IGNORED

x men apocalypse

Fiale

Any real surprise? How many sequels can you name that are better than originals. Of the top of my head I can name The Empire Strikes as being better than the original..... After that I am struggling.  

14 hours ago, Fiale said:

Watched it today, really disappointed in it. After watching Captain America Civil war last week I knew that it would probably not be as good, but it's not even as good as the previous x-men films. 

Unfortunately it's turned into X Men: The Hunger Games... I enjoyed Days of Future Past and Deadpool, but the sooner X Men was back in Marvel Studio's hands the better.

After reading the reviews went in with low expectations and came out pleasantly surprised. Not as bad as it is made out to be. 

Dont go in expecting the godfather and you might surprise yourself and enjoy it! Yes it's not perfect, far from it. But I went to the cinema to turn my brain off and escape from realities of life for a couple of hours and this film does that job!!!

Ill give it 7/10 

21 hours ago, TRL said:

Any real surprise? How many sequels can you name that are better than originals. Of the top of my head I can name The Empire Strikes as being better than the original..... After that I am struggling.  

I know it`s not strictly a sequel but The Two Towers was better than The Fellowship Of The Ring.  Also, what about Godfather 2? Again, it was a prequel but I thought it was a better film. I preferred Matrix 2 to the original as well but after that I`m struggling.

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly? Technically the third in the series but the best of the lot in my opinion.

I enjoyed it. But this "soft" reboot does annoy me a bit. Are they or are they not supposed to tie in to the original x men films?? 

I prefer the Pentagon kitchen scene from days of future past but this was still enjoyable. So clever how they do it.

22 hours ago, TRL said:

As mentioned above, terminator 2 is better than the terminator.

Are toy story 2 & 3 better than the original??

The one most people tend to say (quite apt as my username suggests) is that the dark knight is better than batman begins. I prefer BB but I appear to be in a minority. 

How many people do we think Magneto would have killed in this film that is glossed over - 100,000's ? Millions - certainly anyone on the ocean would be dead, not a good time to be watching a opera or visiting Egypt. Then at the end it's all, Eric your family, there is good in you blah, blah, blah - I like the setup maybe for the future films, but it all felt flat, it just feels they have failed to create the universe in the same way that Avengers, deadpool, antman, etc all have - all those have a sort of individual niche that works really well - X-men just have not found it yet.

Archived