IGNORED

Callum O'Dowda - Signed

Rocky

Great signing but not sure about everyone throwing him into the starting eleven. Loads of potential no doubt, but will probably be needing some development before a regular starter. 

Remember he was used last season mostly as a sub for Oxford in L2. 

19 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

Decent looking natch day squad of 18 suddenly!! That would actually allow us to leave some at home!! 

O'Donnell

Little
Flint
Magnusson
Golbourne

Smith
O'Neil

O'Dowda
Tomlin
Bryan

Kodjia

Subs
Fielding
Ayling
Williams
Brownhill
Pack
Freeman
Wilbraham 

What about Bobby Reid?

I would say that we are becoming a very attractive proposition and I 'm sure everyone will

be looking at us with a bit more respect now. No more little old Bristol City.

Likes of Florist Derby Norwich Villa and Newcastle watch out. We are going to surprise a lot of

teams, Believe me.

5 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

Yeah, but didn't make a 18 man squad of fully fit players, which would obviously change throughout the season. 

We wanted depth and competition, we've now got it. 

Each to their own. Would be starting instead of O'Dowda with Freeman out in my squad. Played excellently under LJ. 

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Each to their own. Would be starting instead of O'Dowda with Freeman out in my squad. Played excellently under LJ. 

Fair enough. Personally see him better in the no 10 role, unfortunately for him, Tomlin will have that nailed down whilst fit. 

I just like pace out wide, only reason I'd pick the two I have. 

3 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Some Oxford fans (very bitter I may add) saying he was a part time player last season. Wiki said he played over 50 games overall in the 15/16 season..

Started 18 games. He's got so much potential though. So, so fast. Would go as far as saying faster than Ivan Sproule. I am genuinely excited about this signing.

2 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

You think they'd say "my aim this year is to help the lads achieve a mid table finish"?

No, but words along the line of "help the club push on". That doesn't say promotion, just progress, without limiting to mid table, avoid relegation or whatever.

“Callum's success is another endorsement of our youth system. His development over the past two years is also testimony to the importance we place on nurturing and supporting talented young players and, of course, Michael Appleton's outstanding coaching skills.

"We are disappointed to be losing Callum as he was going to be an important member of the squad in the coming season. We wish him great success in the rest of his career and look forward to him being a regular visitor to the club.

"We have known of Callum's wishes for some while which has enabled us to plan for different outcomes. With a couple more players expected to join us over the next week or so, I believe we have a squad which is well equipped to have an exciting and successful campaign.”

Oxford chairmans comments. All sounds promising for a very good player.

Bobby Reid would be the sub for tomlin. 

Just need a sub for kodjia (Abraham) a right back (Matthews) a stand in keeper (lucic) and we are all gravy. We have Willian's and cyber as back up central defenders so do t need to stall their development by signing another centre back.

8 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Bobby Reid would be the sub for tomlin. 

Just need a sub for kodjia (Abraham) a right back (Matthews) a stand in keeper (lucic) and we are all gravy. We have Willian's and cyber as back up central defenders so do t need to stall their development by signing another centre back.

Auto correct has done you up like a kipper there.

50 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

Fair enough. Personally see him better in the no 10 role, unfortunately for him, Tomlin will have that nailed down whilst fit. 

I just like pace out wide, only reason I'd pick the two I have. 

LJ says he can play there in the interview. Someone like that able to come on/move there  when LT`s blowing/out of sorts makes me very happy. Up till now if LT was to have an off game (as all players do from time to time) we may have struggled I think as our tactics will be to get the ball to him as much as possible.

Archived