Hi

We are currently researching the growth in the buying and wearing of 
replica football shirts by adult fans since the 1970s.  We are aiming to 
gather the experiences and opinions of fans who have bought or been 
given replica shirts (be it occasionally or every season!), and 
of fans who have never owned a replica shirt.  We are keen to hear 
from fans of all ages
- and particularly those aged over 40, who 
might have bought replica shirts in the 1980s and early 1990s.

We'd be very grateful if you'd be willing to complete our short survey 
(should take 5 minutes at most).

You can access it here:

https://sheffieldmanagement.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1ZKfCxCVjLAyQJL

Thanks for your time :)
Chris Stride (University of Sheffield) and Nick Catley (Independent 
researcher).

No offence mate, but surely we are getting to the point where someone will be doing a PhD on whether fans have a sh1te at the game or crimp one out before they leave the house. 

All the best.  I'll do the survey later as enjoying some quality gentleman time myself right now. ;)

6 hours ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

Oh God, here we go again.

Please enlighten us all as to what we CAN wear to games, Oh Great One!

Batman costume. Did you not get the memo!? On evening games you have to go dressed as spiderman.

10 hours ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

Oh God, here we go again.

Please enlighten us all as to what we CAN wear to games, Oh Great One!

I just think it looks a bit stupid, a pie monster with gravy on his replica kit walking round ashton gate with his d cups flopping about. I'd just wear everyday clothes, but eh, do what you want.

47 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I just think it looks a bit stupid, a pie monster with gravy on his replica kit walking round ashton gate with his d cups flopping about. I'd just wear everyday clothes, but eh, do what you want.

Um just out of interest where would I need to go in the Ashton Gate stadium to see D cups flopping about?

Thanks to all who have completed our survey (see start of thread) :) We have had over 2,500 responses from fans of the 92 league clubs! If you haven't completed the survey yet and would like to, then you have until the end of the month before we close it and analyse the data.

Cheers
Chris and Nick

• Admin
23 minutes ago, nickcatley said:

Thanks to all who have completed our survey (see start of thread) :) We have had over 2,500 responses from fans of the 92 league clubs! If you haven't completed the survey yet and would like to, then you have until the end of the month before we close it and analyse the data.

Cheers
Chris and Nick

I'm guessing it doesn't follow the angle of your research but you asked when we started to buy adult replica shirts, a follow up question asking if we have bought the current kit and then reasons why not may have also yielded some interesting data. I feel replica shirt use is lower now at matches than it has been in the past that it a purely subjective view and not qualified with any data.

• Admin
On 5/23/2016 at 21:32, ZiderEyed said:

Done. PS Adults wearing replica shirts at football matches should be castrated and burnt alive.

Those who judge others for their actions usually have insecurities about themselves. I wish you well in battling your own demons :)

Archived