IGNORED

I already hate pre-season

Ian M

Me too, especially when I've spent most of the day trying to explain to a room full of Americans there are other leagues in England other than the Premier League and why I support a team that isn't in that league (yet).

And why I've got a picture of a stadium building site as my screensaver, that went right over their heads...

3 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Me too, especially when I've spent most of the day trying to explain to a room full of Americans there are other leagues in England other than the Premier League and why I support a team that isn't in that league (yet).

And why I've got a picture of a stadium building site as my screensaver, that went right over their heads...

Have they managed to convince you that the draft system is a good idea yet?

28 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Don't lump us all together. Plenty of Americans know of the 4 tiers of English football and other leagues not in the top divisions across Europe 

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Don't lump us all together. Plenty of Americans know of the 4 tiers of English football and other leagues not in the top divisions across Europe 

Definitely not sir!

This room consisted of ardent US sports fans and wouldn't have it any other way. 

The Premier League was reasonably well known, the diversity and richness of the rest of the divisions were not. 

Where are you in the Country? 

1 hour ago, Charliesboots said:

You could drawn comparisons to their baseball leagues. They have "minor" leagues similar in make up to our FL.

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

Is anyone else already lost without football or am I on my own here? 

Roll on the Euros. 

Roll on some signings. 

Roll on the friendlies.

Roll on next season. 

We've only got another 106,560 minutes until 6th August. Plenty of thumb twiddling to get on with. 

1 hour ago, Charliesboots said:

I know what you mean! I was listening to the 'Joe Rogan podcast' the other day. He's a stand-up comedian and judge on the MMA fighting (Mixed Martial Arts) stuff in America. Some bloke was on his show trying to explain the concept of English football to him, relegations from and promotions to the Premier League etc.... and he just looked totally bemused. Hilarious.

15 minutes ago, MigratedRobin said:

I know what you mean! I was listening to the 'Joe Rogan podcast' the other day. He's a stand-up comedian and judge on the MMA fighting (Mixed Martial Arts) stuff in America. Some bloke was on his show trying to explain the concept of English football to him, relegations from and promotions to the Premier League etc.... and he just looked totally bemused. Hilarious.

I'll have a search for it and download, should pass the time in the hotel later. Thanks 

Archived