IGNORED

BBC Football Page

14 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Anyone else starting to find the 18 stories a day about Man Utd annoying? You wouldn't think there were play off finals this weekend. 

Yes, Yes and Yes.

Same on Sky Sports News - "Breaking News: Jose has just had breakfast.  More on this when we come back".

Football today is a soap opera and has very little to do with sport itself.

1 hour ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Anyone else starting to find the 18 stories a day about Man Utd annoying? You wouldn't think there were play off finals this weekend. 

You've just started another one! And I've replied, so I'm as bad. 

as far as i can tell since the BBC has moved to Salford no one in Manchester has been able to take a shit without it being somewhere on the BBC news site.

People used to complain about the BBC being London centric - i think it would now be classed as Manchester obsessed. Its like a friend going out with an ugly bird and he keeps talking about her - he might think she is special but no one wants to hear about it all the time, you know that eventually he will figure out she is a slob but until that point its best not to see him to often, so i dont watch anymore.

18 hours ago, EnderMB said:

If I remember correctly, the chief editor of BBC Sport is a Man Utd fan, which is why every time one of their players takes a shit there's an article about them.

I have no idea about the head of BBC Sport - tbh I've forgotten who that is now - but their website editor is a Forest fan. 

To be fair, ALL football coverage everywhere is horribly biased towards the "big five".

But the reality is that one of the biggest clubs in the world is in the process of appointing one of the biggest names in world football and who has been a massive character in the Prem.  Therefore it genuinely is a massive story that is always going to be getting coverage.

I'm no fan of either Utd or Jose (I certainly don't hate them like others do though...), but the long and short of it is that this will be rightly be a massive story for the next couple of days.  The play-offs will get top story billing after the final whistle.  It's just the way it is.

40 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

But the reality is that one of the biggest clubs in the world is in the process of appointing one of the biggest names in world football and who has been a massive character in the Prem.  Therefore it genuinely is a massive story that is always going to be getting coverage.

I'm no fan of either Utd or Jose (I certainly don't hate them like others do though...), but the long and short of it is that this will be rightly be a massive story for the next couple of days.  The play-offs will get top story billing after the final whistle.  It's just the way it is.

It might be considered a massive story in principle.  But in the absence of news, does it really need updates telling us that Mourinho was spotted walking a street in london?  THAT ISN'T NEWS.

A lot of people take the piss out of American sports and their franchises, but I think the Premier League has become the ultimate franchise. The media couldn't give two shits about the Football League, except when someone looks to enter the Premier League. It's a franchise operated and reported on by Sky.

A lot of kids and young adults today are fans of Premier League teams. If you're lucky, you'll see a kid that supports a Premier League team AND a local team. The implosion of money into the Premier League will only make this worse, and given the moves for B teams into the Football League alongside the idea of overseas games, the Premier League has reached a point where the clubs are global entities of a franchise over community clubs. Man Utd could move the club to Bristol, and probably still fill a stadium the size of Old Trafford.

I understand that the Premier League is a top three league, and the main league in the country, but I really wish that the BBC would elevate the Football League a bit. Instead of a million stories about Man Utd, why not a few stories about Man Utd, and a story about Reading losing their manager.

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

It might be considered a massive story in principle.  But in the absence of news, does it really need updates telling us that Mourinho was spotted walking a street in london?  THAT ISN'T NEWS.

Oh, absolutely, and if that was a story, then I completely agree.  I have to be honest I've not been reading any of the stories on there, but there is a general anti-United feeling that would see any news story as unworthy.  The example you've used I totally agree, and to be honest that fuels the negativity towards United.  

But in respect of updates on one of the biggest newsworthy appointments since Pep agreed to join Man City, this story is going to appeal to the masses more than, says, McDermott leaving Reading, for example.

7 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

So I just had a look today as tomorrow is the Championship playoff, I would say the three biggest football stories today are..  The internationals and the play off finals tomorrow, but no there are no fewer than 7 stories about Jose, Man Utd  and one little box covering Weds/Derby its crap.

Archived