IGNORED

Mmmmm beer!

Interesting:

"The Sports Bar & Grill will be open from 11am, with happy hour between 3-5pm, offering 50% off selected lines."

I imagine there will be a few tired and emotional fans by kick off. 

34 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Interesting:

"The Sports Bar & Grill will be open from 11am, with happy hour between 3-5pm, offering 50% off selected lines."

I imagine there will be a few tired and emotional fans by kick off. 

Imagine doing that for us on the day of a night match v Leeds. Carnage.

1 hour ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Not exactly football related but see this link from the Bristol Rugby site for the game tomorrow night. Imagine if we had this for City games

http://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/news/supporters-information-final-second-leg-1-1/

Got to love the 'keep off the pitch' message at the bottom....

Not a chance of stopping they burly rugger buggers getting on if they're so inclined.

Got to ask yourself the question why they can't do this at football matches. 

As @ZiderEyed says, some will complain about the discrimination, but the fact is they do it for the rugby because there won't be trouble. 

Shame it doesn't work for the football. Seems to be a small minority that'll always make it a no go.

Not Here to moan but the half time entertainment for the rugby semi was impressive . The the way the alcohol lorries lighthouse was set out  pre game, it was quite a sight althofh maybe was down to the relaxed rugby atmosphere. 

I think they will up there game for the footy next season  and maybe putting all the deals to create a carnival atmosphere for the rugby , sometimes hard not to be jealous . 

1 hour ago, deadredfred said:

As @ZiderEyed says, some will complain about the discrimination, but the fact is they do it for the rugby because there won't be trouble. 

Shame it doesn't work for the football. Seems to be a small minority that'll always make it a no go.

sadly some football fans can't be trusted.

1 hour ago, deadredfred said:

Really is a pity..the attitudes of supporters between the two sports so very different.a more adult approach I suppose,but the rivalry seems to still have an edge without things going overboard..

30 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Really is a pity..the attitudes of supporters between the two sports so very different.a more adult approach I suppose,but the rivalry seems to still have an edge without things going overboard..

Agreed. I'd argue there's no less passion or rivalry, just its all under control and teams and fans are respected. As proven by the player/referee relationship. 

Two different sports entirely, but I'd definitely like to see the authority the rugby refs have and the respect they are given filter into football.

Cant see the handbags, diving and cheating lasting long if the refs weren't so intimidated all the time.

Anyway, back on subject. Beer! Wheyyyyyyy. Lads, lads, lads. 

Looking forward to the game tonight, sounds like the club have made a real effort. I've only missed 2 games this season and one of them was the semi-final. On a normal match I believe £'s spent per head for rugby exceeds the football, it's all the extra drinking allowed, so I expect takings to be huge tonight. I quite fancy a nice pint of Guinness.

Also the sight of loads of flags being waved is great to see, hundreds of free flags are handed out every normal match by the Rugby Community Foundation and I'm expecting thousands to be given out tonight. Makes me wonder why it cannot be done regularly for the football. I would think rugby has a lot less money spare for things like this but they easily outdo football when it comes to masking a visual show. (I'm not talking about section 82 or any other fan driven initiative, but from purely what the club provides.) I'm going to copy this into the Q&A section to ask.

12 hours ago, deadredfred said:

Agreed. I'd argue there's no less passion or rivalry, just its all under control and teams and fans are respected. As proven by the player/referee relationship. 

Two different sports entirely, but I'd definitely like to see the authority the rugby refs have and the respect they are given filter into football.

Cant see the handbags, diving and cheating lasting long if the refs weren't so intimidated all the time.

Anyway, back on subject. Beer! Wheyyyyyyy. Lads, lads, lads. 

Yes the welsh guy, he's great! He really puts the players in their place

I love the fact they put on extra beer outlets for the rugby and only wish they would do same for football.

I got down here at 9am to make full use of the special facilities. I can now barely stand and it is still more than 6 hours to kick off.

Ok, what next? ..er, right I know,..... I'm off to the Guinness stand again before I break into the weird lighthouse thing from Fraggle Rock.

Actually, scrub that. I think I might blow chunks first.... hic.

IMG-20160525-WA0000.jpg

• Admin

The past season would have been ideal with the away fans being the other end of the stadium, and no access through

But saying that some of the fan parks I have seen on away trips last season, shows what COULD be done

On 24/05/2016 at 20:36, Robert the bruce said:

Rugby doesn't attract life's detritus with anger management issues. Most rugby fans tried harder at school and feel less like society's self-appointed victims. Rugby fans also don't let the presence of 'authority' erode their own self-worth or react to it.

A different mindset altogether. 

19 hours ago, ojjy said:

Really wanting to hear a football style chant tonight (once the tie is the bag) 

'Bath and Gloucester we're gunning for you!' :laugh: that would sound ace on the TV!

Come on Bris!

The closest thing I heard was 'We are going up, say, we are going up' and Drink up ye cyder at the end. Any others?

1 hour ago, RedM said:

The closest thing I heard was 'We are going up, say, we are going up' and Drink up ye cyder at the end. Any others?

I was part way through "my old man said be a Gloucester fan..." but then I got a smack in the back of the head and ejected from the stadium.

Great night. When do we play next?

Archived