IGNORED

Hengrove away

BCFC1512

2 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Quick question, I know have to pay for a 3 & 5 year old but do I have to buy ticket for my 12 week old baby??

I bought a couple of tickets and had a query and emailed this person billy.bond@bcfc.co.uk . Put your mind at rest u could email him . Can't see a problem myself 

Henbury..... no one like us, we don't care. 

Southmead (Greenway) and Larnce Wesson, both equivalent to a visit to Millwall on a bad day.

Did play South Bristol teams in the Pepsi Trophy. Interesting, but nothing on North Bristol. 

Played Brislington (I think) at Eastville in one final where our 5th form ran riot. Next year we were told not to tell any of our 'supporters' about where the final was played! Disappointing. I'm sure that was the reason I never progressed to play on the international stage :-)

16 minutes ago, Scare_Man said:

A fellow 'Wooder - someone else survived then?  What era were you?

I left in '94 - then the let the girls in, then it really all went to pot.

I left in 84 , mad to think there were 1500 boys in that school when I was there . The yearly sorting out of the pecking order was a sight to behold .:boxing:

2 hours ago, Scare_Man said:

A fellow 'Wooder - someone else survived then?  What era were you?

I left the educational experience that was Merrywood in '81, and that after A-levels. Still have the physical and mental scars. Can still clearly remember the smells and sounds of local 'matches' - but mostly the taste of Doc Martens...

Went there recently and saw its current incarnation, 'The Park' - a community resource. Wandered around the place and got severely haunted by lots of ghosts. Talk about Flashback city.

10 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

I left the educational experience that was Merrywood in '81, and that after A-levels. Still have the physical and mental scars. Can still clearly remember the smells and sounds of local 'matches' - but mostly the taste of Doc Martens...

Went there recently and saw its current incarnation, 'The Park' - a community resource. Wandered around the place and got severely haunted by lots of ghosts. Talk about Flashback city.

Hengrover until 1964 where we played rugby until Christmas then football until cricket season so didn't seem to get many matches. Most games against schools across the city, and not local, so didn't really have any "interesting" games.

As for Merrywood School, being a Knowle Wester, can only ever imagine it as the boys grammar school the top of Novers Hill behind the houses.

7 hours ago, redysteadygo said:

As for Merrywood School, being a Knowle Wester, can only ever imagine it as the boys grammar school the top of Novers Hill behind the houses.

The old grammar school (now the KW drop-in clinic) was nothing to do with the Merrywood of Daventry Road notoriety. Or the girl's school on Downton Road, for that matter. Both were modern secondary comprehensives needed for us baby boomers, but are now mere shadows. To be honest, you are probably better off only knowing the grammar school.

10 hours ago, redysteadygo said:

Hengrover until 1964 where we played rugby until Christmas then football until cricket season so didn't seem to get many matches. Most games against schools across the city, and not local, so didn't really have any "interesting" games.

I left there in 66, I used to have to run the gauntlet of local kids when making my way home, what a stupid place to have a grammar school.

On 23 June 2016 at 21:02, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I remember Hengrove away when I was a kid at Ashton Park.

Carnage....one of their lads shoved my head down the ******* bog. Wrong place at the wrong time and all that...

I remember fighting my way back to the coach after an away game at Hengrove. Ex-Ashton Parker here. Any of you Hengrove lads remember Mrs Sissons? She used to watch our games as her husband was our coach.

2 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

I remember fighting my way back to the coach after an away game at Hengrove. Ex-Ashton Parker here. Any of you Hengrove lads remember Mrs Sissons? She used to watch our games as her husband was our coach.

Ha, there's a name from the past...Mr Sissons was my PE Teacher.

Archived