IGNORED

Euro 2016 thread

Super

3 minutes ago, OneCity said:

Hodgson said:

So Neville has gone. And hopefully gone means gone.

Give the job to boris 

so as a Welsh friend of mine has just said 

quote from Woy

'The players did everything I asked of them '

ahhh so he asked them to play shit 

you couldn't write it could you 

3 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

Give the job to boris 

so as a Welsh friend of mine has just said 

quote from Woy

'The players did everything I asked of them '

ahhh so he asked them to play shit 

you couldn't write it could you 

The sad thing is, that a new team, worse results.

Hodgson has shown himself to be completely tactically inept. Also called up a totally imbalanced squad. Players really haven't showered themselves in any glory at all.

Its the same question after every tournament? Where now? Yet this time it got even worse.

Maybe its time to start looking at players from outside the PL? There really is something sadly wrong. I have no doubt imo that a team of championship players would have done better. I also feel if this England team would of played Bristol Rovers they would of lost.

3 minutes ago, 054123 said:

What a shite team. Forget about Roy, if you can't see that the team is full of average players at best then I feel sorry for you. It's not about the system or lack of, it's just a shit, shit team. 

This, plus gutless too.

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I thought it was quite funny after about 60 mins

We enjoyed it from the first goal onwards. I genuinely felt a bit gutted that they didn't get the third they deservedo.  Our penalty was a joke, the ball was running out at best but sadly I expect Stirling would have reached it and knocked it out for a throw in.

3 minutes ago, 054123 said:

What a shite team. Forget about Roy, if you can't see that the team is full of average players at best then I feel sorry for you. It's not about the system or lack of, it's just a shit, shit team. 

Come on these players maybe average but **** me we should still beat Iceland! We had no organisation and no ideas. 

11 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Resignation speech penned before the game then. 

Inspiring winning mentality from the man in charge. Good riddance 

Don't think so in fairness. Yes it was a prepared statement, but I guess the England press officer is at the game and could have written that in 5 minutes. 

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Same here. There comes a point where you can't be angry any longer and just have to laugh. 

I'm used to us underachieving at tournaments, but there was something so spectacularly inept about tonight that I can't help but find funny. 

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Agreed. Sad to say. Easier in some ways for a City fan to identify with the Iceland players and their desire to upset the odds.

I feel sorry for the fans who travel. I was amongst them for the Wales game. The supporters turned in one hell of a performance that afternoon. They deserve, we deserve, something better than this shower.

Can't wait - as someone else said - for the real football to start…but in the meantime there's some quality football to enjoy at the Euros…my money would be on Italy. Great side…real classy and gritty players.

5 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Don't think so in fairness. Yes it was a prepared statement, but I guess the England press officer is at the game and could have written that in 5 minutes. 

I know you're only making a suggestion, but if he had someone else write it, then that's even worse! 

Resigning and England losing should not have even been on his radar. Confidence comes from the top

Our back 4 is Walker smalling, cahill and rose. How good are they supposed to be?

Jack Wilshere and Jordan Henderson in the middle?

Raheem Stirling? Good God. I don't know how the EPL hype train is going to cover this shite up and convince you that it's great what man city and Chelsea are doing because the metrics in China are through the roof.

Archived