IGNORED

New rule

Berts city

26 minutes ago, Berts city said:

Did anyone know of a rule change to ko you can now shoot direct from a ko ? 

It was used today against my u10s where the opposition scored.

I thought the fa were trying to get all kids to play football the right way instead of lumping it.

My son's 25 now but I can well remember the ball being nudged to one side at a kick of for someone to have a blast at goal. It's only done by terrible, result obsessed coaches with little lads playing on full sized pitches with full sized goals. It's not a tactic that translates to older ages or adults. Good coaches teach skills and play properly...

11 minutes ago, Calculus said:

My son's 25 now but I can well remember the ball being nudged to one side at a kick of for someone to have a blast at goal. It's only done by terrible, result obsessed coaches with little lads playing on full sized pitches with full sized goals. It's not a tactic that translates to older ages or adults. Good coaches teach skills and play properly...

My point exactly, my boys wanted to do it in the next game, I called them all together and told them we play the right way in the right spirit of the game and we won't be doing it. 

29 minutes ago, Berts city said:

if our keeper didn't get a hand on it, it wouldn't of counted but because he touched it and the ball went in it was a goal ! madness.

If this is the case then surely opposition keepers will just be instructed to stand aside should anyone shoot from the kick off, and thus the rule immediately becomes irrelevant anyway?

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If this is the case then surely opposition keepers will just be instructed to stand aside should anyone shoot from the kick off, and thus the rule immediately becomes irrelevant anyway?

This is what we were saying a pointless change to a rule.

18 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Does the ball no longer have to go forward from a kick off? I'm sure I've seen it passed back a couple of times in the Euros.

Yep, that is a rule change.

The other is not hugely different I think. Pretty sure the fastest goal ever was somebody making a short pass forward, which a second player then whacked. Appreciate the first player can try his luck, but it still needs to touch a second player. A kick off is now pretty much the same as an indirect free kick now in that it can go in any direction.

The OCD in me wants to know what happens if you whack it back now and put it in your own goal with no one touching it. A corner?

Is this really a rule change?  By my reading of what you've said, your keeper got a hand to an indirect free kick, which has always been an indirect free kick, thus securing a goal? 

Surely the reason we don't see this often is because you're 9 times out of 10 likely to be wasting possession of the ball.

I do know that there is a rule that states that the ball can now be passed backwards, but besides that I'm not aware of any other change to kick off.

1 hour ago, cityexile said:

The other is not hugely different I think. Pretty sure the fastest goal ever was somebody making a short pass forward, which a second player then whacked. Appreciate the first player can try his luck, but it still needs to touch a second player. A kick off is now pretty much the same as an indirect free kick now in that it can go in any direction.

The OCD in me wants to know what happens if you whack it back now and put it in your own goal with no one touching it. A corner?

We'll probably find out it counts as a goal when defending a 1 goal lead (having just conceded in the 90th minute) and send the ball back to the keeper who misses the ball completely, resulting in a draw and an embarrassing 50 yard own goal.

12 hours ago, cityexile said:

I assume it would be a corner. Is kick off classed as a free kick?

As far back as 2010 this law has been in place (possibly longer - that's the earliest I could find on the fifa website), so this is definitely not a new rule.  You can make your keeper feel better though by letting him know that his lack of touch led to the goal, rather than the touch itself!

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2010_11_e.pdf  Page 29 of 140 on the pdf, or  page 27 of the rulebook itself

16 hours ago, Berts city said:

Did anyone know of a rule change to ko you can now shoot direct from a ko ? 

It was used today against my u10s where the opposition scored.

I thought the fa were trying to get all kids to play football the right way instead of lumping it.

This isnt a rule change - No idea when it may have been first implemented or always been the case, but it's certainly acceptable to score direct from a kick off. Below is an example.

15 hours ago, Berts city said:

This is what we were saying a pointless change to a rule.

Above. Not a rule change.

13 hours ago, cityexile said:

Only change is the ball can now go backwards (or any direction) it does not require a second touch before going in the opponents goal. A kick off would be considered a direct free kick, not an indirect one. With this in mind, an "own goal" from a kick off would be a corner assuming no one else touches it.

3 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

As far back as 2010 this law has been in place (possibly longer - that's the earliest I could find on the fifa website), so this is definitely not a new rule.  You can make your keeper feel better though by letting him know that his lack of touch led to the goal, rather than the touch itself!

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2010_11_e.pdf  Page 29 of 140 on the pdf, or  page 27 of the rulebook itself

Yep will be speaking to him at training.

Something to improve on.

17 hours ago, cityexile said:

Corner, similar to a goal kick being caught by wind and sailing back over the goalie's head into the net.

2 hours ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

Corner, similar to a goal kick being caught by wind and sailing back over the goalie's head into the net.

Didn't that happen to a Swindon keeper a few years ago? Sure I remember it but can't find the footage

Archived