IGNORED

Hengrove away

BCFC1512

2 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

I remember fighting my way back to the coach after an away game at Hengrove. Ex-Ashton Parker here. Any of you Hengrove lads remember Mrs Sissons? She used to watch our games as her husband was our coach.

Miss Davies!  Mandy - yes I remember her, but then again I played in the same cricket team as Mr (Cary) Sissons, on a weekend, so saw her a lot.  

53 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Ha, there's a name from the past...Mr Sissons was my PE Teacher.

When he first came to Hengrove, straight from teacher college, he had bleached hair.  Got a lot of stick, usual stuff about watching us in the showers.  Think marrying Miss Davies put that rumour to bed!

12 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Ha, there's a name from the past...Mr Sissons was my PE Teacher.

We can't actually have been many years apart then. I was there between 87-92. I liked Mr Sissons actually although a lot of my year didn't.

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Miss Davies!  Mandy - yes I remember her, but then again I played in the same cricket team as Mr (Cary) Sissons, on a weekend, so saw her a lot.  

When he first came to Hengrove, straight from teacher college, he had bleached hair.  Got a lot of stick, usual stuff about watching us in the showers.  Think marrying Miss Davies put that rumour to bed!

She did seem nice. I remember my dad trying to chat her up when he came to watch me play a home rugby match against Hengrove.

16 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

When I was at Ashton Park, it was Redcliffe that was the real battle.

As a Redcliffian, there was always an undercurrent with Ashton Park, but nothing ever seemed to come of it, other than a bit of name calling on the crossover on the bus on Redcliffe Hill. That was until one of them spat at my younger brother - went right off in the underpass a couple of days later!

On 25 June 2016 at 06:54, Doozerchris said:

Still bump into to Mr Ford occasionally in Whitchurch.   The man is a legend and is still pissed. 

I see old Fred (Paul) Needles has a lot of his works on exhibition these days! Even has one of those fancy web thingies: http://paulneedles.com/

Got me ticket sorted, and don't have to use the motor to get there. Happy days.

I've watched a few of Athletic's games in recent times, including their cup-winning performance in May, so I'll have to wear a half and half scarf.

Archived