IGNORED

Wade Elliott out?

Mike B_arnes

Anyone else heard this one? Talk of Ashton gate yesterday Lee Johnson assisted by Mark Ashton intent on Elliott not having the under 21's manager job. Went to the board this week telling them Elliott isn't commited enough to yhe job or LJ as a manager. Many of the board aren't convinced but Johnson is pressing ahead with a replacement already agreeing terms!? All very odd considering the club have been posting about Elliott all week and the 21's seem to be doing well under him with players breaking into the first team. Haven't read about it anywhere yet but source was good. 

• Admin

Would I be surprised - No, as it would mean LJ getting his choice of Manager in (assuming Wade isn't that person)

Would I be disappointed - Yes, as it seems there is finally realisation that investment needs to be put into that level and Wade seems to be doing a lot of work in that aspect

Hopefully just Chinese whispers 

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

Would I be surprised - No, as it would mean LJ getting his choice of Manager in (assuming Wade isn't that person)

Would I be disappointed - Yes, as it seems there is finally realisation that investment needs to be put into that level and Wade seems to be doing a lot of work in that aspect

Hopefully just Chinese whispers 

I'm a fan of LJ and was delighted at his appointment but it would be disappointing if wade were to leave. He did a fantastic job as captain and interim manager with JP but he is the last of the SC appointments left and maybe LJ can't let that go? 

• Admin
21 minutes ago, dihajh said:

This may be completely irrelevant but thought I'd add.. Yesterday I did see wade elliot coming out of a suit Tailors.. As I said could be irrelevant it perhaps getting a suit for other job interviews?

:laughcont::laughcont::laughcont::laughcont::laughcont::laughcont::laughcont::laughcont::laughcont::laughcont::laughcont::laughcont::laughcont::laughcont::laughcont::laughcont::laughcont:

#wadeywatch

Can we set up 24 hour surveillance please. A suit yesterday, if he's off for a haircut today then I'm getting worried.....

As for the rumour, if LJ feels he's not committed to the job, or to him as his boss, then of course WE will be gone. Would be a shame, but life moves on

38 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

#wadeywatch

Can we set up 24 hour surveillance please. A suit yesterday, if he's off for a haircut today then I'm getting worried.....

As for the rumour, if LJ feels he's not committed to the job, or to him as his boss, then of course WE will be gone. Would be a shame, but life moves on

New :gasmask: manager/coach…?:ph34r:

34 minutes ago, dihajh said:

As I said more than likely completely irrelevant but just thought I'd mention it(No I wasn't stalking either just looked out the window while driving)

Yep looking out the window whilst driving does help :whistle:

I like Wade but if LJ feels he's not the right man for the job then fair enough. 

One thing that's clear is that Johnson wants more young players getting developed and having a clear route to the first team, so if he feels that is more likely under a change of management then so be it. 

3 hours ago, Mike B_arnes said:

We all have to start somewhere. I've never used a forum before, only ever followed the club and fans on Facebook. Who knows maybe one day I will have posted 5000+ opinions.....

All of which will slagged off or defended in equal measure whilst being interlaced with fish puns and song lyrics.

God I you guys .:clapping:

2 hours ago, Mike B_arnes said:

I'm a fan of LJ and was delighted at his appointment but it would be disappointing if wade were to leave. He did a fantastic job as captain and interim manager with JP but he is the last of the SC appointments left and maybe LJ can't let that go? 

How do we know that he did a "fantastic job"? None of us know what direct impact he had on those results. I'm not saying he didn't have one, but no one outside the playing staff really knows. Also, even if he did well in those roles - it doesn't make him necessarily the best man to be u21 manager. 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

How do we know that he did a "fantastic job"? None of us know what direct impact he had on those results. I'm not saying he didn't have one, but no one outside the playing staff really knows. Also, even if he did well in those roles - it doesn't make him necessarily the best man to be u21 manager. 

I'm obviously speculating but he was brought in during a relegation battle, kept us up, captained a team to a league promotion and a trophy, coincidence maybe?  And I don't think that it was a coincidence that when SC departed our youth players were given a chance to play in the first team? None of us know what goes on behind the scenes both at management and board level. Look at the appointment of Ashton even with his dubious credentials....

4 hours ago, dihajh said:

This may be completely irrelevant but thought I'd add.. Yesterday I did see wade elliot coming out of a suit Tailors.. As I said could be irrelevant it perhaps getting a suit for other job interviews?

Takes me back mate. Didn't think they existed anymore. You'll get me all moist-eyed talking about queuing up at the counter at the Coop on Raleigh Road next.

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I like Wade but if LJ feels he's not the right man for the job then fair enough. 

One thing that's clear is that Johnson wants more young players getting developed and having a clear route to the first team, so if he feels that is more likely under a change of management then so be it. 

I totally agree, LJ obviously has a man for the job, be interesting to see who (most likely a Barnsley colleague?) 

1 hour ago, Mike B_arnes said:

I'm obviously speculating but he was brought in during a relegation battle, kept us up, captained a team to a league promotion and a trophy, coincidence maybe?  And I don't think that it was a coincidence that when SC departed our youth players were given a chance to play in the first team? None of us know what goes on behind the scenes both at management and board level. Look at the appointment of Ashton even with his dubious credentials....

My point still stands - we don't know what tangible impact he had on results, he was second in command to Pemberton anyway. Him being captain is irrelevant to his ability as an u21 manager. Not really sure what's 'dubious' about Ashton's credentials - let's judge him over this summer.

5 hours ago, dihajh said:

I believe Wade is going to be interviewed for the position of SC's assistant when he takes over at Sheff Utd, Charlton, Notts County, Villa, Everton .....errr..the gas....errr..

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

My point still stands - we don't know what tangible impact he had on results, he was second in command to Pemberton anyway. Him being captain is irrelevant to his ability as an u21 manager. Not really sure what's 'dubious' about Ashton's credentials - let's judge him over this summer.

I think the "dubious" bit about Ashton was he, apparently, didn't do a good job when he was there. And probably partly to do with us taking him from a league 2 side. 

This wouldn't surprise me at all...I remember listening to a radio interview with Wade last year.

He said he was learning on the job, found it tough, and said he was still undecided, as a career, as to whether it's a path he would still choose to follow in the future.

No doubt he's liked, but whether he's got the skills required of an U21 development Coach for what we need now, is another matter.

1 hour ago, City169 said:

I think the "dubious" bit about Ashton was he, apparently, didn't do a good job when he was there. And probably partly to do with us taking him from a league 2 side. 

You mean the one that he put the processes into place for them to win promotion?

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

You mean the one that he put the processes into place for them to win promotion?

I'm not the one saying I don't like ashton, or calling him dubious, merely attempting to guess what was behind that title, base on the reasons given for the uproar on here when he joined

47 minutes ago, City169 said:

I'm not the one saying I don't like ashton, or calling him dubious, merely attempting to guess what was behind that title, base on the reasons given for the uproar on here when he joined

It could of been Jose joining with wenger as director of football and bill gates as our new owner,

there would still be up roar on here

4 hours ago, City169 said:

I'm not saying that I don't like the man, I've never met him but it was a rather odd appointment and there are plenty of fans on here who were in uproar when he was announced.

Archived