IGNORED

August points haul

Tall King Blox

Given the fixtures we have been landed with for August what do you guys n gals think Is a realistic target for the opening month of the new campaign, and don't give me the old "depends who we recruit in the summer" blarney, just an honest realistic figure of what you think we could or should reach.......I reckon 6 !!!.... One win three draws one loss..... Tin hat on

8 minutes ago, Super said:

Can't really call it this early with players still to come in, with current squad 2 points.

Be brave super, shout a three ! IMHO as the squad stands I would say bugger all but it's a funny old game, so I stick with my reckless six point dream...

You'd have to say we should be aiming to beat all the promoted teams and given the strength of the relegated teams potentially not take anything therefore 6 points after 5 games would not be the worst scenario to find ourselves in only having to play the relegated teams once more.

Relegated teams are there for the taking, poor moral with a loosing mentality might be a blessing for us, could be a good thing having them early on until they settle into championship football, on the other hand promoted teams have the winning mentality....Tis a quandary  to be sure so six points.....Erk !

21 minutes ago, Tall King Blox said:

Relegated teams are there for the taking, poor moral with a loosing mentality might be a blessing for us, could be a good thing having them early on until they settle into championship football, on the other hand promoted teams have the winning mentality....Tis a quandary  to be sure so six points.....Erk !

Newcastle spending £22m this week it looks like, Villa already spending a decent amount and Norwich potentially beating us to Canos and experienced at yo-yo ing

19 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

Newly promoted sides are always tricky at the start of the season.

And I expect all 3 relegated sides to be strong.

Can't call it at the moment as we don't have our final squad but remaining unbeaten would be a terrific start to the season.

Not being padantic but how many points do ya reckon ? Do I hear a five ?

I'll say 5. Beat Wigan but draw to Burton. Then a draw and two close losses against the relegated 3. Tough part about playing the relegated teams early is that there may still be some real talented players that have yet to move. It'll be a fun August

7 hours ago, southbristol said:

15 points

too much?

13 points then

(drawing with Burton)

What really annoys me about Bristol fans (I assume Gasheads are the same as us lot) is the constant negativity. :disapointed2se:

I'll answer the question when I have the full squad at my disposal.

I feel I am being asked the question with my hands tied behind my back.

Otherwise I would be making a completely uneducated guess ...................

:rolleyes:

Uncle TFR

Archived