IGNORED

City Fans in France

Big Red Rich

2 hours ago, cider-manc said:

Doing a couple of games this weekend.

Fly to Marseille Friday for the England game on the Saturday.

Then Train it across to Nice Sunday morning for Northern Ireland v Poland. Night in Nice then fly back Monday morning.

Nice

3 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Serious question, is anyone else heading out starting to brick it a little at the thought of terrorism? My girls were asking about it at the weekend, I didn't know what to say.....I made out I hadn't thought about it, but that was just a teeny, weeny little lie....!

I'd be more worried about the strikes and fuel shortage at the moment TBH

I was going to go to England Russia but I was only offered tickets that were £175 each with is certainly out of my price range. I went in 2010 and it was an indescribable experience watching England in a tournament. I think this one will have to be at home. Russia 2018 does tempt me however.

Fly to Geneva Sunday 19, train across to Lyon, watching Rumania v Albania!!!! Train across to St Etienne on Monday morning England v Slovakia then taxi back to Lyon.

Have to admit, thought about threat and the fact it would be England fans that would be a likely target, or a big match like the opening ceremony.

2 hours ago, Red Derek said:

Fly to Geneva Sunday 19, train across to Lyon, watching Rumania v Albania!!!! Train across to St Etienne on Monday morning England v Slovakia then taxi back to Lyon.

Have to admit, thought about threat and the fact it would be England fans that would be a likely target, or a big match like the opening ceremony.

Why taxi back to Lyon? That's got to be expensive!!!!

6 hours ago, NiceRed said:

Got tickets for Spain v Czechs (Toulouse), Belgium v Ireland (Toulouse), Italy v Ireland (Bordeaux), Ukraine v Poland (Marseille). Will be in Nice Friday to Sunday too. Have a spare for the Spain game if anyone's interested....

A friend I'm going with has tickets for England v Slovakia so will try and pick one up for that somehow, depending on price. 

On the terrorism thing, I don't think there's much chance of any problems in the grounds/fanzones, given security will be ridiculously tight. I guess 'soft' targets such as bars are a possibility, but I'm trying not to think about that - and it won't affect what I do out there. 

6 of us have tickets for the Spain game in Toulouse as well!,  a few good bars in and around the city I know of!

7 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Serious question, is anyone else heading out starting to brick it a little at the thought of terrorism? My girls were asking about it at the weekend, I didn't know what to say.....I made out I hadn't thought about it, but that was just a teeny, weeny little lie....!

Changed our plans away from Marseilles. England v Russia in the Muslim ville of Europe was a step too far for us.

9 minutes ago, frenchred said:

6 of us have tickets for the Spain game in Toulouse as well!,  a few good bars in and around the city I know of!

A wonderful town.

Steer well clear of the railway station, anywhere within walking distance of Capitole is good fun and lively at night.

If you are looking for a 'home from home', there is an English themed pub - Le Frog and Roast Beef': a bit tacky, but lively and will show live matches on numerous screens.

2 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

A wonderful town.

Steer well clear of the railway station, anywhere within walking distance of Capitole is good fun and lively at night.

If you are looking for a 'home from home', there is an English themed pub - Le Frog and Roast Beef': a bit tacky, but lively and will show live matches on numerous screens.

The Melting Pot is also ok although it gets a bit packed. The Carpe Diem in Cornebarrieu is fantastic and sells Thatchers gold, bit out the way though although they have Sky sports and a huge expat community!

5 minutes ago, frenchred said:

The Melting Pot is also ok although it gets a bit packed. The Carpe Diem in Cornebarrieu is fantastic and sells Thatchers gold, bit out the way though although they have Sky sports and a huge expat community!

Are you based in or around Toulouse?

6 minutes ago, frenchred said:

I

I was, lived there for 11 years but now back in Bristol although still get out there at least once a month

I used to be in Toulouse monthly or thereabouts, overnight stay and always a good dinner/night out.

Now it is limited to once every two months or so - in to Blagnac, hire car and up to Montauban before driving back and return to Paris the same day.

Not at all the same thing! 

1 hour ago, Red Derek said:

Working on assumption if there are trains back at that time of night they will be full. Budgeting on roughly £100 taxi between three of us.

