IGNORED

Vardy to Arsenal?

Bristol Rob

14 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

I think it will be a very hard decision for Vardy to stay or leave if true.

More money.

Bigger club.

Bigger stadium.

London.

Won't get another chance like this at his age.

New challenge.

Achieved everything he possibly could at Leicester.

....seems like a no-brainer to me, but if he remains loyal to Leicester, fair play to him.

I'd go. It's probably his best chance of picking up an FA Cup winner's medal. 

To be honest if I were him I'd tell Arsenal no negotiations until after the Euro's. If he performs well there he will probably have much more attractive offers; he may even if he doesn't perform there if it's a £20m cost. I see absolutely no reason for him in his position to make a move to Arsenal in the first week of June. 

10 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I'd go. It's probably his best chance of picking up an FA Cup winner's medal. 

To be honest if I were him I'd tell Arsenal no negotiations until after the Euro's. If he performs well there he will probably have much more attractive offers; he may even if he doesn't perform there if it's a £20m cost. I see absolutely no reason for him in his position to make a move to Arsenal in the first week of June. 

Statement of intent from Arsenal and an attempt by Wenger to get the fans off his back I think.

In other news, Sky pretty confident Zlatan`s going to Man Utd.

53 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

More money.

Bigger club.

Bigger stadium.

London.

New challenge.

....seems like a no-brainer to me, but if he remains loyal to Leicester, fair play to him.

That's all fine and dandy. But he's settled at Leicester and has great chemistry with the club, fans, and players around him. If he goes to Arsenal, I don't think it will be the same. And I do not believe he will replicate the same form at Arsenal he has with Leicester. If he goes, it's a case of money and I do not blame him. If he stays, it's a case of playing football and being settled in the environment around him. Again, I do not blame him.

I don't think there is any right or wrong decision in this for him.

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

More money.

Bigger club.

Bigger stadium.

London.

New challenge.

agree, no different to a jug eared, crisp eater who went to Arsenal's rivals albeit via Everton and Barcelona .The pull of the capital is something I have never understood when there are lovely places like Bristol but young crisp eater is pleading with him not to go as he calls Arsene's  team 'also rans' so based  on that I dont think he will be AG bound :sad26:

3 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

Suggest he  goes      Wont get another chance of the big time  Reckon  he will passed his best in 2 years when his pace has gone

I think he'll get a bigger chance this summer, especially if he scores 4 goals in France. If he doesn't, at a reported £20m, I suspect there will be other bidders in any case. Not sure Arsenal are that big a draw that in his shoes I'd sign for them in June. 

Stay.  The Leicester story is not finished yet !

Leicester in the champions league, and defending the title.  

IF the team sticks together who is not to say they will not repeat it. Vardy fits at Leicester, I wonder if he would be as effective else where.  Lets the show go on !

Can see both sides to the stay/go argument - on the one hand he's never going to achieve anything like what he has at Leicester again, on the other I'd be gutted to achieve what he has and then not get to experience the reward with that team, ie the champions league with Leicester. 

2 hours ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

He suits Leicesters style of play, plain and simple. Long kick ball to Vardy and he uses his incredible pace on the counter, is a fantastic finisher in front of goal. In a possession team I'm not sure how well he will do. 

My thoughts exactly,with teams sat back like they do against arsenal I'm not sure it's such a good signing.If I was vardy I would sign tho he deserves it,double his wages and it's through hard graft so fair play

Arsenal have got players with pace in Theo and the Ox, but their style of play rarely see's them stretching opposition defences and getting in behind.

If it was purely on footballing reasons, Vardy should stay at Leicester.

However the kind of contract that's likely to be thrown at him will probably be too good to turn down. 

29 years of age, one excellent season in the Prem (and it was excellent) in a side that perfectly suited his game and played out of their skins, and Arsene is spunking £20m and £140k a week?  He's lost his mind.  There's better value out there, and for far less risk.  How does he even fit into the style Arsenal play which is about as far from getting the ball forward quickly as you can get?

4 hours ago, Nibor said:

29 years of age, one excellent season in the Prem (and it was excellent) in a side that perfectly suited his game and played out of their skins, and Arsene is spunking £20m and £140k a week?  He's lost his mind.  There's better value out there, and for far less risk.  How does he even fit into the style Arsenal play which is about as far from getting the ball forward quickly as you can get?

Prem teams have spent a lot more than that on players that have (and may never) achieve what Vardy has. 

Archived