IGNORED

Andrew Billingham leaves Bristol Sport (Merged)

XtraTime

I didn't realise that, according to Hamer, "Bristol Rovers are (now) a pretty serious outfit", and that, "(Bristol Rovers) results are looked for not only in Jordan but also most of the Arab world". I mean, really? Hamer is as obviously deluded as the rest of their diminutive fan base.

Getting back to reality though, the Andrew Billingham article was a good read, thanks OP.

32 minutes ago, JustinCider said:

I didn't realise that, according to Hamer, "Bristol Rovers are (now) a pretty serious outfit", and that, "(Bristol Rovers) results are looked for not only in Jordan but also most of the Arab world". I mean, really? Hamer is as obviously deluded as the rest of their diminutive fan base.

Getting back to reality though, the Andrew Billingham article was a good read, thanks OP.

Jesus wept - he/they are utterly deluded.  I know two people living in Jordan I'll ask them if they've heard of the famous Bristol Rovers.  I also know a number of people living across the 'Arab world' I'll ask them too.  I think I know what all their answers will be: who?

The Gas will become a serious outfit when/if they get a new stadium. I say that because they're loaded financially and will be able to attract decent quality players.

They'll be playing in front of the blue few in half empty stadium.........:rofl2br:

6 minutes ago, cynic said:

Hamer "UWE is the preferred option"

So it isn't water tight then ?

Now that they have serious financial backing they have the luxury of looking at different site options. My guess is that what's happening. 

My understanding from the local gasheads is that they haven't committed to UWE - yet.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Now that they have serious financial backing they have the luxury of looking at different site options. My guess is that what's happening. 

My understanding from the local gasheads is that they haven't committed to UWE - yet.

What serious financial backing?

48 minutes ago, cynic said:

They don't have serious financial backing though, hence Wally visiting finance houses in London the other week trying to drum up some investment. I wouldn't think he had much success..

And they also visited Ashton Gate the other week to see how it was developed whilst still in use etc - redevelopment of the mem is option 2 no doubt.

Interesting. I would suggest option 2 is now option 1 and has been for some time and they`re just trying to work out how to break it to the deluded few.

7 hours ago, cynic said:

Hamer "UWE is the preferred option"

So it isn't water tight then ?

Latest!

Heard today at bowls from Gas season ticket holder that the "problem" with UWE is that they need planning permission to build a car parks adjacent to the proposed stadium site. Without it the stadium is a non starter.

The current parking at UWE is diabolical apparently.

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

Latest!

Heard today at bowls from Gas season ticket holder that the "problem" with UWE is that they need planning permission to build a car parks adjacent to the proposed stadium site. Without it the stadium is a non starter.

The current parking at UWE is diabolical apparently.

I thought they were building a car park?

• Admin
47 minutes ago, !james said:

https://twitter.com/BristolSportAB

Still active on Twitter. Job title: CEO Bristol Sport. 

43 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Nothing for 3 weeks now though. Bit odd given the season has started. 

@Dollymarie is right @!james - nothing sinister in my question, but on the basis he regularly posed seems quiet by his standards

7 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I get the impression he used to do more of the work Ashton now does - brand stuff not recruitment stuff.

Since Ashton has come in perhaps AB's work has been more exclusive to the commercial side so he doesn't need to be as active online.

A bit surprised Ashton isn't on Twitter actually.

Probably a wise move given some people`s opinion of him as some sort of malign Machiavelli pulling the strings from his penthouse lair!

9 hours ago, jambodinho said:

He used to tweet more about the flyers than city or Bristol rugby. I've not seen a lot mentioned about either of those teams on twitter lately. 

Close season for the Flyers.  Made all our signings very early in the close season, so has gone a little quiet, but friendlier start in September.  Could go far this season.  Re-signed Boggs, the American, and joined him with two fellow countrymen out of the NCAA (US College basketball), which is better than our own BBL, Rhondell Goodwin and Adam Weary.  With our quota of 3 Americans, we cleverly signed another, but with an Irish Passport, from Surrey, Jordan Davis who is competitive as they come.  We may have lost Hameed Ali and Aaron Cosby, but with the 2 College boys, they've been replaced and Davis will be the missing component from last season.  We've welcomed back mine and Joe's fave, 6'10" Mike Vigor (born in Scotland, but an Aussie really) from Perth Redbacks, and Daniel Edozie and Leslee Smith.  For any interested go and google Edozie's back story, it's pretty inspiring.  The other confirmed signing is Roy Owen, who is one of the nicest guys around.

If you can get a ticket it's a fantastic evening out....they sold out 13 on the trot!  The atmosphere is special, especially courtside.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Close season for the Flyers.  Made all our signings very early in the close season, so has gone a little quiet, but friendlier start in September.  Could go far this season.  Re-signed Boggs, the American, and joined him with two fellow countrymen out of the NCAA (US College basketball), which is better than our own BBL, Rhondell Goodwin and Adam Weary.  With our quota of 3 Americans, we cleverly signed another, but with an Irish Passport, from Surrey, Jordan Davis who is competitive as they come.  We may have lost Hameed Ali and Aaron Cosby, but with the 2 College boys, they've been replaced and Davis will be the missing component from last season.  We've welcomed back mine and Joe's fave, 6'10" Mike Vigor (born in Scotland, but an Aussie really) from Perth Redbacks, and Daniel Edozie and Leslee Smith.  For any interested go and google Edozie's back story, it's pretty inspiring.  The other confirmed signing is Roy Owen, who is one of the nicest guys around.

If you can get a ticket it's a fantastic evening out....they sold out 13 on the trot!  The atmosphere is special, especially courtside.

I've been going since before they joined the bbl. Nice to see someone else as keen as I. 

Archived