IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I don't really care about him going to be honest, because at the prices being quoted he is not really that good IMO, I agree about the our stage of development and I think our squad is looking exciting, if he goes hopefully 2 strikers will come in and the money in the coffers is a bonus but I disagree about your thoughts on a footballers thought process about a big money transfer, I think for many it's only about the money and always will be, I don't have a real problem with that but I would have thought that the difference is negligible to be honest.

It seem negligible to us from afar as we see footballers as wealthy men. Kodjia was probably on a very low wage at Angers and only started making significant money this last year. He'll be 27 soon and I don't blame him for wanting more money or a premier league club. Whatever his motivations I'm sure they're justified. If he was 22-23 then I think your argument would have a bit more to it. He can't really afford to wait. Could get injured or what not. Chances are he'll get at least £1m a year in wages plus at the fees being reported, more than that for signing. It's his lottery ticket so to speak. It shouldn't always be about the money but o think this is a case where it would be justified. 

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

It seem negligible to us from afar as we see footballers as wealthy men. Kodjia was probably on a very low wage at Angers and only started making significant money this last year. He'll be 27 soon and I don't blame him for wanting more money or a premier league club. Whatever his motivations I'm sure they're justified. If he was 22-23 then I think your argument would have a bit more to it. He can't really afford to wait. Could get injured or what not. Chances are he'll get at least £1m a year in wages plus at the fees being reported, more than that for signing. It's his lottery ticket so to speak. It shouldn't always be about the money but o think this is a case where it would be justified. 

I get all of that Joe but I will make my assessment when I see where he ends up and if it's at Hull it'll tell me either they were the only true bidder or they offered the most money but I suspect that it will all be very short term, the good news for him is no matter how he plays he will make the squad (unless he's injured) because of the lack numbers at the club.

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Wasn't there a French article stating 40% of the profit? 40% of 8m is about 3.5m. So 6.5m for us at a sale of 10m. That's still excellent business for us. Remember he isn't an LJ signing and I think Kodjia probably drives LJ a bit mad. 

To be honest I would be staggered if it's any where near that , 15-25% tops, to the best of our knowledge we were not up against many others to sign him so no need to agree to ridiculous clauses, he wasn't on anyone's radar including everyone on this forum.

2 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Maybe it's just me, but I cannot get my head around the idea that the best move for a player might be to where the highest wage packet is being offered and not a move to a club with let's say greater potential of staying in the top division and maintaining that level of pay packet for a longer time rather than risk having his wages severely cut in the event of relegation and I for one cannot believe that the nutter who owns Hull won't insist on that particular clause, the difference in wages being offered I suspect will be negligible in the grand scheme of becoming more wealthy.

Jobs a job. 

I'd move to a shitter company if they offered me more money

2 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Maybe it's just me, but I cannot get my head around the idea that the best move for a player might be to where the highest wage packet is being offered and not a move to a club with let's say greater potential of staying in the top division and maintaining that level of pay packet for a longer time rather than risk having his wages severely cut in the event of relegation and I for one cannot believe that the nutter who owns Hull won't insist on that particular clause, the difference in wages being offered I suspect will be negligible in the grand scheme of becoming more wealthy.

I think it's more about using Hull as a potential shop window. Most premier league fans won't have a clue who Jonathan Kodjia is at the moment  

By playing in the Prem he'll make a bigger name for himself as well as getting an opportunity to play against some of the worlds best players. Even if he scored 25 here this season he'd be pretty much unknown outside our division. 

The Premier League - like it or not - is a huge, huge draw for players. It's the holy grail. 

At this point with the money involved I'd take it. If he doesn't go he'll be behind Abraham at the moment and ultimately by the end of the season will struggle to pull another 20 goal season off. That will bring his price down this time next year, as will him being one year older and his contract being one year shorter. If we can bank £10 million out of the deal and have some contingency in place then great. In a years time though we will have no Abraham, Kodjia or Wilbraham so hope that scouting team comes up trumps again. 

The money being quoted is redic. 

