IGNORED

2016-17 fixtures

22A

The coming season's fixtures are released at 9.00am on Wednesday 22nd June. At least this year we know we won't be away to Blackpool on the opening day.

A provisional fixture list is released about a week in advance to the clubs and their local constabularies for approval and it allows amendments to be made. For example, City were meant to play at Colchester on the afternoon of August Bank Holiday. Essex Constab had it moved to the Tuesday night as they would be policing a music festival on the BH Monday.

Anyone know when the League Cup 1st round ties are announced? The League's website doesn't say. (Yes I know we'll be away to Gillingham, thanks). http://www.efl.com/global/keydates.aspx

The first League Games are scheduled for Saturday August 6th with that 1st round a few days later. May 6th is the end of the regular season with May 29th being the Play off final.

On 13 June 2016 at 18:49, 22A said:

The coming season's fixtures are released at 9.00am on Wednesday 22nd June. At least this year we know we won't be away to Blackpool on the opening day.

Haven't we only ever been away to Blackpool, on the first day of the season, twice in our entire history?

Does that warrant your comment?!

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Haven't we only ever been away to Blackpool, on the first day of the season, twice in our entire history?

Does that warrant your comment?!

Most years someone claims  to have been shown the provisional list by a friend who works at the club. They then post that it's Blackpool away. Much the same way others post "City are not allowed to be at home during the balloon festival" etc.

• Admin
On 6/13/2016 at 18:49, 22A said:

Anyone know when the League Cup 1st round ties are announced?

As strange as it sounds there doesn't seem to be any information anywhere on this - histroically it was alwasy the Tuesday in the week before the full fixture release

I wonder if there are last minute negotiations about the sponsorship of the trophy, with Capital One's sponsorship ending last season - and this season was to be known as the "Football League Cup".

9 hours ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

Anyone know why Premier league fixtures are announced a week before the rest of us mere mortals? Can't recall this happening before 

Doesn't appear to be any reason given - fully expect the EPL are so self centred that they wanted their release to be on their own date

• Admin
50 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

From one of LJ's interviews he seemed to imply our 1st game would be at home, maybe to do with the rugby, they will probably play Saturdays now they're in the Prem?

Strangely in rugby the fixtures work bottom to top - I know a friend at Weston Hornets and they have had next seasons fixtures for a while

Apart from TV coverage can't imagine Bristol would not stay with Friday and Sundays

The number of idiots on there (including 2 sags) going off on one at the FL for ruining the competition by including Prem B teams....despite several people clarifying that this is the league cup, not to be confused with the EFL Trophy!  It's not bloody rocket science....there's even a picture of the sodding thing there!

Did we win in the 1st round of the League Cup last season?? Can't remember for the life of me, it's not a very Bristol City thing to do, but in the back of my mind I think we did?

Edit - actually, didn't we get dicked at Luton?? That feels much more like a Bristol City thing to do. So, does it matter when the 1st round draw is, we all know the outcome......or can we get the Blue Few??

24 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Did we win in the 1st round of the League Cup last season?? Can't remember for the life of me, it's not a very Bristol City thing to do, but in the back of my mind I think we did?

Edit - actually, didn't we get dicked at Luton?? That feels much more like a Bristol City thing to do. So, does it matter when the 1st round draw is, we all know the outcome......or can we get the Blue Few??

Dicked at Luton it was, the real surprise was not facing Gillingham

On 15 June 2016 at 10:28, 22A said:

Most years someone claims  to have been shown the provisional list by a friend who works at the club. They then post that it's Blackpool away. Much the same way others post "City are not allowed to be at home during the balloon festival" etc.

How often have City been at home on the ballon fiesta weekend? To me it makes perfect sense that we would try and avoid it wherever possible.

15 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

How often have City been at home on the ballon fiesta weekend? To me it makes perfect sense that we would try and avoid it wherever possible.

I wasn't aware of a history of violence between these two sets of fans. Do they have a big firm? Thanks for the heads up. Be safe fellow reds, avoid eye contact with anyone in a 'Cameron Balloons' top that weekend.

27 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

3-0 defeat to millwall under copout was the last time I think,

48 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

I wasn't aware of a history of violence between these two sets of fans. Do they have a big firm? Thanks for the heads up. Be safe fellow reds, avoid eye contact with anyone in a 'Cameron Balloons' top that weekend.

Ah, is that what that is? My eyesight isn't very good, I always figured it was one of those fearsome African firms when I saw 'Cameroon Balloons' up! 

I don't want to 'waste' a Newcastle or Villa sell out by getting them first game at home. I think those two games will sell out regardless and that we have a good chance of selling out the first home game, unless it's against Rotherham or Burton etc. 

Perfect day would be Leeds first home game and a home draw vs a Rovers in cup. 

Archived