IGNORED

Next England Manager

Silvio Dante

28 minutes ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

The FA could not afford the chewing gum bill.

"Think", before posting.

FFS.

Uncle TFR

Ha , Smarty pants. I have ...... Wrigleys and Bazooka Joe are in Sponsorship talks as I type !  :whistle:

For our younger viewers , Bazooka Joe was a bubble gum with a cartoon strip inside.

bazooka-joe-overflowing-with-awesome.jpg

It's done and dusted: Coleman.

How do I know this?

He has officially denied it.

Done deal: first Welsh England manager.

I'm quite happy for the world to end now - having had a medium length and largely happy-ish life.

:mf_sleep:

Uncle TFR

Someone who on day one goes in and speaks some harsh truths about the inflated sense of ability the squad has, rip them a new one and remind them that their transfer fees and salaries are for the most part, just because they are English and meeting quotas, not based on ability. If any of them don't want to come back then %^&* them. Then he rebuilds them, bringing back their confidence, but without inflating it. 

On 30 June 2016 at 21:07, BS4 on Tour... said:

Is it just me who didn't know whether to laugh or cry when Raheem Sterling put a video of his mansion and luxury cars on social media just after arriving back from that shambles of a tournament?!

Unbelievable....who does he think he is?! Total lack of self awareness and total disregard for the fans who spent a lot of money to go and support him while he underachieved.....again.

What on earth made him get home and think "I'll just make a video of my Ferrari and luxury home and put it on social media, what could possibly go wrong?!" 

He should never represent our country again....

Did he do it because (just like Daniel Sturridge) he is a very stupid, lazy, gutless waster?

Watched Iceland last night, completely outclassed, four down at half time but all of them kept going until the very final whistle.

It's called pride, but I doubt Sterling could spell it, let alone know what it is.

Having a week to reflect I never thought I would come to the decision that Big Sam is perfect for England right now but he wont be appointed.

1. He will have no problems with media.

2. Will Handle the pressure.

3. There will be no players playing on name alone, all players will have to give 100%.

4. He finds a way to win and aside from Newcastle where he was unfairly sacked has done well at every club.

5. You will see many players dropped from the current side.

6. He wont get it because he is a strong character and wont be afraid to upset people.

The whole structure is wrong and it's been bugging me for a while.

I'd love to see something radical, like central contracts similar to rugby or cricket but that's never going to happen. So, one of two things:

First, the ultimate shake up that will never happen: The FA grow a pair and re-design their own top flight. Let the big boys run off to their European Super League and create a top flight from which the English squad would be picked. Create a situation where the English team is the pinnacle, where English players aim to be part of the squad and let the others sod off to play PSG and Bayern each week. (I did say this would never happen)

Secondly, a more realistic and interesting option. Don't name "match day" squads for internationals, name "tournament squads" at the start of qualifying. This could be a pool of say 30 players from which the England team is picked for the next two years. The only exception would be for injuries. This would create a team ethic and reduce the media storm around the need to pick the latest "form" player, as they would know the squad is sorted. The 30 players combine and create a team ethic, leading the manager to have a tactical plan when picking his 30. You may miss out on playing the latest youngster straight away, but they'd have a maximum of two years to wait and prove themselves worthy of being in the next tournament squad, after two years of consistent performances and experience in the under 21s.

Something radical must happen and either of those scenarios allow England to become the pinnacle of a player's career and help to create a club atmosphere around the national team.

On 7/5/2016 at 03:05, BA14 RED said:

Having a week to reflect I never thought I would come to the decision that Big Sam is perfect for England right now but he wont be appointed.

1. He will have no problems with media.

2. Will Handle the pressure.

3. There will be no players playing on name alone, all players will have to give 100%.

4. He finds a way to win and aside from Newcastle where he was unfairly sacked has done well at every club.

5. You will see many players dropped from the current side.

6. He wont get it because he is a strong character and wont be afraid to upset people.

He's apparently got an interview.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/10/sam-allardyce-interview-england-job

I never thought I'd say this but, I'd probably give it to him. His pragmatic approach is probably what is needed. And at least we'd have a plan.

4 hours ago, Colemanballs said:

He's apparently got an interview.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/10/sam-allardyce-interview-england-job

I never thought I'd say this but, I'd probably give it to him. His pragmatic approach is probably what is needed. And at least we'd have a plan.