Delighted if we get that much. He's scored a lot of goals for us I like him and enjoyed him immensely last season, but quite honestly most of the time his end product and the way he strikes the ball a lot of the time leave a lot to be desired. I also fancy Tammy to be in the right position more of the time (as proved by his goals this season) No sour grapes or anything that's simple how it is. If he moves to hull I'll put a bet on that he doesn't score more than two.

Good lucky Jimmy, thanks for the goal, memories and millions!

3 hours ago, RichardEdd said:

Might of already been posted and lost to me somewhere in the 41 pages! but interview after game with sky here and LJ clearly saying he may or may not go but contingencies are in place if he does.

He didn't say what they are though; Wilbraham? bring back Wes? I'm sure that's not what LJ really has in mind - but just saying that there are 'contingencies in place' doesn't really mean anything!

33 minutes ago, italian dave said:

He didn't say what they are though; Wilbraham? bring back Wes? I'm sure that's not what LJ really has in mind - but just saying that there are 'contingencies in place' doesn't really mean anything!

Wilbs or Burns recall wouldn't be the answer. If LJ thought that then he wouldn't be a manager. The money gained would be well utilised, remembering how we made £££'s from Bolasie also.

Players are already shortlisted at least; contacts probably already made for potential replacements too.

3 hours ago, Claude said:

For a one-footed striker? Yes please. I've loved watching Jimmy but we can't turn down stupid money even if it should be from a Championship rival.

Bon chance, Jimmy and thanks for all of the memories.

5 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Your probably correct I expect that he may be seduced by the bright lights of Goole.

You mean he could be grabbed by the Goolies?

13 minutes ago, spudski said:

Can see him going to WBA for over 15m

Has Pulis got over his dislike of foreigners? To be honest I don't really follow the Premiership so I haven't paid attention to whether he's expanded his taste in players.

1 minute ago, Olé said:

Has Pulis got over his dislike of foreigners? To be honest I don't really follow the Premiership so I haven't paid attention to whether he's expanded his taste in players.

Don't know mate...just something I heard through an Agent friend...but anything can change and happen in 3 days.

41 minutes ago, spudski said:

Can see him going to WBA for over 15m

I don't have anyone ITK but I couldn't see that one. Could you imagine selling Berahino for 20m and getting Kodjia for 3/4 that? Doesn't sound like good business though there are other factors to that situation. Most realistic one to me is Crystal Palace. Seems like the don't mind spending some cash and desperately need goals. Also, I think they fancy being one of those teams that push for top 8. 

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

I don't have anyone ITK but I couldn't see that one. Could you imagine selling Berahino for 20m and getting Kodjia for 3/4 that? Doesn't sound like good business though there are other factors to that situation. Most realistic one to me is Crystal Palace. Seems like the don't mind spending some cash and desperately need goals. Also, I think they fancy being one of those teams that push for top 8. 

Palace are getting Remy on loan so that could possibly rule them out.

1 minute ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Palace are getting Remy on loan so that could possibly rule them out.

Jimmy would be behind Benteke, Remy & Wickham. So cant see that one, Hull & Villa in a bidding war is my favourite fantasy atm

4 minutes ago, Big Nose said:

Jimmy would be behind Benteke, Remy & Wickham. So cant see that one, Hull & Villa in a bidding war is my favourite fantasy atm

Unless they prefer two up top. They would need 4 strikers. Also Jimmy can play on a wing of chasing the game. I know Sako has been rumoured out. Still think it's possible but I'll concede much less likely if they do get remy. Doesn't seem like a west Brom type player. Hull would have to break their transfer record. Burnley as well. Boro been in for established forwards. I'd say Stoke are in for a higher calibre player. So who knows? Maybe this is the club trying to drum up interest hoping others come in so they don't have to sell to Derby?

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Unless they prefer two up top. They would need 4 strikers. Also Jimmy can play on a wing of chasing the game. I know Sako has been rumoured out. Still think it's possible but I'll concede much less likely if they do get remy. Doesn't seem like a west Brom type player. Hull would have to break their transfer record. Burnley as well. Boro been in for established forwards. I'd say Stoke are in for a higher calibre player. So who knows? Maybe this is the club trying to drum up interest hoping others come in so they don't have to sell to Derby?

I agree that he is gone now, and understand your argument for palarce, who knows....

Archived