Fair shout, although SNCF have put on 2 extra trains recently, will be a lot cheaper than a taxi! 

1 hour ago, Red Derek said:

Working on assumption if there are trains back at that time of night they will be full. Budgeting on roughly £100 taxi between three of us.

I was responding to BRR and missed your response as this came in at the same time.

French trains have reserved seats - I have no idea what time you intend returning, but if a train is available book it and you will have a reserved seat. It is well worth paying a small supplement for a 1st class seat.

10 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I was responding to BRR and missed your response as this came in at the same time.

French trains have reserved seats - I have no idea what time you intend returning, but if a train is available book it and you will have a reserved seat. It is well worth paying a small supplement for a 1st class seat.

35 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

Fair shout, although SNCF have put on 2 extra trains recently, will be a lot cheaper than a taxi! 

Thanks BRR will look at booking in the morning. Cheers fella.

2 hours ago, Big Red Rich said:

Are all the trains running again then? Chaos if not.

Such envy is not healthy but i feel it. Have safe and enjoyable travels y'all.

btw... Is it possible to work out which of two cities we would play in should we reach a quarter final or too early for that?

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

btw... Is it possible to work out which of two cities we would play in should we reach a quarter final or too early for that?

All four are possible.

Lille for the quarter final if we win the group and win the last 16 game.

Paris for the quarter final if we finish second in the group and win the last 16 game.

Bordeaux for the quarter final if we finish third in the group and end up playing team C1 in Lille in the last 16 (and win).

Marseille for the quarter final if we finish third in the group and end up playing team D1 in Lens in the last 16 (and win).

10 hours ago, Shtanley said:

I was going to go to England Russia but I was only offered tickets that were £175 each with is certainly out of my price range. I went in 2010 and it was an indescribable experience watching England in a tournament. I think this one will have to be at home. Russia 2018 does tempt me however.

There are tickets for face value for this game. There is a Facebook group.  Just under 5000 members. All tickets face value only.  

Lots of tickets available. 

PM me for Facebook invite.

6 hours ago, frenchred said:

Long shot I know but still looking for 3 tickets for England v Russia if anyone has any leads!

At the risk of sounding repetitive.  There is a Facebook group that deals in Face Value only.  We are hoping it's a blow to touts. 

I can help with invite 

PM me

Clearly going to be a target and the guy caught the other day clearly proves it.

However, the intelligence between so many nations should more difficult for an attack to be successful. I really hope I'm proved correct, I do think there will be disruption to some games because the authorities will not take the risk.

The biggest risk to fans will be the fan parks, but I think those in the grounds will generally he safe.

It's a sad , sad world we live in and we even are discussing this 

15 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

Funnily enough, that's exactly my plans too.

I'll be the guy in the City bucket hat (old robin badge) - come say hello if you see me!

14 hours ago, northsomersetred said:

I'd be more worried about the strikes and fuel shortage at the moment TBH

We'll fill up this side of the tunnel, more than enough fuel to get us to Lille and back, although you know the French will be as big a pain in the arse as possible during the tournament

5 of us driving over for a week via the Eurotunnel, 2 nights Marseille, 2 nights Lyon then 2 in Amiens, got tickets for Russia and Wales games.

Looking for tickets for Italy v Belgium in Lyon on the 13th?

8 hours ago, North London Red said:

All four are possible.

Lille for the quarter final if we win the group and win the last 16 game.

Paris for the quarter final if we finish second in the group and win the last 16 game.

Bordeaux for the quarter final if we finish third in the group and end up playing team C1 in Lille in the last 16 (and win).

Marseille for the quarter final if we finish third in the group and end up playing team D1 in Lens in the last 16 (and win).

Thanks a lot for that. How ruddy complicated they make things these days!!!

6 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

There are tickets for face value for this game. There is a Facebook group.  Just under 5000 members. All tickets face value only.  

Lots of tickets available. 

PM me for Facebook invite.

Yes please.

6 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

At the risk of sounding repetitive.  There is a Facebook group that deals in Face Value only.  We are hoping it's a blow to touts. 

I can help with invite 

PM me

Yes please. 

Archived