IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread, but just a thought,  Kodjia ( I presume) will be involved with Ivory Coast in this weeks African nations qualifiers, so he's not going to be in this country as of today I wouldn't have thought.

So if he is leaving I would have thought that the deal would have been done by now? because I can't imagine he would leave everything to his agent, even signing his name?. So, could he possibly have been at another club at the weekend in talks ( signing forms etc!) and not just left out of our squad for his own good, as LJ has told us.

Maybe, but if they need to do medical etc think they can sometimes do it at the players camp with the national team doctor etc conducting it for a buying club, signature etc could just be scan document, sign and re-scan? Or fax however it works....

15 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread, but just a thought,  Kodjia ( I presume) will be involved with Ivory Coast in this weeks African nations qualifiers, so he's not going to be in this country as of today I wouldn't have thought.

So if he is leaving I would have thought that the deal would have been done by now? because I can't imagine he would leave everything to his agent, even signing his name?. So, could he possibly have been at another club at the weekend in talks ( signing forms etc!) and not just left out of our squad for his own good, as LJ has told us.

http://www.africanews.com/2016/08/25/psg-s-aurier-returns-to-ivory-coast-squad-for-crucial-afcon-2017-qualifier/

He's been called up....strange that City didn't announce it....they did with O'Dowda.

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

http://www.africanews.com/2016/08/25/psg-s-aurier-returns-to-ivory-coast-squad-for-crucial-afcon-2017-qualifier/

He's been called up....strange that City didn't announce it....they did with O'Dowda.

Your right, very strange. In fact the whole saga is very strange and I feel were being told a few porkies.

Looking at the Angers forum they are talking 15-20 percent sell on of which they  say they will have to give 40 percent to Reims as part of their original purchase sell on.  Having said all that, my French is worse than Del Boys and I'm relying on google translate.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

When was it announced though? If it was today probably no-one in on a Sunday to update the OS

That article was written on 25th so last Thursday. V strange that nothing mentioned by the club. Clearly he's on his way out and the wheels have been in motion for a few days.

14 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

That article was written on 25th so last Thursday. V strange that nothing mentioned by the club. Clearly he's on his way out and the wheels have been in motion for a few days.

Agree.  Kodjia either arrived very early yesterday (reputation for being one of the last), or he didn't arrive at all.  Garita arrived on his own.

I'll be very surprised if he's still here on 1st September.

Funny old world where his departure isn't seen as a disaster after 20 goals.  Just can't believe the impact made by Tammy.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree.  Kodjia either arrived very early yesterday (reputation for being one of the last), or he didn't arrive at all.  Garita arrived on his own.

I'll be very surprised if he's still here on 1st September.

Funny old world where his departure isn't seen as a disaster after 20 goals.  Just can't believe the impact made by Tammy.

Funny old world where we are now getting more for players that leave the club than we paid for them.

5 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

For what it is worth, i believe that a deal for him to go has been completed, subject to us getting our target (s) signed up. No idea who to mind.

This is what I'm thinking. Think once it is announced, a new signing will be a few hours later if not sooner. 

49 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

For what it is worth, i believe that a deal for him to go has been completed, subject to us getting our target (s) signed up. No idea who to mind.

I think you are right.

Remember the nonsense a few weeks ago about Derrick Williams being out of the squad with a "shoulder injury"? Which then miraculously cleared up when Joe Bryan was actually injured and he had to be a sub?

The club knew all along he was going and I think that misinformation is going on when a transfer is imminent.

9 hours ago, General Zod said:

Looking at the Angers forum they are talking 15-20 percent sell on of which they  say they will have to give 40 percent to Reims as part of their original purchase sell on.  Having said all that, my French is worse than Del Boys and I'm relying on google translate.

Yeh, canard in't!

Contrast City fans' reaction to the likely sale of Kodjia with Forest fans' reaction to them selling Burke for a similar amount.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/nottingham-forest-fans-furious-with-fawaz-al-hasawi-over-sale-of-oliver-burke-to-red-bull-leipzig/story-29662868-detail/story.html

While we generally remain calm and seem to have faith that MA and LJ will turn it to our advantage, many Forest fans are furious and have no such faith. Another sign of how much better our club is being run now I think.

Mind you, being £105m in debt it's hard to see how Forest could turn down that amount of money for a player with 10 games behind him.

Can't put my finger on it, but I get the impression KJ, even though he's scored bags of goals and is a talent, hasn't warmed the hearts of the City fans like you would expect?

TA has been here only a short time, but already seems to have some kind of love in starting.

Maybe I'm wrong...but he just doesn't come across as a fans favourite, as you would expect from a top goal scorer...anyone else feel the same way?

10 hours ago, SuperDziek said:

Magners has apparently been called up by Iceland and there`s nothing from the club about that either so this might not mean as much as we think and it`s all just down to a busy bank holiday with the Villa game, Patterson signing etc.

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

Can't put my finger on it, but I get the impression KJ, even though he's scored bags of goals and is a talent, hasn't warmed the hearts of the City fans like you would expect?

TA has been here only a short time, but already seems to have some kind of love in starting.

Maybe I'm wrong...but he just doesn't come across as a fans favourite, as you would expect from a top goal scorer...anyone else feel the same way?

I take your point. Possibly it's because the language barrier means we don't hear much from him? Then again Nicky Maynard wasn't really loved I felt - despite his love for all things Bristolian:whistle:. Wilbs gets much more love because of his personality, not just his role in our double wiinning season.

12 minutes ago, spudski said:

I think one of the major reasons for that is his not being able to speak English, and subsequently not being put up for interview for the first 10 months or so of being here. We've never really got to know him.

Tammy Abraham has very quickly come across as an articulate and likeable young man, while Hordur Magnusson, for example, has quickly made a connection through social media.

16 minutes ago, spudski said:

I've really enjoyed Kodjia's contributions and I know others have too, and I don't think I've supported him any less than any other recent top scorer, but he was never going to be a kiss the badge cult figure which I think has been down to:

1. Aspects of his game are disproportionately raw and undeveloped relative to his other skills. He is also maddeningly selfish yet when he actually gets his head up and plays a team role, he can be very good (Preston away, Norwich away).

2. He can't speak English, has done no interviews, and so very hard for fans to hear how he feels or identify with him. He also doesn't play with a smile on his face. TA started more quickly than JK, smiles a lot, and says lots of nice things.

3. His age (prime already with upside for only a few more years) and the relatively low amount we spent on him, meant that if he was in anyway as good as he has turned out to be, he'd only be passing through, he knew it and so did we.

Probably stating the obvious in all of these but just calling them out. I actually think 2 was most significant - when did we last have someone who couldn't be interviewed - and on balance he's been popular enough for someone we don't hear.

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

Maybe so lads, however....way before social media and interviews on youtube, back in the day, players would become fans favourites purely from their actions on the pitch.

Perhaps attitudes have changed.

I think it's more than that now. Engagement online, interviews etc - performances on the pitch alone Kodjia was one of few things to look forward to at matches between August 2015 - January 2016. He was so unpredictable and interesting to watch, I always felt we had a chance - even if the formation clearly wasn't working - whilst he was playing. 

Archived