IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

3 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Serious question regarding an issue which concerns me a little. If Chelsea received an acceptable bid for Tammy before the window closes from say WBA will this bring about the end of our loan arrangement? I presume that it would.

They have no automatic right to recall, they have signed a 1 year loan agreement and as I understood it the only conditions that allow them to recall are to do with not playing him enough for us or other unsatisfactory playing conditions (how we're playing him, our league position etc). As such I'm sure that the terms of a no-recall deal also include suddenly wanting to sell him.

I think we got much the better deal here, yes his head was turned by an ex Prem club who he is probably hoping will do a Burnley and get promoted first attempt. No we can't compete with parachute payments, but in a way I'm relieved he has gone now and not dragged on sulking and possibly being disruptive.

yes I enjoyed his goals but he frustrated me in equal measures. When he was great, he was great but when he wasn't, well he certainly didn't look like his valuation.

if I was a Villa fan I'd be looking to get more for my money than Kodjia. Imagine the pressure he has put on himself now, he has to deliver, he gone there a a top Championship goal scorer and he got to consistently produce, and consistency isn't his strongpoint.

But I guess like us they are taking a punt, but some punts are more intelligent than others.

Always a shame to see one of best leave......but I did a little happy dance when I saw the fee...and it's not even my money. 

I Will miss his moments of genius for sure

l will not miss the moments pulling out my hair with his continuous offsides.

seems weird that I'm not gutted he's left....I can only put this down to the confidence in and quality currently contained in our squad.

with how well the money has been invested so far I'm quite excited to see what we can do now we have a big earner off the wage bill and a few more quid in the bank to help fund a deal or 2.

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

They have no automatic right to recall, they have signed a 1 year loan agreement and as I understood it the only conditions that allow them to recall are to do with not playing him enough for us or other unsatisfactory playing conditions (how we're playing him, our league position etc). As such I'm sure that the terms of a no-recall deal also include suddenly wanting to sell him.

I think that pretty much sums it up although I guess we could terminate it from our end for disciplinary reasons or something like that, not that that`s likely from what I`ve seen and heard of the lad.

I just think we`re a bit twitchy after what they did to us with Todd Kane.

7 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Thanks……..I should have done my research.   Having read the article……..I say good riddance to him, he's had his head turned by agents, and is not smart enough to realise that he is making a lucrative short term decision, but not a very bright long term one.  Still there is very little loyalty in football anymore, and if a player wants out…….get rid of him before he pollutes the dressing room.   A Very large congrats to the scout who spotted him in France, he's made the club a big profit & probably kept us in the championship last season.  If it wasn't for our scouting system Kodjia would still be in France on a fraction of what he will earn at Villa, instead of ordering a Porsche and a Mansion in Moseley.

No problem. I don't want to be too critical of Kodjia because he was brilliant last year and worth the admission costs but he could've been a bit more loyal and professional. He's got his money now however so hope he finds happiness he couldn't find here 

12 minutes ago, RedM said:

I think we got much the better deal here, yes his head was turned by an ex Prem club who he is probably hoping will do a Burnley and get promoted first attempt. No we can't compete with parachute payments, but in a way I'm relieved he has gone now and not dragged on sulking and possibly being disruptive.

yes I enjoyed his goals but he frustrated me in equal measures. When he was great, he was great but when he wasn't, well he certainly didn't look like his valuation.

if I was a Villa fan I'd be looking to get more for my money than Kodjia. Imagine the pressure he has put on himself now, he has to deliver, he gone there a a top Championship goal scorer and he got to consistently produce, and consistency isn't his strongpoint.

But I guess like us they are taking a punt, but some punts are more intelligent than others.

It is a good point. The pressure on him will be very different than ours were for this £2m player we really did not know.

It does show just how much the parachute payments are distorting this league - how much have Newcastle spent now - but at least this time we have got a serious wedge of it. We cannot compete with that, which is why we are trying Plan B, which really is the only way we have a chance.

10 minutes ago, Olé said:

I think Tammy is extremly well thought of at Chelsea and LJ hinted at such on talksport earlier. I don't belive they will sell him.

Kodjia is a good player, and in a decent side would bang in goals for fun, I will miss him taking on four defenders and coming away with the ball. What I wont miss is his offsides, no passing and missing sitters when he is having an off day (Charlton at home last year anyone). 11 Million rising to 15 is ridiculous, and I think Villa was the wrong choice for him if he wants to play at the top level, if we are judging by Saturday.

It's a Bristol City fantasy that a)Chelsea would sell TA and b) that he'd come here permanently at this stage of his career. If Chelsea put him on the market, a number of lower premier league teams would take him right now. Look at Fletcher at West Ham. Man U kid, played in L1, done reasonably well and got a permanent move to a premier league club where he's played in Europe and started a premier league game already. Anyway, TA will be at Chelsea for at least the next 3 years. I'm sure he believes he can break into that team and why shouldn't he? The new manager has already expressed a positive opinion of the boy. I could see him sticking around the team next year as well. 

