of their supporters, but it isn't fooling any fair-minded person.

Actually I've re-read the Rangers statement and it doesn't go far enough.  The Proclaimers have stayed very quiet throughout this sordid affair. Why no apology from them?  We can deduce they condone this sort of behaviour by their fans.  Shocking.

18 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I'm not - click on my avatar, look at the flag and you'll see where my Scottish loyalties lie - it's a long story.

i just disagreed with your post saying 'why were Rangers fans on the pitch?' etc etc - ignoring the fact that thousands of Hibs fans were already on the pitch, goading and inciting them, attacking their players and staff.

Then you posted about Rangers singing sectarian songs at the final (which songs were those?) and when someone replied saying Celtic are just as guilty your response was 'zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.'

So, in summary, i'm not upset that the Gers lost - just can't believe how you've jumped on their fans and ignored everything that the Hibs fans did to cause the situation in the first place.

Fair enough

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36361133

Wonderful scenes, I can't wait for City to win the FA Cup, League Cup or Championship play off final and have tens of thousands belting out 'Drink up thy zider'. The emotion displayed there is why I love football, thank God the Hi-bees didn't all just sit in their seats and clap their hands, after 114 years of hurt let em invade the pitch and give the Gers fans the bird. Storm in a tea cup. The handful that attacked Rangers players should be the only ones dragged over the coals.

A few, and it was a few, Hibs fans ran over to the Rangers end and goaded them (not dissimilar to the way City fans did when you beat us in the JPT), players attacked? Foderingham got pushed twice - which is obviously wrong- and one bloke took a couple of swipes at Wallace and missed by a country mile, again not dissimilar to when Rovers players had to run for the tunnel after Beadles last minute equaliser. Even Kenny Millers wife took to Twitter to say reports that he had been attacked were untrue, in fact a couple of Hibs fans shook his hand (he used to play for them).

I will admit to disliking Rangers, but their statement is an embarrassment, as are their claims that  Rangers fans only entered the pitch after 'prolonged and severe provocation' and that they were only going on to protect their players!

A few Hibs fans got chopsy, and a few of them got more than they bargained for, it wasn't WW3, and as for Rangers claiming some sort of fenian conspiracy, well, I can only say that the words coming out of their boardroom have made me laugh even more than Grays last minute winner :)

53 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

A few, and it was a few, Hibs fans ran over to the Rangers end and goaded them (not dissimilar to the way City fans did when you beat us in the JPT), players attacked? Foderingham got pushed twice - which is obviously wrong- and one bloke took a couple of swipes at Wallace and missed by a country mile, again not dissimilar to when Rovers players had to run for the tunnel after Beadles last minute equaliser. Even Kenny Millers wife took to Twitter to say reports that he had been attacked were untrue, in fact a couple of Hibs fans shook his hand (he used to play for them).

I will admit to disliking Rangers, but their statement is an embarrassment, as are their claims that  Rangers fans only entered the pitch after 'prolonged and severe provocation' and that they were only going on to protect their players!

A few Hibs fans got chopsy, and a few of them got more than they bargained for, it wasn't WW3, and as for Rangers claiming some sort of fenian conspiracy, well, I can only say that the words coming out of their boardroom have made me laugh even more than Grays last minute winner :)

If the Rangers fans genuinely were looking to protect their players they would have made for the half way line, most of them spilled onto the pitch in mobs, picked off loan Hibs fans threw them on the floor and gave them a good kicking. I think the sight of the tricolour being waved in front of their end was too much for some of them, nothing at all to do with protecting their players. As I said previously the only people the police should be interested in are the ones who pushed or threw punches at Rangers players.

2 hours ago, Miahdennehy said:

A few may have made their way over to the Rangers end, but please don't try to write this off as mere exuberance it was a cup final, a showpiece and the photos below will be how that games is remembered, with several thousands of Hibs fans embarrassing their club and the competition itself, breaking the law of the land and ruining what should have been a proud day in their sparse history and it could have been far worse, luckily any violence between rival fans was minimised by either the common sense of Rangers fans or the police or both.

PS:- i'm surprised that a Rovers fan mentions conspiracies when it comes to pitch invasions.

th.jpeg

th-1.jpeg

2 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

. As I said previously the only people the police should be interested in are the ones who pushed or threw punches at Rangers players.

I think they should be interested in the ones that wrecked the goal posts as well

12 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

....after 114 years of hurt let em invade the pitch and give the Gers fans the bird. Storm in a tea cup. The handful that attacked Rangers players should be the only ones dragged over the coals.

Don't get the '114 years of hurt' - Hibs won the League Cup in 2007, and before that in 1992 and before that in 1973 - and they've won the top div in Scotland three times in the last 68 years - and they've won the second tier div in Scotland three times in the last 83 years - and been runners up in major cup finals (Scottish Cup and Scottish League Cup) another 14 times in the last 93 years - hardly over a century of 'hurt'?

Blimey, we'd be delighted with a record like that....

5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Don't get the '114 years of hurt' - Hibs won the League Cup in 2007, and before that in 1992 and before that in 1973 - and they've won the top div in Scotland three times in the last 68 years - and they've won the second tier div in Scotland three times in the last 83 years - and been runners up in major cup finals (Scottish Cup and Scottish League Cup) another 14 times in the last 93 years - hardly over a century of 'hurt'?

Blimey, we'd be delighted with a record like that....

Even their biggest rivals Hearts would concede they are the fourth or fifth biggest club in Scotland. To not win Scotland's premier cup competition in that time is unbelievable. To reach ten finals and lose the lot is unbelievable. Of course they have won the league, the league cup and played in Europe but the Cup became an obsession and opposing fans never let them forget it.

To compare us is silly, we are probably the 30-35th biggest club in England and have only spent 9 seasons in the top flight. Hibs have spent 95% of their history in the top flight and like I said are somewhere between the 3rd and 5th biggest in Scotland.

Archived