IGNORED

City Fans in France

Big Red Rich

So whose going and what are your plans? 

Me and a couple of mates have got tickets for the Slovakia game so planning on spending a couple of nights in Lyon, it's my first tournament so no idea what to expect..

Whose got tickets for the Wales game? I couldn't imagine go abroad to watch England dry.... Any plans to beat the ban??! 

Taking the missus for a mix of sightseeing and football. We were going to work our way down to Marseilles for the Russia game at the fan park on the beach but got spooked by the slight possibility of trouble (not talking about the sort caused by football fans).

So going to Bordeaux instead to mix with the Welsh for their game and ours after. Then up to Lille for the Wales game and home via Ghent.

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Taking the missus for a mix of sightseeing and football. We were going to work our way down to Marseilles for the Russia game at the fan park on the beach but got spooked by the slight possibility of trouble (not talking about the sort caused by football fans).

So going to Bordeaux instead to mix with the Welsh for their game and ours after. Then up to Lille for the Wales game and home via Ghent.

See you in lille mate! 

We're basing ourselves in Bordeaux and watching Wales v Slovakia and Austria v Hungary and then up to Lens for the Wales match. Can't wait! There's nothing like a big international tournament…and for the ticketless I'd have to say that often the best moments are in the fan zones or travelling & not at the matches themselves at all.

9 hours ago, Big Red Rich said:

So whose going and what are your plans? 

Me and a couple of mates have got tickets for the Slovakia game so planning on spending a couple of nights in Lyon, it's my first tournament so no idea what to expect..

Whose got tickets for the Wales game? I couldn't imagine go abroad to watch England dry.... Any plans to beat the ban??! 

Hi mate, I've got tickets for Slovakia and am going to watch England v Wales in Lille. Staying in Lyon for 17th and 18th June. Where are your tickets for the     Slovakia game - behind the goal?

I'm going to St Etienne (less than an hours drive for me) for the Slovakia match although I don't have a ticket. However (I don't known about the UK press) but here in France it has been reported that IS are potentially targeting an attack on England fans either within the fan zones or in bars. Of course it could just all be scaremongering but if you are going be vigilant and above all be safe.

Have tickets for the three England group games and guaranteed knockout tickets for as far as England go (but will be refunded for the rounds England don't play in if and when we're eliminated). 

Flying Heathrow to Amsterdam on Thursday, then Amsterdam to Marseille on Friday. 2 nights in Marseille, then back to London. 

Flying to Brussels and then getting the train across to northern France for the Wales game. 

Then Brussels to Lyon for a few days, from where it's easy to get to St Etienne for the third game. 

Have made a couple of fully refundable bookings to cover permutations for the last 16, but nothing beyond that. One of the good things about this tournament is how much easier it is from a logistical point of view than our last 3 tournaments - Brazil (4 hour internal flights), eastern Ukraine and South Africa. If we do go far in the tournament (I live in hope rather than expectation), it will be easy enough to book last minute travel for all the games.

I'm jealous of the lot of you, I had follow your team tickets for euro 2004 and stayed out there for 4 weeks , best experience football wise I've ever had. Atmosphere at games , the build up to matches, fan zones, the whole trip was amazing. Been to many England matches home and away but tournament football is at a different level. Have to say on a negative note the whole security thing worries me about France 2016 especially being so close to Belgium , but hey you could get knocked over on the way to work. 

Travelling out next week for a month, mix of holiday and work.  Going to England v Russia and Slovakia, and then conditional tickets from quarters onwards.  Have a mix of other games, including 2 quarters and both semis.  Based down in Nice and Mougins but travelling as games require.

Likely my last tournament for a while, possibly last one ever: no real interest in Russia and Qatar, and then I am a real old git.

Flying next Wednesday from Victoria to Gatwick to see my dad. Land Thursday morning.  Straight back to the local in Corsham for England V Wales. 

Flight from Bristol to Marseilles on the Saturday. Meet up with the rest of our crew. Mix of English, Canadians. Australians, even an Egyptian! We have rented a massive house with pool between Avignon and Nîmes. 

Tickets for ENG v SLO (can't wait) then POR v HUN. 

