IGNORED

City Fans in France

Big Red Rich

4 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

No chance. My wife's name is on my ticket and she isn't travelling. In fact her name is on 4 tickets. It's impossible to enforce. 

Usually if you have a valid ticket and valid ID you will be absolutely fine. 

Stevo

100% this. My mate sorted our tickets out therefore his name is on the tickets. Why would they sell someone more than 1 ticket for the same game if this is the case? Think about it? The only way this could be enforced is if the person buying the tickets had to give names of the individuals in his party to go onto the tickets. 

1 hour ago, Big Red Rich said:

100% this. My mate sorted our tickets out therefore his name is on the tickets. Why would they sell someone more than 1 ticket for the same game if this is the case? Think about it? The only way this could be enforced is if the person buying the tickets had to give names of the individuals in his party to go onto the tickets. 

It's more the name on the ticket has to be in the party entering the ground in terms of the individual tickets (not corporate )

Hey they may do the usual thing and let people through. But I am aware that stewards in France have been told to be very strict about this, More specifically those working at tolouse's ground... You have to assume that will be carried over to other grounds concerning the current terrorism level in the country.

If you are passing on a ticket with your name on it to someone you don't know, it would probably be best for all concerned if it was not to a guy dressed all in black with 30lbs of semtex strapped to his chest....

Sell him the ticket with your mates name on it instead.

12 hours ago, TRL said:

The risk of attack has pushed this to the fore. Many tournaments previously had the same stipulation but generally overlooked due to the headache of hearding people into the ground. Unfortunately  with the massively heightened security concerns I believe this tournament could actually follow through on the checks.

Possibly right but 2 English lads turning up to a game with tickets in an English name won't be causing any real level of concern to anyone. They can't be expecting everyone going matches to be taking their passports with them, so I'm sure in this instance there won't be any issue. 

To be clear on this.....we have 4 tickets to Russia - Slovakia, all in the name of one of our group

He needs some kind of identification, presume the remaining 3 of us are ok to just walk in without identification?

Reminds me of going to the post office to change some euros back to pounds after a holiday a few years ago:

Carol - hello Ade, you look tanned, nice holiday?
Me - brilliant thanks Carol, even got some money left over to change back
Carol - no problem Ade, girls enjoy it too?
Me - (handing money over) yeah, they loved it too thanks
Carol - thanks Ade, have you got any ID.......

:tumbleweed:

16 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

To be clear on this.....we have 4 tickets to Russia - Slovakia, all in the name of one of our group

He needs some kind of identification, presume the remaining 3 of us are ok to just walk in without identification?

I suppose I would say if you want to be ultra-cautious then yes he should probably have a photo ID on him however I expect in reality he'll need nothing.

At the recent Germany - England game in Berlin the security checks on entering the ground were excellent and put me at ease as this was shortly after the Brussels attacks.

Flying out tomorrow buuuuuuuuuuuuzz :chant6ez:

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I suppose I would say if you want to be ultra-cautious then yes he should probably have a photo ID on him however I expect in reality he'll need nothing.

At the recent Germany - England game in Berlin the security checks on entering the ground were excellent and put me at ease as this was shortly after the Brussels attacks.

Cheers Kid

I did read that there's a double search on entry to grounds and fan parks, that makes me feel a little easier about things!

Safe trip, we're heading down to Lille on Tuesday night, can't wait now

20 minutes ago, TRL said:

Well just having a drink in the melting pot in Toulouse now. Sun is shining all's good. Bring on the footie

Just had lunch by a lake just outside sunny Bordeaux. Found a restaurant to watch the opening match in tomorrow. Bring on the footie indeed!

5 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Just had lunch by a lake just outside sunny Bordeaux. Found a restaurant to watch the opening match in tomorrow. Bring on the footie indeed!

I'm off to Bordeaux tomorrow for 2 nights. Happy days.

Then back to Toulouse for the Spain Czech republic match.

