IGNORED

The Squad - Updated 6/9/16

Ian M

• Admin

Updated. Midfield is now starting to look a lot stronger than last season which should mean we are able to rotate the starting options more and finish the season strongly rather than with tired players. 

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, think the hardworking central midfield is sorted now with O'Neil and Brownhill.  Just the more flair player(s) to sort midfield-wise.

We saw at the end of last season that Korey can be more attacking when given the opportunity and Brownhill`s got that about him too. Obviously we all know who would be our preferred choice for a creative midfielder but in the absence of that, we wouldn`t be entirely lost, particularly if we do sign Hammill.

35 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

We saw at the end of last season that Korey can be more attacking when given the opportunity and Brownhill`s got that about him too. Obviously we all know who would be our preferred choice for a creative midfielder but in the absence of that, we wouldn`t be entirely lost, particularly if we do sign Hammill.

Agree re Smith.  Can't remember the exact game (Ipswich???) when he could've had a hat-trick.  He seemed free from the shackles of being the holding midfielder that day, rotating with Pack and Bryan.  Got a lot in his locker I think.

On 9 June 2016 at 21:31, Davefevs said:

Agree re Smith.  Can't remember the exact game (Ipswich???) when he could've had a hat-trick.  He seemed free from the shackles of being the holding midfielder that day, rotating with Pack and Bryan.  Got a lot in his locker I think.

Bialkowski made one of the saves of the season from a Korey half volley

On 09/06/2016 at 21:31, Davefevs said:

He should have got a hat trick against Ipswich, had so many chances, that said there was a cracking save which essentially lead to a corner which we scored from (or won a second corner from, then scored)

On 29/05/2016 at 14:44, tezOfCity said:

Smith will be suspended for first game of season remember so maybe:

O'Donnell

Ayling Flint Williams Golbourne

Pack Bryan

Burns Reid Freeman

Kodjia

At the moment of course . . . 

It's virtually exactly the same team that started last season!

4 hours ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

Possible... 

.............….……O Donnell 

Matthews … Flint …… Baker … Bryan

……….…….Smith …O'Neil/Pack 

……………….…..Reid 

Canos…….…………….…………Tomlin

.……….....……Kodjia

Very surprised to see you put baker in there . . . 

20 hours ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

Why...

Because you tend to know things I don't, but I was (am) pretty certain Baker wasn't coming back.

Not sure I really want him to be honest i think he's a bit of a liability but he's definately better than what we have at the moment so I couldn't complain too much

On 2 June 2016 at 15:11, Ian M said:

Up to 18 senior players now. I have updated the opening post. :)

I'm 100% certain that LJ and his coaches are fully aware of how thin the squad is...........but as others have said, right now it's scary reading.

That said I'm 100% certain that the wheels are in motion to strengthen the squad but I can see why some fans are sceptical and cynical after last summers transfer fiasco.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Kodjia said:

Might be asking for too much but maybe put the year their contracts run out next to the players' names?

If people know the answer to that we can do it. I know Tomlin and Smith are 2019 and Kodjia is 2018 with an option to extend. Is Flint 2019 too?

2 hours ago, Ian M said:

Done.

George Dowling needs a new deal!

Cheers Ian. Looks like it's last chance saloon for a lot of players otherwise they will be out the door in 12 months time. Pack needs a new contract however

12 hours ago, Kodjia said:

Cheers Ian. Looks like it's last chance saloon for a lot of players otherwise they will be out the door in 12 months time. Pack needs a new contract however

It also begs the question of whether we try and cash in on Luke Freeman or let him run his contract down. I think we would have offered him a new contract by now if he was in LJ`s plans.

13 hours ago, Kodjia said:

I probably agree, but there is a chance that he won't play as much this season with O'Neil and Brownhill.  If he was having negotiations over the summer (as suggested by his Dad), maybe they've already concluded or put on hold.  Pack's bargaining power a little lower at the mo'.

45 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It also begs the question of whether we try and cash in on Luke Freeman or let him run his contract down. I think we would have offered him a new contract by now if he was in LJ`s plans.

Interesting one, would like to see him come good this season.  I know his contract ends next summer, but anyone know if there's an extension clause in it?

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

I've heard mutterings that if the opportunity was afforded to LF to stay longer he would respectfully decline. 

I wouldn't be surprised. I think there have been some clues in LJ's words and actions that he isn't going to feature predominantly in his plans in which case I would have thought we'd be willing to listen to offers and cash in. Maybe more to this O'Dowda rumour than at first glance.

Archived