IGNORED

How would you feel

Red Derek

First post, thought I'd put this out there.

So Dopey Darrell decides to leave the gas for a 3 to 4 month stint at Leeds.

Steve Cottrell needing work gets the Rovers gig.

Does he all of a sudden become the Anti Christ and get dogs abuse, or a begrudging acceptance that he is out of work and needs a job.

59 minutes ago, Red Derek said:

Does he all of a sudden become the Anti Christ and get dogs abuse, or a begrudging acceptance that he is out of work and needs a job.

I'd feel..... well..... sorta like..... FFS!

It's Lansdown

It's Kodjia

It's Golbourne 

And most of all the guy who won us the double and would never ever manage "them" is :

Cotterill

since he is still getting paid by us, probably until the end of his contract (end of next season) he doesn't really need another job.

If it does however go for it....I hope he does as good a job as John Ward did in his 2nd spell at rovers

13 minutes ago, Bowie said:

since he is still getting paid by us, probably until the end of his contract (end of next season) he doesn't really need another job.

If it does however go for it....I hope he does as good a job as John Ward did in his 2nd spell at rovers

Didn't his contract run out?

13 minutes ago, Bowie said:

This, I don't think Cotts 'needs' work THAT bad

I'm sure with the kind of money their billionaire owner will throw at a new manager it would be an attractive proposition though.....

4 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

I wouldn't be happy!

He undoubtedly did a fine job for you in that one season, but I just thought the bloke came across as a totally ungracious tosser. I liked him being your manager, he was easy to dislike :)

You could easily be talking about your own manager here.

10 hours ago, Red Derek said:

I'd be very surprised if he did…I'd think he'd be looking somewhere bigger

A job's a job but no. Cotterill looked quite ill and stressed during the last few weeks he was here. Going there might finish him off. As much as he frustrated us as well as delighted us, I'm not that cruel. 

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

A job's a job but no. Cotterill looked quite ill and stressed during the last few weeks he was here. Going there might finish him off. As much as he frustrated us as well as delighted us, I'm not that cruel. 

He looked dreadful, I honestly thought he'd have a breakdown/heart attack/stroke or something

4 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

He looked dreadful, I honestly thought he'd have a breakdown/heart attack/stroke or something

Indeed. Going off subject a bit but at the COmmunity Trust event a few weeks ago Pemberton commented how withdrawn and introverted he had become, gone was the happy, bubbly personality. I think the club were quite worried about him. That is the strain of the modern day managers job. No doubt with a bit of R&R he will be back, just not to the Gas huh Steve.

Further to OP, with Dopey now Favorite for Leeds, for whatever reason, who would you like to see in charge of the sags. Surely Hollowheads name would be banded about and would re-ignite some passionate debate on both sides of the river.

14 hours ago, Red Derek said:

You're forgetting that most people seem to hate Cotterill anyway, so it would just add fuel to their fire

16 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

You're forgetting that most people seem to hate Cotterill anyway, so it would just add fuel to their fire

I don't think MOST people HATE Cotterill, that's someway wide of the mark. If we are speaking for everybody I would guess many would thank and respect him for the job he did in our promotion season, but will feel sad and frustrated he couldn't continue the good work in the Championship. I feel that he will have to start again in League One, or even look abroad for work. Hence the links to the Gas. Leeds might as well look at Cotterill as Dopey, at least he has Championship experience with several teams. (Not that I want Cotterill to go there mind, basketcase team.

Anyway, Lee  is the Manager here now. We have to concern ourself with his job in hand.

Guess what?

i don't care one iota where Clarke goes or care about Cotterills destination either.

I care about Bristol City and I know that I shouldn't be surprised to see threads about Clarke and Cotterill, it is the silly season after all.........:sleeping:

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Guess what?

i don't care one iota where Clarke goes or care about Cotterills destination either.

I care about Bristol City and I know that I shouldn't be surprised to see threads about Clarke and Cotterill, it is the silly season after all.........:sleeping:

Guess what?

You just couldn't keep away- could ya?

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Guess what?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........................You playing bowls today?

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Guess what?

This is football chat and it's a football story. I do hope you're not so dull in real life

Archived