IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

Goodbye and thanks JK.......he does know that offside in the Midlands is still offside?!

Happy days profit wise, let's hope MA, LJ etc have targets identified.  Anyone mentioned Danny Ings for a long term loan?

Feeling confident for the season ahead....COYR!

Maybe we'll find out more about Jimmy's desire to leave in the coming days, but I do know that French people are very proud and that footballers can have big egos, and I can't help but think that the Head Coach's comment that a player in his mid-twenties has the tactical nouse of an 18 year old academy player has motivated him too much! Honesty from LJ is refreshing yes, sometimes it's damaging too, lesson to be learned I think, I for one am really sorry that he's gone.

19 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Christ some of you sound like he's recorded himself taking a sh*t on his city shirt, or sound like bitter ex's sat down the pub who've just been dumped telling anyone who will listen how horrible their ex partner was.

I thought he was a good player, exciting to watch, scored a lot of goals for us in a pretty crap team, and seemed like a nice guy and popular in the squad too.

Money grabbing? Didn't "love the club"? Give me a break. He's a professional doing what he thinks is the best thing for his career, and good luck to him I say. We got a tidy amount from it too so everyone's happy... provided we sign a replacement or two which I have faith we will. I took a new job earlier this year as it paid more, was a good career move, and was where I wanted to be more - and I'm sure many of you have done the same. Give the guy a break, a player plays for what, 7-8 clubs in their career at least these days? They'd be kissing a new badge every year to keep some of you lot happy. "Loving the club" is a nonsense, it's a football club, and bar a handful of players most would happily move if they thought it was the best for their professional career, or could earn a substantial amount more.

Good luck JK and thanks for the memories - nice to have a bit of real flair in the side for a change.

Indeed.  I think the other thing is that loyalty (or the lack thereof) works both ways.  Footballers know clubs will drop them if they sign better players.  Clubs know footballers will move on if better clubs comes in.  It's not nice and it's not pretty but there's no point blaming any individual for the way the game works.  Bottom line is Kodjia got the move he wanted, Villa got the player they wanted and we got the fee we wanted.  Now we move on and get the players we need by tomorrow. 

14 minutes ago, Olé said:

I have literally no idea what prompted this photo, but..... Caption Competition. GO!

JS98276225.jpg

Look like he's at the builders merchants picking up some 2 by 4.

Just had a read on the Villa forum. They seem to think it could be a decent buy and none of us are that bothered because of the fee. I think thats spot on, our squad has decreased in quality without him, but for £11-15million, we have to accept, not only for the amount, but also because he is not worth that.

Although he scored 19 league goals, with the chances he missed it should have been 50! He only scored 19 because no-one else got near the penalty area to shoot and passed it to him.

The fact he has scored 0 goals this year also gives me that bit more confidence that we'll be fine without him. I never 'expected' Kodj to score in a one on one/long range like I did with someone like Maynard. I never felt like he would pop up with a goal or two during a game ... like I do with Tammy.

I think we're gonna be alright!

Archived