IGNORED

Yeovil friendly

bradshaw

9 minutes ago, gornagain said:

Just a thought, Kodjia was born in France. Does he have any connections with Nice?

He's from Saint Denis in Paris (and visiting family there when the Paris bombs happened last year), it's possible he does have connections to Nice but none that I think are known about to us.

Goals scored by Kodjia and Flint, eh?!? What a surprise! :whistle:

I read that LJ asked Armenteros to join us: I don't know if he's the sort of striker we need...but his signing could give the club the possibility to use the budget for other areas. 

I didn't recognise Garita when he was warming up at half time because he looks ten years older than he is. He is heavily built and stiff  - doesn't look an athlete at all. I genuinely thought he wa some unknown old pro or possibly a retired player who was one of the coaches!

5 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

I'm not sure about Armentous, goal scoring record in poor leagues isn't great, plus if he was half decent you think other clubs would be in for him.

Probably wouldn't risk it. Bring in the Chelsea player and we'll have 4 strikers.

Better than 1 in 3 isn't that great?!

2 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

It's not better than 1 in 3 though..

2008–2009 Heerenveen 0 (0)
2009–2013 Heracles Almelo 100 (26)
2013–2015 Anderlecht 5 (1)
2013–2014 Feyenoord (loan) 19 (1)
2014–2015 Willem II (loan) 29 (11)
2015– Qarabağ 17 (6

Over his career it's better than 1 in 4, his last 2 seasons have been better than 1 in 3. The Dutch league isn't particularly poor. The Azerbaijan league is, but that was a better than 1 in 3 season, and as you said his record in poor leagues I commented just referring to that season.

5 minutes ago, City169 said:

Over his career it's better than 1 in 4, his last 2 seasons have been better than 1 in 3. The Dutch league isn't particularly poor. The Azerbaijan league is, but that was a better than 1 in 3 season, and as you said his record in poor leagues I commented just referring to that season.

Oh, I was referring to his overall record. Also just seen according to his page he signed a 2 year deal just last September?

It's hard to judge a players ability on two friendlies, LJ and co would know much more about his ability seeing him in training for the last few weeks, I'll trust their judgement.

4 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Oh, I was referring to his overall record. Also just seen according to his page he signed a 2 year deal just last September?

It's hard to judge a players ability on two friendlies, LJ and co would know much more about his ability seeing him in training for the last few weeks, I'll trust their judgement.

I think he terminated the deal after a season, he tweeted something about free transfer status this summer 

I guess it depends on what you want from a 'forward' for a City this season?  It's pretty rare these days to get 2 x 20 goals a season striker partnerships.

Gray and Vokes - promoted Burnley - 25 & 15 (40 in total, but not 20 each)

McCormack and Dembele - struggling Fulham  - 21 & 15

Hernandez and Diara - 21 & 10

Next were Judge and Vibe / Forestieri and Hooper - 28 shared

Kodjia and Wilbs / Martin & Ince - 27 shared

Would we really expect Armenteros in a 40+ game season to get 18-20?  Could he get 10-12?  Would that be ok?  I don't know, but you would think if we do offer him a deal it is not to be the main man, but a support (match day 18) forward.

Question then is:

- would Agard score 10-12?  

- is it all about whether he brings goals

I quite like the idea of getting him on a free and find out he's a real nugget.  Can't believe wages would be high, otherwise he wouldn't be on trial?

Armenteros started on the right wing yesterday as part of a 4-3-3 with Agard on the left. It was awful and we quickly changed to a 4-4-2 with Agard and Wilbs up front. Looked a lot better then, Armenteros switched over to the left wing and Freeman played right wing. 

I thought he looked quite good yesterday but it was against Yeovil. Had a very good first touch & was quite quick & strong. 

The link up play between Tomlin and Joe Bryan was the best bit of yesterday. Although Tomlin playing left wing & Bryan left back is not how I'd like to see us set up. It slightly worries me we've signed one of the best 10's in this league & Johnson is considering playing him out there. 

After watching yesterdays game i believe its time to get rid of Agard and Freeman both great players in the past for us but their time has come.

Freeman has great ablility but he looks uninterested and overwieght these days, he gets tackled far to easily and doesnt track back when hes lost the ball,  his mazy runs dont come to anything (olay he set up four at Hengrove) and we have Tomlin, Odowda, Brownhill and J Smith to do this for us now. I say sell while we could get a decent price for him 

Agard is just not up to championship standard loses the ball to easy and doesnt offer a threat to the oppostion 

7 minutes ago, westonred said:

After watching yesterdays game i believe its time to get rid of Agard and Freeman both great players in the past for us but their time has come.

Freeman has great ablility but he looks uninterested and overwieght these days, he gets tackled far to easily and doesnt track back when hes lost the ball,  his mazy runs dont come to anything (olay he set up four at Hengrove) and we have Tomlin, Odowda, Brownhill and J Smith to do this for us now. I say sell while we could get a decent price for him 

Agard is just not up to championship standard loses the ball to easy and doesnt offer a threat to the oppostion 

The reality is that unless we have better replacements lined up, we simply don't have the room in the squad to just offload people. The squad is still thin now after a few additions.

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

The reality is that unless we have better replacements lined up, we simply don't have the room in the squad to just offload people. The squad is still thin now after a few additions.

Yes sorry i should have said once we have got better replacements in first. The squad looked very weak in the 2nd half I know we have Korey and Iceland to come in but we did look threadbare

14 minutes ago, westonred said:

Freeman and Agard are league one standard need to be moved on.

10 hours ago, Iron Man said:

It's not better than 1 in 3 though..

2008–2009 Heerenveen 0 (0)
2009–2013 Heracles Almelo 100 (26)
2013–2015 Anderlecht 5 (1)
2013–2014 Feyenoord (loan) 19 (1)
2014–2015 Willem II (loan) 29 (11)
2015– Qarabağ 17 (6

Heracles are average at best so to get 1 in 4 for a team that perennially struggles (usually finish about 14th out of 18)  can`t be too bad.

5 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Armenteros started on the right wing yesterday as part of a 4-3-3 with Agard on the left. It was awful and we quickly changed to a 4-4-2 with Agard and Wilbs up front. Looked a lot better then, Armenteros switched over to the left wing and Freeman played right wing. 

I thought he looked quite good yesterday but it was against Yeovil. Had a very good first touch & was quite quick & strong. 

The link up play between Tomlin and Joe Bryan was the best bit of yesterday. Although Tomlin playing left wing & Bryan left back is not how I'd like to see us set up. It slightly worries me we've signed one of the best 10's in this league & Johnson is considering playing him out there. 

We have a really good team for 4-3-3  with some good solid players to mix it up in the front three. With our midfield and attacking players we should be able to have a really solid midfield with a great attacking punch - really looking forward to seeing this midfield mix it up this season

Korey Smith 

Marlon Pack 

Joe Bryan 

Luke Freeman 

Bobby Reid 

Josh Brownhill

Gary O'Neil 

Lee Tomlin 

Callum O'Dowda

14 hours ago, westonred said:

Totally agree. If we could get 500k + for freeman and agard i would sell. Freeman doesnt even look interested to me and looks to be going through the motions, also when signing autographs last week at hengrove he came across as a bit of a miserable git.

Archived