Best wishes to JK, thanks for the goals and memories!  Also feel this is an unbelievable bit of business, a massive profit in little over a year! Well done to all concerned. The club have known for ages that a move was coming. With that in mind I have no doubt in their ability to find a suitable replacement(s). Onwards and upwards!!!

COYR!!!

12 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

It's a Bristol City fantasy that a)Chelsea would sell TA and b) that he'd come here permanently at this stage of his career. If Chelsea put him on the market, a number of lower premier league teams would take him right now. Look at Fletcher at West Ham. Man U kid, played in L1, done reasonably well and got a permanent move to a premier league club where he's played in Europe and started a premier league game already. Anyway, TA will be at Chelsea for at least the next 3 years. I'm sure he believes he can break into that team and why shouldn't he? The new manager has already expressed a positive opinion of the boy. I could see him sticking around the team next year as well. 

There is also Brexit to consider for clubs like Chelsea with all their foreign imports. Who knows what the situation will be in three years` time and Tammy is English.

Our reverse fixture against villa clashes with the african nations cup therefore it is unlikely we will face him again this season, and knowing he will be away from duty for 6-8weeks that is a big deal. Kind of takes the edge off the whole selling to a rival thing because 

1> he wont be playing against us

2> our rival wont have him at an important part of the season

3> villa were spending anyway, better in our pocket than another of our competitors 

4> we now have money to spend on replacement(s) 

Win win.

Wtf? People saying Tomlin was more important to us staying up than Kodjia? Haha, what a delusional bunch, he kept our head above water with vital goals against Huddersfield, MK Dons, Wolves, Ipswich, MK Dons again, not to mention the assists like the one for Wilbraham against Forest. Without Kodjia we would've been down by Christmas. 

Just got back from a short break away to this news.

Finding myself not overly bothered - panic buy and superb business for us. I know SL said he would not sell to a rival but you can't turn that down and the way they play as 11 individuals - are they actually a rival? They certainly have another out for himself individual joining so not entirely convinced he will enjoy it much and they will necessarily improve but at end of day - firk him and them - unhappy players are not what we are trying to build - the 11 plus subs who played the second half last week showed commitment JK has not yet learnt.

Fairly relaxed from my break and this has done nothing to change that :cool:

Off to transfer forum now to see which unlikely players are arriving !! :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Wtf? People saying Tomlin was more important to us staying up than Kodjia? Haha, what a delusional bunch, he kept our head above water with vital goals against Huddersfield, MK Dons, Wolves, Ipswich, MK Dons again, not to mention the assists like the one for Wilbraham against Forest. Without Kodjia we would've been down by Christmas. 

Oh! I didn't realise City were a one man team last season............:facepalm:

That's fantastic money for JK, Villa have definitely overpaid there, almost smells of a panic buy and partly I'd guess how close to the end of the window it is too but still, 11m+ after a single season with us is phenomenal. The board have got plenty of stick in the past but deserve a big pat on the back for this one! well done.  Christ we've made some money this window, cant wait to see who we bring in now.  Must be one of, if not, the best transfer window we've ever had?

49 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Serious question regarding an issue which concerns me a little. If Chelsea received an acceptable bid for Tammy before the window closes from say WBA will this bring about the end of our loan arrangement? I presume that it would.

The way I understand it is if Chelsea say sold Tammy to WBA tomorrow for 25 million quid then they would have to loan the 25 million quid to Bristol City for the rest of the season. 

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

I keep hearing that he wanted to leave, and that he no longer wanted to play for Bristol City. Have I missed something……….or is this just conjecture and reading between the lines?  Has Kodjia stated that he wanted to leave (obviously he has achieved is aim) or is this unsubstantiated gossip.  Is it still the case that if Kodjia requested a move, he will  not receive a percentage of the fee….or am I stuck in the past?…and that no longer applies?

AFAIK he pretty much flat out said he wouldn't start at Scunthorpe last week. I said this in the thread before but it got swallowed up. From a mate who works at Glanford Park.

Christ some of you sound like he's recorded himself taking a sh*t on his city shirt, or sound like bitter ex's sat down the pub who've just been dumped telling anyone who will listen how horrible their ex partner was.

I thought he was a good player, exciting to watch, scored a lot of goals for us in a pretty crap team, and seemed like a nice guy and popular in the squad too.

Money grabbing? Didn't "love the club"? Give me a break. He's a professional doing what he thinks is the best thing for his career, and good luck to him I say. We got a tidy amount from it too so everyone's happy... provided we sign a replacement or two which I have faith we will. I took a new job earlier this year as it paid more, was a good career move, and was where I wanted to be more - and I'm sure many of you have done the same. Give the guy a break, a player plays for what, 7-8 clubs in their career at least these days? They'd be kissing a new badge every year to keep some of you lot happy. "Loving the club" is a nonsense, it's a football club, and bar a handful of players most would happily move if they thought it was the best for their professional career, or could earn a substantial amount more.

Good luck JK and thanks for the memories - nice to have a bit of real flair in the side for a change.

Archived