Andy Carroll and Peter Crouch in a two man attack then. Kevin Nolan to come back in the number 10 role. The futures bright!

54 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So we're interviewing managers already? What happened to the "root and branch" review?

It's important to follow the right process in these things.  First of all, the FA decide what the conclusion of the "root and branch" review will be and then (and only then) will they have the "root and branch" review to ensure they get to the correct pre-agreed conclusion. 

They'll pick the face that fits rather than the right man. I've had a problem with the fa for decades. 

Why is the face of our national game a bunch of suits who know nothing about our game who are selected by a committee . It's beyond a joke. 

The main man should be a football man who's in charge of everything football from the England team right through to coaching structure at grass roots level. 

Am I the only one that doesn't care a great deal as to who it will be.  Whoever it will be wont be given time or licence to make a difference as there are to many people meddling with things within the FA.  Let's give it Sam or Harry but they won't as they wont be the puppet men that the FA will want.

We can get onto the club or country debate but I know where my efforts lay and has done for a long time.

I have had ideas for the England team which I believe would enhance the team and their chances at every tournament. One is near impossible and the other seems reasonable.

The near impossible one is that we have an England team in the Premier League. Play against all the best sides in the world and the chance to play champions league ect but the FA have to buy 25 players who they believe are worthy of being in the 'squad' 

The other is that before major tournaments, England players leave the premier league 2 months prior to the end of the season and spend 4 months together ensuring we are fully prepared for the tournament. 

Something has to change, we are so far behind now that it cannot be a little change it has to be something radical. 

37 minutes ago, cynic said:

They are not suits, they are blazers with badges - including Brooking.

The FA needs a complete restructure from the top down.

But getting millionaires to accept and thrive on pressure games is a problem that won't go away as long as they have everything served up to them on a plate. In the past the players just weren't good enough but now they are more than good enough but they just can't cope with pressure because they don't need to - they will still get tens of thousands a week regardless of performance. Not all of them are mentally weak and I thought this younger squad wouldn't have the shackles of the past - how wrong I was, they are just as bad, probably more so after that disgrace against Iceland.

I don't know what the answer is as its now a part of the England team make up - win friendlies and easy qualifiers but shite themselves when it matters.

FWIW I would have Allardyce as manager - at least he will tell them how it is and pick players on merit.

My idea certainly isn't a quick fix , it would be a complete culture change that would take years. Brooking left the fa years ago because he couldn't push through changes due to the committee . It's antiquated and needs to change but turkeys don't vote for Christmas . 

I agree with you about the pampering, they live in a protected bubble that doesn't do them any good at all. 

10 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

My idea certainly isn't a quick fix , it would be a complete culture change that would take years. Brooking left the fa years ago because he couldn't push through changes due to the committee . It's antiquated and needs to change but turkeys don't vote for Christmas . 

I agree with you about the pampering, they live in a protected bubble that doesn't do them any good at all. 

Brooking retired two years ago - nothing 'sinister' was suggested in any reports at the time - he didn't seem to leave because of any problem with 'pushing through change' he simply retired as he was 65 and had been the FA's Director of Football Development for 10 years.

Or have I missed something that you know about?

I can't find anything on the web about it but this was mentioned in a 5 Live piece last week - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sir-trevor-brooking-hails-youth-851409

Apparently it took years of cajoling from Brooking before these reforms were brought through. I don't think it caused him to leave but I doubt it would have convinced him to stay on either!

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Brooking retired two years ago - nothing 'sinister' was suggested in any reports at the time - he didn't seem to leave because of any problem with 'pushing through change' he simply retired as he was 65 and had been the FA's Director of Football Development for 10 years.

Or have I missed something that you know about?

Just what I'd heard a few times on radio at the time from ex pros  supposedly close to to Brooking .  

I cannot understand why people hope Big Sam isnt the manager.

Every club he has been at bar Newcastle he has done a good job. He gets results when it matters everywhere he has gone which is what England need whether thats pretty or ugly it doesnt matter.

And one thing is for sure he will not stand for any of the primadonnas not putting 100% in.

4 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

I cannot understand why people hope Big Sam isnt the manager.

Every club he has been at bar Newcastle he has done a good job. He gets results when it matters everywhere he has gone which is what England need whether thats pretty or ugly it doesnt matter.

And one thing is for sure he will not stand for any of the primadonnas not putting 100% in.

In fairness Newcastle were 11th in the Prem when they sacked him.

Archived