IGNORED

TEN MONTHS of traffic chaos around Ashton Gate on the horizon

phantom

On 5/24/2016 at 19:13, Monkeh said:

they are using the electrification as an excuse to hide a major **** up on the project Tom, there is absolutely zero chance of the Portishead lines being electrified unless it was using the 3rd rail system, (a dc conductor rail which is along side the running rail as apposed to the overheads)

Can't they put the power rail down the middle like the old three rail Hornby Train Set?

I have been on leave for 4 days after the Reading game.

With regards to the decision around the early ko for Cardiff game as I mentioned in my first update on it, ONE of the main reasons was these roadwork's taking place. The roadwork's were not the sole reason.  The game still remains a high risk game and each season in conjunction with both clubs we are doing our best to ensure we are able to return to a "Normal" fixture. This season we have returned to unrestricted travel for both home and away fixtures, last season this was not the case. Reducing access to alcohol is a step that is taken to reduce the risk of disorder both inside and outside the stadium by both club and police alike.

I was present at the Reading game recently when fans enjoyment of the day was ruined by a number of drunken individuals, however much the police and stewards get involved both during and afterwards it still ruins the day, and it is with this in mind that these decisions are made.

I am hopeful that next season should we both be in the same league and when this fixture passes without incident that the next game can be as close to a normal kick off time as possible (SKY TV Permitting!)

We are told these roadwork's will mean the Ashton Vale trading estate and away fans parking is NOT accessible, certainly after 8pm. We have been told that workmen could be in position from 6.30pm onwards and therefore the match commander took the decision that as there will be approx. 20-25 coaches attending from Cardiff that this was a risk that added to an already high risk game.

It is clear that the remaining games at 3pm during this period do not need to change as there is not a large away coach following anticipated, for instance Ipswich this weekend are only expecting 2-3 coaches.

I only wish my shift pattern was 2 days on 40 off!

On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 13:17, JulieH said:

Reducing access to alcohol is a step that is taken to reduce the risk of disorder both inside and outside the stadium by both club and police alike.      ........

That's a great move Julie well done, .. I imagine it must be a nightmare dealing with the inevitable disorder when both the club and the police are tanked up .... its bound to kickoff when that lot gets going,  :) 

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

If you're on the centre hoping to get a seat on 24, lower your expectations. 

I got the last.

Watch out for dirty old Lil'  from Novers Hill .... if she gets on she'll stand alongside you farting at face level until you can't take anymore and eventually gives up your seat to her. She does it all the time and always succeeds.. Probably best if you just get off and walk right now mate, just in case.

5 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Watch out for dirty old Lil'  from Novers Hill .... if she gets on she'll stand alongside you farting at face level until you can't take anymore and eventually gives up your seat to her. She does it all the time and always succeeds.. Probably best if you just get off and walk right now mate, just in case.

I'm not even going to the game, just spending the afternoon on the 24, waiting to get crop dusted by old Lil'.

Archived