IGNORED

Euro 2016 thread

Super

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Funny enough I was making the same point to some mates last night, albeit coming at it from a different angle. 

The lino did incredibly, unbelievably well to not give it offside. Rather than celebrate I shouted "offside" to try and calm mate mates down from the obvious heartbreak I thought would follow. But he was right  

Hats off to the Lino. Brilliant call. 

I think it must have been one of the assistants behind the goal, the lino would never have seen it. If so then maybe its worth having them there after all!

Perhaps of interest to those fans who were in Lille yesterday, there has been flash flooding today to the extent that (in some areas) roads are under feet of water; the Lille fan zone has been closed until tomorrow earliest and there is even mention of France's game against Switzerland on Sunday being under threat if the rain worsens.

Despite all Croatia's fine pass and move, it is two Czech mistakes in losing the ball sloppily in their own half, leaving their back line exposed and wide open, that has "created" Croatia's two goals. We know how the Czech's feel - it is just like watching City last August to mid January.

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Perhaps of interest to those fans who were in Lille yesterday, there has been flash flooding today to the extent that (in some areas) roads are under feet of water; the Lille fan zone has been closed until tomorrow earliest and there is even mention of France's game against Switzerland on Sunday being under threat if the rain worsens.

We went through Lille on the Eurostar on the way home this afternoon and the place was absolutely saturated. 

3 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

What the hell...?

Radio commentators noted that a banner was unfurled, perhaps some of the crowd took exception to whatever it said?

Huge bang when a firework went off too, apparently very close to a steward.

a flare/firework went off on the pitch while one of the stewards was trying to retrieve it, sent him flying. He was helped off the pitch, not sure how he is

2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

a flare/firework went off on the pitch while one of the stewards was trying to retrieve it, sent him flying. He was helped off the pitch, not sure how he is

Bloody hell. Crazy stuff. Radio commentators saying that it clearly disturbed the Croatian players and fupped them up.

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

No love lost between Russia and Croatia, all goes back to the 2nd World War when Croatia were seen as Nazi sympathisers.

Hoping to see Czech republic vs Slovakia or Russia vs Ukraine, unfortunately I don't think the teams would get far enough/finish in the right positions to play each other

6 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Can you imagine giving him Tetris? He'd used the down arrow to bring down all of the pieces really quickly paying no attention to where to put them. 

Either that or he'd just give the gameboy away to one of the opposing subs. 

He wouldn't get past the fact it needs AA batteries....

10 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

He wouldn't get past the fact it needs AA batteries....

These highly paid superstars have people to deal with that sort of thing. I think I remember reading that some Man Utd import had a number provided by the club that he could ring if he needed a light bulb changing in his house and someone would come round and do it for him!

Archived