I think I could be a little tipsy by the time my mate meets me from work. Cold beer going down well

2 hours ago, Red Exile said:

Just arrived at my base in the mountains behind Nice. Last of the tickets collected at the Allianz.  Already a couple of glasses of rose down and heading into the old town tomorrow to watch the France game with the in-laws. 

6 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I suspect that, unlike the wishy-washy, don`t want to offend anyone, British security organisations the French authorities will be profiling the hell out of everyone approaching the stadium. Four half-pissed sunburnt lads in England shirts with a huge cross of St George aren`t going to fit what they`re looking for. Most of this stuff is information based anyway and anyone suspect will be taken out quietly a long way from any stadium/fan park. The French cannot afford for anything to happen and there will no doubt be a lot of undercover security from other countries that we don`t know about present too. Any Chechens for instance who are considering anything will be thinking very carefully about the presence of Russian special forces mingling with the crowds.

Anyway, here`s hoping you all have a great time and stay safe people. I`m just hoping the French TV technicians don`t decide to strike now!

3 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

hi stevo hope i have the right guy stick here mate im on the easy jet flight to marseille on sat hope to see you at the airport. never posted before so you might note see this

Yes Stick it's me!!! 

I am gonna PM you

6 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Just been emailed about these - annoying as missed out previously and curtailed the trip to lens only. 

They are face value 40 quid each btw

Makes you wonder why UEFA sat on these for so long. 

Makes no sense to hold tickets back when they had the portal open at various times.

I guess they have their reasons

3 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

hi stevo hope i have the right guy stick here mate im on the easy jet flight to marseille on sat hope to see you at the airport. never posted before so you might note see this

Stick!

You ginger shitehouse!

On 7 June 2016 at 15:08, Kid in the Riot said:

Anyone got any tips/recommendations for Nice, as we have a couple of 'rest' days there inbetween the Russia and Wales games?

@NiceRed or are you just a nice guy?

Hello mate - I was in Nice on Wednesday night, as you would expect the old town is where to head. Les Distilleries Ideales is ok, Chez Wayne's a lot livelier. In the unlikely event you are looking for a Michelin restaurant Jan's is excellent.

I'm in Cannes now and will be in Marseilles tomorrow, any idea where you are drinking before the game?

I'm flying home on Sunday then driving over to France for the Wales game. Have tickets for all England games through to the final so will then stay out as long as England are in.

I hope everyone has a great time out there but it still doesn't sit well with me that France are hosting the Euros.

Weird that they should be selected to host the football in 2016 in the same year they are awarded the French Open in tennis and the Tour de France.

Coincidence or corruption?

13 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I personally wouldn't want to be at the England v Russia game. Sounds like a nightmare!

I talked to a guy who watched England v Tunisia at France 98 In Marseille. He said it was pretty dodgy. Local men from the estates near by would gather and come down for a scrap with the English in town. He said the majority of the time the Police would disappear and they'd revel in it as the English were always game in fighting back. 

Kicking off again by the looks of things. We're not helping matters by singing  'Isis, where are you'!?... (Allegedly).. Good lord. 

14 minutes ago, Cunnyfunt said:

I talked to a guy who watched England v Tunisia at France 98 In Marseille. He said it was pretty dodgy. Local men from the estates near by would gather and come down for a scrap with the English in town. He said the majority of the time the Police would disappear and they'd revel in it as the English were always game in fighting back. 

Kicking off again by the looks of things. We're not helping matters by singing  'Isis, where are you'!?... (Allegedly).. Good lord. 

Surely they're not singing that, rule britannia was echoing round the streets

10 minutes ago, Cunnyfunt said:

Exactly. And in 1998 there was nowhere near the same kind of tension caused by international politics as there is now. 

Multicultural Marseille + psyched up England fans + threat of terrorism + Russia... Think I'll watch the game from the comfort of my local pub!

Archived