Then travel to Paris for Two nights. Ticket for B1 round of 16 game on the Saturday.  Then flight to Nice for B2 round of 16 in the Monday. 

Fly back to Canada on Tuesday 28. I am the only City fan in our gang, most of em Man U fans. But fair play they do go to games from Canada. 

May see you out there.  Will have my Bristol City Loyal flag. 

Stevo

9 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

Flying next Wednesday from Victoria to Gatwick to see my dad. Land Thursday morning.  Straight back to the local in Corsham for England V Wales. 

Flight from Bristol to Marseilles on the Saturday. Meet up with the rest of our crew. Mix of English, Canadians. Australians, even an Egyptian! We have rented a massive house with pool between Avignon and Nîmes. 

Then travel to Paris for Two nights. Ticket for B1 round of 16 game on the Saturday.  Then flight to Nice for B2 round of 16 in the Monday. 

Fly back to Canada on Tuesday 28. I am the only City fan in our gang, most of em Man U fans. But fair play they do go to games from Canada. 

Stevo

Fair play mate.. sounds like your sorted. Have a goodun.

Serious question, is anyone else heading out starting to brick it a little at the thought of terrorism? My girls were asking about it at the weekend, I didn't know what to say.....I made out I hadn't thought about it, but that was just a teeny, weeny little lie....!

8 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Serious question, is anyone else heading out starting to brick it a little at the thought of terrorism? My girls were asking about it at the weekend, I didn't know what to say.....I made out I hadn't thought about it, but that was just a teeny, weeny little lie....!

Not bricking it.  Am I aware that something could nasty happen in the month I am there?  Yes.  Have I changed any of my travel plans based on the risk of being a victim? No.

11 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

Stevo

Hope to see you dancing sur le Pont.

Managed to pick up a pair on Friday for the Nice R16 game. 

38 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I would say I am aware of the potential for a terrorist attack. Like modern life today, you have to be vigilant and make your own assessments of the risk and its consequences.  

My travel plans are off, if they actually target Euro 2016. If suicide bombers start blowing themselves up at stadiums and fan zones, I would imagine the tournament will be impacted massively.  

Games behind close doors,  games played on different days or worst case the tournament is cancelled.  

The French security forces will have a huge job on their hands over the next month or so. 

I hope they have the place locked down tight. One of our lads was at the French Open. He said he was checked 3 times for wearing a vest.  

Stevo

8 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

Doing a couple of games this weekend.

Fly to Marseille Friday for the England game on the Saturday.

Then Train it across to Nice Sunday morning for Northern Ireland v Poland. Night in Nice then fly back Monday morning.

Also picked up that same N Ireland v Poland game on Friday.  See you in Marseille and/or Nice.

Got tickets for Spain v Czechs (Toulouse), Belgium v Ireland (Toulouse), Italy v Ireland (Bordeaux), Ukraine v Poland (Marseille). Will be in Nice Friday to Sunday too. Have a spare for the Spain game if anyone's interested....

A friend I'm going with has tickets for England v Slovakia so will try and pick one up for that somehow, depending on price. 

On the terrorism thing, I don't think there's much chance of any problems in the grounds/fanzones, given security will be ridiculously tight. I guess 'soft' targets such as bars are a possibility, but I'm trying not to think about that - and it won't affect what I do out there. 

17 hours ago, North London Red said:

Have tickets for the three England group games and guaranteed knockout tickets for as far as England go (but will be refunded for the rounds England don't play in if and when we're eliminated). 

Flying Heathrow to Amsterdam on Thursday, then Amsterdam to Marseille on Friday. 2 nights in Marseille, then back to London. 

Flying to Brussels and then getting the train across to northern France for the Wales game. 

Then Brussels to Lyon for a few days, from where it's easy to get to St Etienne for the third game. 

Have made a couple of fully refundable bookings to cover permutations for the last 16, but nothing beyond that. One of the good things about this tournament is how much easier it is from a logistical point of view than our last 3 tournaments - Brazil (4 hour internal flights), eastern Ukraine and South Africa. If we do go far in the tournament (I live in hope rather than expectation), it will be easy enough to book last minute travel for all the games.

You lucky bar ... tender.

Archived