IGNORED

City head to Spain

Bristol City will be heading for a pre-season training camp in Spain’s famous La Manga Club resort ahead of the 2016/17 campaign.

Lee Johnson will take his charges to the award-winning Murcian resort between July 18th and 24th for some warm-weather training just a few weeks before the new season. 

As well as being put through their paces on the training pitch at La Manga Club, the City players will also have the chance to gain some further match practice with a pre-season friendly scheduled during the camp on July 21st, with the opposition to be confirmed. 

“La Manga comes very highly recommended to me,” said head coach Johnson. 

“It’s everything the players will need. There will be good pitches, excellent sports and conditioning facilities and we just have to find ourselves a decent game whilst we’re out there now.” 

More at http://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/news/city-book-up-spain-training-camp/

2 minutes ago, Super said:

At football or golf?

Yeh it does look a little bit like they've booked a golf holiday and then someone's said "We should probably play a game of football to justify this".  Johnson's then gone "Ah don't worry about it.  We'll just head down the park with a ball and there'll be some lads who fancy a game."

1 hour ago, Real Red said:

Real Murcia got a great 33,000 stadium. John Toshack former manager, ex players Gifton Noel Willliams, Kike (Mboro) Enrique De Lucas (Chelsea). They play in red and white too!

Real Murcia Ground.jpg

This is no good as we dont have an away kit! :grr:

12 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-meet-Barcelona-Real-Madrid-Bayern/story-29395074-detail/story.html.           

I doubt it would happen but wouldn't that be good to play one of those. Just said to the missus we deserve a holiday to Spain and she agreed . I will tell her on the plane :whistle: 

Ah the daily standard bollox from Stockhausen.

On 5/23/2016 at 11:22, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

FC Torrevieja?  A club mostly run and supported by English ex pats.

I have a place nearby and have watched Torry a lot over the years. They are truly awful and would provide no meaningful opposition I'm afraid. Elche could be a good shout or maybe an Hercules X1.

2 hours ago, supercidered said:

I have a place nearby and have watched Torry a lot over the years. They are truly awful and would provide no meaningful opposition I'm afraid. Elche could be a good shout or maybe an Hercules X1.

It's sad to hear they are now awful, I lived in Torrevieja for 4 years from 2006 until early 2010 and went to watch them a lot as well and they were not too bad then.  I thought they were having a new stadium built opposite the old one, so did that happen?   They also had a lot of problems with the main sponsor a building company who owed them a lot of money at the time and the Torry Army took the club over, I believe.   It's a shame, because I saw some good games there.

1 hour ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

It's sad to hear they are now awful, I lived in Torrevieja for 4 years from 2006 until early 2010 and went to watch them a lot as well and they were not too bad then.  I thought they were having a new stadium built opposite the old one, so did that happen?   They also had a lot of problems with the main sponsor a building company who owed them a lot of money at the time and the Torry Army took the club over, I believe.   It's a shame, because I saw some good games there.

Yea, the building company went bust and owed not just the club but money all over the place. The supporters still run it but went through last season without a main sponsor. They are still at the same ground and have all sorts of money problems. They finished mid table but really are quite poor on and off the pitch. Shame as its a good little set up and quite a good laugh!

Archived